Swift / wire transfer

E

evilmonkeh

ok ive decided that i want this game too much to let payment problems put me off ;)
well im wondering, how do i go about doing this in the uk?
i have a bank account with halifax, could i use that to do a wire transfer?
ive never done a wire transfer before and i dont really know much about it, so if someone could give me a brief discription of what i do i would be quite gratefull :)

many thanks

EvilMonkeh>

E

Embattle

Someone here had planned to use this method but found a fairly high commission was involved and decided against it.

E

evilmonkeh

doh, why do things have to be so damn difficult :wall:

C

Custy

that was me :)

I ended up just ordering a mastercard.

The bank told me it would cost me 20-25 (although some people say they only had to pay 15) quid just to make the transfere so if you do do this you might want to think about buying 6 months, but then again if you dont like the game or you can't play for some other reason you have wasted a lot of money so its up to you.

Go to the bank and take the details given to you when you register the game, ask to make a SWIFT payment and they will give you a form (try and see if you can get anyone to hep you with this cuz it is fairly complicated) fill it in and give it back. Not sure what happenes after that cuz that was the point when he told me it would cost this extra money, so i told him my situation and he gave me a mastercard.

E

evilmonkeh

but im not 18 yet ;)
i think ill ask around a few banks and see what the rate for a wire transfer is, if i cant get it for less than £15 or so, then ill just pursuade my parents to pay by master card :)
may be an uphill battle hehe

thanks for replies!

E

Embattle

The GAME shop has it listed as:

Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard or American Express cards only):

1 Month = $12.95
3 Months = $35.85
6 Months = $65.70

Swift Money Transfer:

3 Months = $45.95
6 Months = $79.95

C

Custy

but embattle, it is $45 for 3 months but there is also an internal bank charge of about 20 quid.

I think CCP charge extra for Swift because it is more complicated.

E

Embattle

It costs more for the sender and the receiver I believe when it comes to swift.

Get your dad to use his card and pay him via cash, problem solved ;)

R

Rah

What on Earth is Swift ... why don't they just allow BACS or use Switch ... evil Icelandic people :p

C

Custy

Yea i thought not allowing Switch was a bit of a mistake. Im sure there was a reason though.

E

evilmonkeh

woohoo struck a deal with parents
my gcses finish in 2 weeks time, and if i work hard my mum will pay for me !!!
yey

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Rah
What on Earth is Swift ... why don't they just allow BACS or use Switch ... evil Icelandic people :p

Switch is only used in the UK, they had to use worldwide methods of payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom