Sword/LA or Axe/LA as a SB

tetsue

Fledgling Freddie
Hi was just wondering if there is any huge diff using sword or axe /LA spec as an SB ( meant Dmg ). My SB just dinged 40 so this is the final respec i get ( without getting a stone ) and kinda would hope someone could help me out abit :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
im thinking of going sword la and using 2 weapons from the sun belt .. also i think that means i canuse the spear of kings too if i can be bothered to get it.. Seems there are more sword artifacts than axe ones out there so thats why im going there ..

both do slash dmg so not much difference there. Only other thing is a personal preference on the styles that each one uses.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
go sword.

1.) Most Artifacts are Swords or activatable as Swords (Battler, Golden Spear)
2.) LG Swords are 4.0spd, Axe just 3.7spd
3.) Draw Out! High to-hit bonus (unique in Mid?) and damage ain't much worse than other anytime styles, while the end cost is quite an edge lower.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:
go sword.

1.) Most Artifacts are Swords or activatable as Swords (Battler, Golden Spear)
2.) LG Swords are 4.0spd, Axe just 3.7spd
3.) Draw Out! High to-hit bonus (unique in Mid?) and damage ain't much worse than other anytime styles, while the end cost is quite an edge lower.

4.1 speed sun axe each hand is better than legendary weaps...and cheaper xD

Doesn't matter what you pick really, can't go wrong with either they are so equal on level just they require different playstyles.

Gandagorn

Fledgling Freddie
Sword for sbs sux after what i thing.. i did around 70 dmg to 150 dmg on infs.. now i respec and using Sun belt 2 axes. I do with Havoc and lvl 50 axe style from the 150 dmg to 300 on right hand and around 100 to 150 dmg on left. Tho that im rr5 and got the last 0.3 dps. A good spec would be 35stealth, 50 axe, 39la, 34cs and last in env.. take what you wish my friend and gl :p

Ps can also be sword :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
4.1 speed sun axe each hand is better than legendary weaps...and cheaper xD

Doesn't matter what you pick really, can't go wrong with either they are so equal on level just they require different playstyles.

only problem is, that they get a) nerfed (rightfully) b) utility is utter crap

good for farming hulks tho.

for the playstyle, it's just "don't fight anything that just left the pk/bk, or has a cleric/warden nearby"... otherwise it's an easy -50% damage.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
for the spec,

50 Weap ain't really an option, way too many spec points needed that would gain you more in other lines.

Havoc/Tyr's Fury looks nice on paper, but from my experience it's rather unhealthy to stay infront of Infils (and most don't bother to turn around for some reason anyway). Very easy to mess up positional styles.

the styles at 44 weapon spec aren't really needed (or useful) either.

41 Weapon
39 CS
39 LA
35 Stealth
23 Envenom

is a pretty solid spec, if you want, you can drop CS to 34 and pump the other lines a bit, but you won't gain a whole lot (unless you're RR7+).

currently
42 Weap
39 CS
39 LA
32 Stealth
23 Env

myself (only 'accidental' autotraining <cwies>)

being a kobbie, I got 1421WS in my old Pre-ToA gear, think while I tried a SZ spec it was at 1457, so not really a whole lot difference.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
I would recommend sword as well, the taunt style is very nice, and sword looks > axe looks :p

My spec is

41 Sword
34 CS
39 LA
35 Stealth
30 (ish) Env

Little bit of autotraining.

I have 1300 ish WS when buffed with red MoA3 (no toa itamz!!!1) and no aug str yet.

What RA's you got Cylian?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I would say sword. U have battler/malice combo for 1 thing (uber combo)
the legendary sword is slower then axe. More artifacts are usable as sword. Draw out is a great anytime style.

I use battler, sun, heat, gs, traitors mainhand and malice offhand.

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Moriath said:
im thinking of going sword la and using 2 weapons from the sun belt .. also i think that means i canuse the spear of kings too if i can be bothered to get it.. Seems there are more sword artifacts than axe ones out there so thats why im going there ..

both do slash dmg so not much difference there. Only other thing is a personal preference on the styles that each one uses.

you cant use spear of kings if you are a sb....

tetsue

Fledgling Freddie
thx all for the fast answers, i have respecced to sword/la now so hope that it will work :D , this is my first stealth class ever so bet i will get killed all the time anyway but im having fun, and isnt that all that matters? ^^

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Imo it doesnt matter which u choose...i wud like to be sword now tho...with ToA etc. Chose axe for the looks tbh..cleaver/HA looks better than sword/HA :)

and omg..i have 1453 ws buffed :( with 343 str, 43+13axe. How do u do it cylian? hm..mebbe its cause ur rr5+

/Dracus

Drew

Fledgling Freddie
a specc question: im thinking of going 44sword, 44la, 34cs, 15env, 33stealth, is that way to low env? or is it a decent specc?

Drew

Fledgling Freddie
im also thinking of this specc: 42sword, 39la, 35cs, 33stealth, 27envenom.
if i have 27+10, then i can use the lvl37 debuff str/con, maybe thats better then other specc i said?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
battler, dont need too say more...best 1vs1 sword there is ( ws proc, ABS debuff etc..)

bitch too lvl, well worth it ( even after nerf)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
battler, dont need too say more...best 1vs1 sword there is ( ws proc, ABS debuff etc..)

bitch too lvl, well worth it ( even after nerf)

I dunno...the good thing is with speccing sword and la you can have malice+battler, though if you spec axe you can't xE

Both specs require speccing lv50 if you want a nice style, i would spec 44 weap 34 cs 39 la for a sb too like most, you want weaponskill fairly high due to debuffs and la for base damage, get dr3 or so and it's 9% more then add the toa bonuses can be pretty nice.Also no more than 34 cs is really needed, max sb's usually go is 39.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I have aug str IV and +15str cap and 50 weapon.

And capped buffs ofc

Edit: If just my spellcrafter gets his ass out the chair and start working I will have my complete template done and we will see what I end up with.

And Chimaira as u can see I sacrifice quite alot to gain ws. infils don´t have to sacrifice anything to get good ws.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Drew said:
a specc question: im thinking of going 44sword, 44la, 34cs, 15env, 33stealth, is that way to low env? or is it a decent specc?

Unless your rr6+ then stealth is rather low.

Not enough gain in dmg with going 44la over 39, compared to higher env which means less resisting and high debuff and dot dmg to the target.

On topic, I prefer axe cause of the front positional combo, yet to try out properly in rvr, but pve (lvling arts/farming) its rock for me.

Havoc = low to hit bonus
Tyr's = high to hit bonus

Don't know anything about the sword line taunt style, but doesn't it have abit of a low growth rate compared to garrote?

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Drew said:

rather ditch venom compleatly and get decent stealth...35 if you can :>

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
sword line taunt style, but doesn't it have abit of a low growth rate compared to garrote?

It uses about 50% less end, unless you have endregen pots its pointless spamming garrote.

Draw out is the best mid anytime next to provoke (hammer taunt)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hows the dmg og the taunt style compared to havoc-Tyrs?

I always find that most fights are over before I OOE anyways, so rather go out doing heavy dmg then go out with 50% more end heh :)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Havoc/tyrs is a positional/followup so it will damage more than an anytime taunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom