Switching weapons

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Will we ever be able to switch weapons during combat? Marcus, Nick any ideas?

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Magnus and Nic do not have any ideas about this no. ;)

We have received some more feedback requesting this and will of course forward it but I'm afraid I have not heard any mention of this in patch notes or the likes.

Sorry.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
You may impliment item switching in combat when somebody sends me a video of them having a real life fight and switching weapons mid battle.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You may impliment item switching in combat when somebody sends me a video of them having a real life fight and switching weapons mid battle.

Have you seen the greek riots? You got stones, and a club! What more do you want? Cops got clubs and asphyxiating gas guns. There you go

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

I've been in a fair few scraps and someone has come at me with something and I have managed to get it off them and beat lumps out of them with it.....can we have that? want one of those witch hunter guns

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One

Which will happen just after people have a real life fight and shoot fireballs out of their fingers, magically make people fall asleep from half a fuckin' light year away and turn invisible at will. Right?

Oh and +1 vote from me for 1H/2H switching in combat; it was nifty for melee types in DAOC and it would be nifty for them here.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
If it such a big issue, just make it like a 5s cast spell or something. So you don't actually change "in combat" but you can still change according to the flow of the battle!

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
I often switch between 2h and "sword and board". And I often cock it up and fail to equip a sword and then enter combat, punching away!

For the more dense of us, weapon switching is desperately needed :(

dee777

Loyal Freddie
_IF_ you have to implement it, I agree with the 5 sec cast time. Juggling weapons in a fight should be cumbersome if possible at all.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
No, weapon switching in combat is baaaaddddd :p I think if you chose to say use a Two hander for example and gimp your defense as a tank you should have to deal with it until you are out of combat. You cant have your proverbial melee cake AND eat it :p

It would be like switching tactics in combat, which would be really lame.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Out of combat takes forever tho. As I said, make it a 5s cast (hell, make it 10s for all I care). This way you're guaranteed that no tank is going to change weapon mid-fight, but also allows for more flexibility.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Hmm. Having a cooldown timer on it doesn't sound too bad at all!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
they already let you put your bow onto your back for shadow warriors when you switch to melee.... so why not allow a switch to a 2-hander on your back for tanks? o_O

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Which will happen just after people have a real life fight and shoot fireballs out of their fingers, magically make people fall asleep from half a fuckin' light year away and turn invisible at will. Right?

Oh and +1 vote from me for 1H/2H switching in combat; it was nifty for melee types in DAOC and it would be nifty for them here.

You know as well as I do that switching weapons from say a 2h to Sword'n'Board in the sort of "real" combat we engage in (which ironically does involve people shooting things out of their fingers, and making people fall asleep) involves dropping things on the ground and spending a few precious seconds readying your new weapon. This is massively hard to do when actually engaged in melee if you hope to avoid being hit. Your best bet is to remove yourself from the combat, switch weapons, and then go back in.

Isn't that what's already happening?

If people really insist on being able to switch weapons in combat, then I'm down with the 5sec "cast", easily interuptable, during which you should take more damage from physical attacks because you can't actually defend yourself during the switch.

By the same token though, spellcasters should take increased damage if they're hit whilst they're concentrating on finger-waggling.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I often switch between 2h and "sword and board". And I often cock it up and fail to equip a sword and then enter combat, punching away!

For the more dense of us, weapon switching is desperately needed :(

LOL, thats awesome :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
in the sort of "real" combat we engage in (which ironically does involve people shooting things out of their fingers, and making people fall asleep) involves dropping things on the ground and spending a few precious seconds readying your new weapon.

I now have visions of a WE or WH putting on a hi-vis yellow vest just before they vanish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom