O

old.Mig

Lo all
I've got a Cambridge FPS 1000.
To use surround wich options i activate in UT:
1- Hardware 3D sound?
2- Surround ...?
3- both ?
btw: to use surround i need EAX rigth? all i have to do is download their library patch and install it?

ta :)

O

old.SUp3rFM

What I get in sound, after turning that crap on, I loose in FPS.

So, the hell with the sound. /me needs FPS (or a new cpu) :)

W

Wij

Well said. I'm happy with SB16. As long as I can tell one sound from another I don't care how poo it sounds :D

Gimme FPS...

O

old.Luap2

Originally posted by Wij
Well said. I'm happy with SB16. As long as I can tell one sound from another I don't care how poo it sounds :D

Gimme FPS...

SB16?

Excuse me for a mo....

Lolololololol and roflmao some more :D

tbh, sb16 was a good card but ... /me lost for words.

W

Wij

SB16 ISA. It does the job. What more would I need ? :)

O

old.RookieWan

True Wij, the SB16 does the trick. Switching on EAX and 3d sound in UT cost me about 30 FPS on a PIII 800 with a V2 SLI.

W

Wij

frames per second is way too important to me. sad eh :)

O

old.MeanMrMustard

I have SB16 PCI, not the top of the end of sound cards but at least i can hear more or less where my enemys are, I am not thinking of upgradeing my sound card since i don't see the point.

O

Ono

I agree. Sound is not really a top-of-the-list thing to consider when buying a PC or playing a game.

Only worth getting a decent system is you watch DVDs on the PC.

O

old.evil-bastard666

I have a AMD K6-2-450 with 128Mb RAM and a SB Live! Player 5.1 and suuround speakers. I turn on 3D hardware and I get slow FPS. I turn on Surround and I get pooey sound. I am an audio freak and I will soon have a new 1.1GHz Athlon. I will be able to turn 3D on. Also as for the Creative Patch, it is 32 odd megs (as opposed to 7) and it slows my computer down like hell, so I uninstalled it till I get my Athlon.

:) :) :)

T

Testin da Cable

hmmm
what's it worth then?
I have a sb live-value in the pc I'm using atm and I use headphones (good ones imho).
The sound rocks.
I expect that if I'd really want some nice surround I'd uplink to my hifi system.

-tdc

O

old.[TDO]Ve7

But don;t forget with EAX/ A3D you can hear exactly where someone is behind you. Still not worth 30 fps tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom