Sursbrooke 4 - 0 Mids

Snajpah

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
112
Well nice try mids 4 failed attemps at the keep of Doom even though we where outnumbered several times today ...

Funniest fight i would say was when u attacked with 42 ppl at 5am ended 6am cet and had keep lord at 13% before we noobiliest youre sorry butts ..

Hope its ok to sleep now so we can kick it tomorrow again :touch:
 

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
441
sadly mids really need a RvR leader as we got noone atm :(

Givf ardamel back. :cheers:

Well dunno why mid went for sur's anyways as we get well like nothing from taking it.
 

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
3,042
Well we all know that u dont need superior numbers to defend something. Always easier to defend then to attack.

That said. It was poor played by mids multiple times when it got to the state where we should charge. Ppl seemed so afraid of dying they just stood packed together and... well died.
 

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
834
whit all those casters albs had in surs defending is so easy it can be.
defender never need equal numbers against attackers but when realm has most players + 1 of most powerfull caster, dont need more.
 

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
1,332
Tuppe said:
defender never need equal numbers against attackers but when realm has most players + 1 of most powerfull caster, dont need more.
would that be sorc? i believe a warlock, spiritmaster, animist, eld/chanter can be just as hard if not worse.
 

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
834
sorc is good answer :) + 3 tri spec cabby is inc.

thou what find most funny (played my valkyrie only) when logged out ~10pm notice i had made nearly 40 ress whit eystandr.
guess i have find role what mythic made valkyrie in this game :worthy:
 

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,025
Lovely stuff to see Mids claim Albs have stong casters, specially for keep defense.
Aoe Dot from a cabby is such pain compared to the gaylock zerg who can dot, pbaoe, lifetape, instant death as they please.
Please, keep amusing me with lame ass excuses.
Explain to me how instant aoe stun sucks when combined with pbaoe'ing melee immune casters (SM's).
Regards, Glottis
 

Nate

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
7,454
if u would notice i do believe cabalists have "lifetape" aswell my friend
 

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
586
Bistrup666 said:
sadly mids really need a RvR leader as we got noone atm :(
Sojik-p was doing a grand job, certainly for teh first two raids, not a step wrong.


Bistrup666 said:
Well dunno why mid went for sur's anyways as we get well like nothing from taking it.
The problem are the 30 or so mid noobs in the BG who haven't got a clue why Mids are fighting hard for surs and why Albs are fighting hard to keep it.
After 18 months of New Frontier you'd actually expect a few mids more to understand what is going on and to follow instructions rather than whining about the BG's decisions! A BG is not the place to explain how the game works!
 

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
2,467
The problem was the ADD-ridden idiots who are unable to keep sight of the big picture for more than 30 seconds...Sojik kept clearly telling people what to do in /bg but you can't lead a raid effectively if half your members just go "GIVF ARPEEEEZ MEIGHTZZZZ!!!11one11!!" and rush off at the first sight of two Luris and a dog half a zone away and give up any thought of the big picture. We could have taken Surs fairly quickly (if not without bodycount) if people had just listened and followed orders but no, half the BG was either running around like headless chickens chasing 10 RPs elsewhere or refusing to go into the lord room (admittedly the massed high RR Alb casters in there were dealing out horrific amounts of damage, it was pretty daunting even going near the doorway) when told to charge.
 

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
1,332
Svartmetall said:
The problem was the ADD-ridden idiots who are unable to keep sight of the big picture for more than 30 seconds...Sojik kept clearly telling people what to do in /bg but you can't lead a raid effectively if half your members just go "GIVF ARPEEEEZ MEIGHTZZZZ!!!11one11!!" and rush off at the first sight of two Luris and a dog half a zone away and give up any thought of the big picture. We could have taken Surs fairly quickly (if not without bodycount) if people had just listened and followed orders but no, half the BG was either running around like headless chickens chasing 10 RPs elsewhere or refusing to go into the lord room (admittedly the massed high RR Alb casters in there were dealing out horrific amounts of damage, it was pretty daunting even going near the doorway) when told to charge.
do you think that only happens to midgard? both the other realms have the same problems, dont worry, so thats a very lame excuse imo.
 

illu

Part of the furniture
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
1,867
I think the problem is that Mids play ok - but not "great".
We try to do an alb zerg to steamroll keeps and you can't really do that against the Albs who are the professionals :>
A lot of middies roam and instead of concentrating on what we are doing - they are looking to be hero's and chase any enemy that is near.
The guys in the rams doing the ramming are left to die a lot of the time, without healers in their groups :/ We aren't filling the rams.
Not enough ports are killed off.
The warlocks are not instakilling people at windows quick enough.
People aren't bringing enough Rams.

I think the general thing is that Middies take too long to do anything. If you are going to do some sort of raid, hit the enemy on multiple sides, split them up, make them think wtf is going on - I can't port anywhere - all these towers on fire - where do we go now?
Get in there - get out.
Instead we end up permaspamming the bg "where are all the mids in this bg? 102 in bg, about 50 here?"
"stop chasing them!"
"kill the casters at the windows!"
"keep the people in the ram ALIVE"
etc etc

And we seem to just do 1 big mass zerg, when we need to have small SAS groups going off and causing mayhem, while the main zerg continues its mission.

Mids just seem to be these impatient twitchy people that cannot stay in one place for more than 5 minutes :>

Brad and Sojik were doing a good job (albeit a bit slow) but trying to keep control of 102 middies of which 50 were running around like headless chickens is a nightmare :>

But soon - I think people will pull together and listen, the tactics will be better and the organisation will be better, and my ram production line will be able to close down :>

Oli - Illu
 

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
441
Xajorkith said:
Sojik-p was doing a grand job, certainly for teh first two raids, not a step wrong.



The problem are the 30 or so mid noobs in the BG who haven't got a clue why Mids are fighting hard for surs and why Albs are fighting hard to keep it.
After 18 months of New Frontier you'd actually expect a few mids more to understand what is going on and to follow instructions rather than whining about the BG's decisions! A BG is not the place to explain how the game works!

I say again what I said above what would we get for taking surs nothing alb relic gate would open and that would get us well nothing. The two relic keeps was what the mids was w8ing for and it was l8 as soon as the decision was made to go for surs U could see it in the bg it dropped by 30% yes we where some that actually payed attention to that. U just can't expect ppl to hang around when they get nothing from it.

Granted the surs idea would have been good if it was done while there still where some hibs on so they could have taken advantage, but there where not.
 

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 12, 2005
Messages
319
xxManiacxx said:
Well we all know that u dont need superior numbers to defend something. Always easier to defend then to attack.
aye thats the idea of a castle or a fortress and i persoly expect the attackers to loose if they are 1:1 with the defender and have small chanses of success when 2:1
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
illu said:
A lot of middies roam and instead of concentrating on what we are doing - they are looking to be hero's and chase any enemy that is near.
The guys in the rams doing the ramming are left to die a lot of the time, without healers in their groups :/ We aren't filling the rams.
Not enough ports are killed off.
The warlocks are not instakilling people at windows quick enough.
People aren't bringing enough Rams.
Sounds familiar :) if you want siege equipment you have to bring it yourself I find or make sure you have people yelling out before you head off what seiege they have with them.

but other than the fact our alb warlocks never seem to instakill anyone (not entirely sure why) and that in theory we should be able to zerg more :p (didn't happen last few times I've tried mind you) it's the same in all realms ;)
 

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
3,042
snushanen said:
aye thats the idea of a castle or a fortress and i persoly expect the attackers to loose if they are 1:1 with the defender and have small chanses of success when 2:1
yupp :)

Every leader wants atleast a 3:1 for a successfull attack :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom