Sword/Axe/Hammer?

A

amagad

Whats the diffrence?

I got a skald, going for 45 in BS..

So there would prolly be lots of speccs over but i cant deside what weapon i shall use.
Whats the diffrence between the types of weapons and combinations..

E

Eyeinthedark

46 u mean? : )

i did tons of research on this and decided best would be 44 hammer 46 bs and 17 parry, course i havnt tried it yet in rvr since i am 44 only but have heard nothing but good from this spec, as for pve if it matters to you hammer works great.

A

amagad

hehe, i didnt know the numbers exactly, but what u are telling me ive heard before. Seems like a good desission then.

W

Weeping Willow

Or FOTM 50 Sword 43 Battlesongs 2 Parry

F

fragoverrule

it may be fotm but checked all poosible styles but swod seems to me the best one , 44 hammer is also very good

I

infozwerg

hammer does lousy damage if you are in a group, youll hit clerics and druid who wear alb chain and scale. hammer does good damage if solo, youll hit on alb leather, hib leather and hib reinforced. styles have ok damage and use low end.

axe has ok styles for group and very good soloing styles, but weak damage against hib stealthers.

sword is amazing in group with ragnarok, but styles use SICK amounts of end so its kinda bad for solo.

if you go sword you MUST spec it to 50, if you go axe you should spec it to 50, if you go hammer its good to spec it to 50.

S

Semaka

I think Axe is the best weap for a skald

44 Axe, 46 BS and 17 Parry

Plague and Evernight - best axe style for RVR

W

Whoodoo_RD

Sword / Axe = Slash
Hammer = Crush

The different types of weapon effect different types of mob / player.

Sword; Low styles suck a little, but the later (30+) styles and follow ons are not too bad. Although these are mainly bleed types with follow up short duratin stuns.

Axe; Stun styles galore, some position based so be ready to /face - strafe - whack! a lot. Heavy damage but a lot of the styles use a hell of a lot of end.

Hammer; Resisted a lot in RvR, as most chars you will try and solo are cloth based, hence they will resist a lot compared to slash. Again some good styles, bleed and target slowed mainly, which is not brilliant IMO.

All 3 have their merrits, and their downfalls, theres really no right answer.

I

infozwerg

Sword; Low styles suck a little, but the later (30+) styles and follow ons are not too bad. Although these are mainly bleed types with follow up short duratin stuns.

Axe; Stun styles galore, some position based so be ready to /face - strafe - whack! a lot. Heavy damage but a lot of the styles use a hell of a lot of end.

Hammer; Resisted a lot in RvR, as most chars you will try and solo are cloth based, hence they will resist a lot compared to slash. Again some good styles, bleed and target slowed mainly, which is not brilliant IMO.

such lies!

almost all of this is completely not true.

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by infozwerg
hammer does lousy damage if you are in a group, youll hit clerics and druid who wear alb chain and scale. hammer does good damage if solo, youll hit on alb leather, hib leather and hib reinforced. styles have ok damage and use low end.

axe has ok styles for group and very good soloing styles, but weak damage against hib stealthers.

sword is amazing in group with ragnarok, but styles use SICK amounts of end so its kinda bad for solo.

if you go sword you MUST spec it to 50, if you go axe you should spec it to 50, if you go hammer its good to spec it to 50.

hammer 50? why would you go hammer 50? the last style sux

Z

zoia

Originally posted by infozwerg
My hammer loves bards. :p
Hammer backpositional also has a snare, so they wont run away as easily.

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Cloth is neutral to all damage types.

Go here to see what armour is resistant/vulnerable to what damage.
http://daoc.gamescape.com/handler.cfm?app=resources/gameplay&method=WeaponEffectiveness

Here you can see what styles each weapon have.
http://www.camelotherald.com/styles/

Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but here you can get an idea of how much damage each style does.
http://home.nc.rr.com/obsidianguard/wyrd/Styles.htm

Decide what damage type and styles you think will benefit you the most and choose a weapon. :)
Oh, and don't listen to all the people saying you'll be a gimp unless you go for 50 weapon.

Good luck with your skald :)

M

megahealer

Love my skalds dmg! I have: 50 Axe, 43 BS and 2 Parry....
Works great for me in PvE and PvP.

P

peder

i thinking of going hammer now when left axe is bad. 2h hammer and much parry mohhahahah

I

infozwerg

Originally posted by peder
i thinking of going hammer now when left axe is bad. 2h hammer and much parry mohhahahah

best way to gimp yourself completely

H

Hakansson

LA ain't that bad just sounded bad the nerf still do dmg whit it =oP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom