SWG - Unofficial European Server

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I've just been having a gander at the latest SWG news and it appears that there isn't going to be a European-based server on release (20 servers - 10 on East Coast USA & 10 on West Coast USA).

What does this mean for us? It means we're going to have to get organised in order to get a decent population during Euro peak times. Doing so will help us:

1. Find people to group with during Euro peak hours
2. Find people to guild with
3. Organise events that don't start at 4am
4. Build a strong european community within the game

Anyone who has played any MMORPG on a US server will know the difficulties of playing in a US time-zone. Generally, one or more servers evolve into "unofficial Euro servers", but that can leave some people out in the cold.

So, my proposal is that we strive to build up an 'Unofficial Euro Server' from the start. We try and spread the word through the European MMORPG community as a whole and we overcome some of the problems that we might otherwise face.

After much deliberation I propose that the official "Unofficial Euro SWG Server" should be:

************* ECLIPSE *****************

Rationale:
(a) It's an East coast server so time-zone problems should generally be less
(b) It starts with 'E' for 'Euro' and 'EC' for Euro Community :)

If you think it's a good idea then spread the word

N

Nightchill

I think Eclipse had already been decided on by the good EU citizens at the official SWG forums. So yes, it's a good idea.

E

elander_sai

Yea i am all up for it but when will it be released aah the horror :p i wanna play that game badly

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Nightchill
good EU citizens at the official SWG forums

Worse than the Whineboards. By far...

Tr0Ggie... guess you won't be lonely in Hibernia. ;)

P

Pixie.Pebr

Hmm...
I will play a bountyhunter... or a jedi...or a bountyhunter... or a jedi...

Above is a direct quote from 99% of the posts on SWG forums.
I'll still try it though, maybe. And play a Gungan poet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom