Sweet Jesus, my eyes!

O

old.LandShark

Half

Life

o m f g. Finally someone has realised that realism is not about texture resolution, it's a part of physics and sound. :clap:
Even if the finished game was what you see in the various E3 videos, strung together with a pair of badly-drawn bunnies dancing the Merengue, the game would be impressive.
The weapon that lets you pick up heavy objects and then blast them at high speeds = pure genius idea.
Aahh, the refreshing glow of something to be a fanboi about ;)
I suggest (if you haven't seen em already) you go and download the videos released so far.

E

Ekydus

Half-Life was gound breaking in the first place, ofcouse Half-Life 2 is going to be great, you can't really expect anything less.
Much much better than the Quake engine in my opinion, it's good to see someone coming up with ideas for the First Person Shooter games. :D

S

Spinky

Only watched the first three movies, but damn, it looks nothing short of stunning, the way the mattresses flopped about and the fire, it actually looked like fire !

I mean, gfsdbgdmngbsdfg

Just seen the fourth one now, I like the look of that scenario, like somethign out of Heat.

Here's to hoping the AI is up to the same standard as the Graphics/Physics. Only gripe about it is the way that the guys body landed from such a height, but hey, not like I've seen many bungee cords snap anyway so woo, looks great :p

T

Tobold

OMFG

i need a new computer for that, and i need it nowww

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Ekydus
Half-Life was gound breaking in the first place, ofcouse Half-Life 2 is going to be great, you can't really expect anything less.
Much much better than the Quake engine in my opinion, it's good to see someone coming up with ideas for the First Person Shooter games. :D
Muchos bull-shittos. Because HL was good it doesn't mean shit when you consider how good HL2 will be.

E

Ekydus

Actually it does... because Half-Life 2 would not exist without Half-Life. Thanks and now be quiet.

S

Sharma

Seen the screenshots before, its looks amazing, gonna need a geforce FX for it apparently o_O

G

Gekul

Those vids are on a Radeon 9800.

I've been playing the original for years (multi-player) so I hope they have a decent DM option.

T

Tenko

Well the first vid is a little impressive, finally something worth buying a 9800 for :)

T

The Kingpin

Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god, Oh My god.

"Cool"

Reading about it from Gamespy, can't wait..
After playing Half-life many years back, and the 2 expansions,
Opposing Force and Blue Shift, i just want more Half-Life goodness...

Very good fps, with a kick ass story.. I hope Half-life 2, has lots of twists and turns like its Daddeh!

Like, i loved in the expansions, going to places, you would go past in the orginal, Like one of my best moments..
Was, you came from a vent in Opposing Force, and you see Gorden hopping into the portal to Xen, hehe..

Anyways, Give! Also hope, they give TF2 life!

O

old.Dillinja

I'm hoping that they make a Counter-strike 2 based around this engine, some second-rate upgraded Half-Life 1 engine just isn't going to cut it for me. Also hoping that they make another add-on similar to 'Opposing Force', I always thought it was great working with the military to fight the aliens. Of course it was also nice having to fight the aliens and the military at the same time, like a 3-way battle.

J

Jiggs

so long as it doest have the stupid zone with the wierd physics should be cool!

S

Spinky

Valve have pointed out that hl2 is based entirely on earth, so no alien planet this time around :D

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Jiggs

I thought that was pretty good. Porting to a different planet etc.

J

Jiggs

it was just a dumb idea, lets not even go there ok :p

O

old.Xarr

i saw that 25 min movie... hl2 is gonna own, no doubt in my mind.

oh and if you're going to buy a new gfx card for this game i'd go with a ati since that's what valve is using.

T

Testin da Cable

november or so isn't it? hmm

*restrain wood*

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Jiggs

Interloper was cool for about 5 minutes, problem was it went on too damn long. ;)

Originally posted by Gekul
Those vids are on a Radeon 9800.

It's worth noting that the engine build on show there is, Valve claim, last september's. Demo system was 1gig PC3700 DDR ram, Radeon 9800 pro, 2.4ghz athlonXP...
= £700ish atm
= £500ish when HL2 is released, hopefully
= It's upgrade time!

Incidentally, last video is the one most impressive to me. The strider's weapon (the huge, building-destroying sonic blast thing), the player picking up a dresser lying in the street and blasting it at the strider where it shatters on impact....
omfg, fscking awesome. Haven't been this anticipatory about something for years :eek:
Oh, and is it just me or is Doom3 really, really screwed now? Deus Ex 2 is going to have to pull something truly special out of the bag to beat this, if the release dates are comparable. (which, lets face it, they will be - both 4th quarter 2003 releases supposedly)

O

old.Xarr

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a radeon9900 or something in the waters before the HL2 release.

oh and /agree landshard, doom3 is in trouble now. :]

G

Gekul

I am pleased Valve have remembered there are people who can't run the latest hardware, the games minimum specs won't be obscene like some of the other new games coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom