SWG Delayed... Again

O

old.Dillinja

The original release date for this game was Summer 2002 then December 2002 then February 2003 then April 2003 now the release date is unstated. They can't keep pushing people around like that and by looking at the posts on the SWG boards they are losing a lot of potential buyers very quickly.

I, for one, am very disappointed about this and am beginning to wonder whether the game is ever going to be released, and, if it is released, what sort of state it will be in once it's out. I had high hopes for this game for a long time, now they're fading... fast.

Anyone else disappointed at the delay/s of this game?

Developer Statement : http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/111454.html

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
They can't keep pushing people around like that

Can..have and will in the future. Deal with it, no game comes out on first "release" date.

S

Sloth

Doing a Max Payne,
We all know that game was quality when it came out.

:D

O

old.job

Er, isn't it coming out on the playstation/x-box?

Soon as it does, I'm buying one, how sweet to play on the telly, with no pc shit.
It will play better and look better on an x-box then even the highest end cards/pc's (lower resolution, but looks fine on your tv)

S

SilverHood

I like my pc :)

Wouldn't play on the console even if they canned the pc release :)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
I, for one, am very disappointed about this and am beginning to wonder whether the game is ever going to be released, and, if it is released, what sort of state it will be in once it's out. I had high hopes for this game for a long time, now they're fading... fast.

yes, they clearly should stick to their intended releasedate and make release a worse disaster then AO and Neocron combined...

O

old.Dillinja

What I meant to say is that they should not continue to give release dates which are supposedly "solid" unless they're 100% sure that they can reach them.

G

Gallak

Thats why they never say they are solid, just expected, or hopeful.

G

Gekul

I doubt that's going to be very enjoyable on release day anyway tbh ;)

S

SFXman

lol.
I never expected such a thing :rolleyes:
My god, I am going to keel over and die of shock, 1 w4n7 70 0wn l177l3 1337 k1d5.

R

rynnor

Re: Re: SWG Delayed... Again

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Can..have and will in the future. Deal with it, no game comes out on first "release" date.

Agreed - however this was their 3rd release date - the first two were vague quarterly affairs but you think after slipping back through two expected release dates then issuing a stated date (not even just 'april 2003') AND canning a bunch of the content that they might just meet it :)

I wonder if we are looking at another Shadowbane here - some of the recent dev posts have sounded pretty alarming - some of the professions are still at the concept stage (bounty hunter and smuggler amongst others) - the ranged healing is a late tacked on afterthought - the graphic quality has been dropped several notches from the original (doctered as it now looks) screenshots and so on and on and on...

I wouldnt expect a new date earlier than the Autumn really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom