surprisingly ...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
GOA seems to have made a smooth launch with the headstart.

it seems all the trouble with the open beta has actually allowed to GOA to learn enough and tune their system to a degree that it now works smooth.

:clap:

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
But us SE people are still in danger! Worries me registration is at the same time as SE opens. Maybe they will open reg late tonight just to ease the burden. That assumes I'm not the only person who bought it. As GOA are rediscovering competence I will cross my fingers.

<Dam, why didn't I buy CE? But you saved all that money and will be in tomorrow! Dam, why didn't I but CE............>

Hammahead

Fledgling Freddie

it seems all the trouble with the open beta has actually allowed to GOA to learn enough and tune their system to a degree that it now works smooth.

The reason they managed to do a smooth launch is probably because of all the drama.
If people didn't complain EVERYWHERE, so hard infact..higher powers had to be involved to sort GOA out, I think it would have been another DAOC quality-like service.
In other words, crap.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Didnt want to make a new post, so sorry if im hijacking this one, but....

Ive activated all my codes, got my email of confirmation etc. Logged in, made a character and all is well, but i dont have the things that the CE should come with, 12quest/titles, special 2 items etc.

Am i missing somethink with this?

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
They did post that the bonus item codes wouldn't be validated until a bit later so they could ensure smoother operations for ppl validating their CE codes. You should get your in-game items soon. I wanna play but I gotta wait until 9:00am CET :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Hopefully I'll be able to get an hour or 2 in before I have college tomorow:D

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
very smooth launch at HS! but I just crashed, and in joining queue now :(

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm just hoping tomorrow goes as smooth as I'm at work till 15:30 so if it goes belly up I could miss the key page being open. I only say this because you have to realise the number of people with the CE will be alot lower than the number of people with the SE. I'm thinking this could be the very reason they havve done it this way so the CE people get priority.

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think SE launch will be as bad as open beta was. Since its on 9am on a monday, lots of people (like me for example) will be working or in school instead of playing games. Then we will join as soon as we can, which is different for each person. So it wont be the flood of people all at once you get on a sunday.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
yeh but you have to think around the common times for people to finnish work its going to get quite bussy. I hope this does mitigate the the people on the server to stop the errors. but I'm still not holding my breath. also hope there is sevral days past launch on the headstart as that could be sticky if every1 trys to put the full code in on the same day.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
<Dam, why didn't I buy CE? But you saved all that money and will be in tomorrow! Dam, why didn't I but CE............>
Could be worse, you could have paid the extra cash for a CE Pre-Order and been given a SE Headstart key!

Just like me! Awesomeness of the most awesome kind!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt want to make a new post, so sorry if im hijacking this one, but....

Ive activated all my codes, got my email of confirmation etc. Logged in, made a character and all is well, but i dont have the things that the CE should come with, 12quest/titles, special 2 items etc.

Am i missing somethink with this?

If you put in bonus codes items are in your ingame mailbox, the quests etc wont activate til you put in retail key.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Don't kid yourself.

GOA has alot of previous experience with DaoC and is part of France Telecom. Both the OB and CE headstart should have both gone very smoothly. The OB did not go wrong because of technical issues, it went wrong because of management decisions and there is no sign these have changed.

The mess up with the OB highlights the very little effort GOA give to extra features our US counterparts take for granted. I doubt there would have even been a European OB if GOA hadn't been forced to provide it because the CE addition gave access to it.

The communication from GOA has not improved significantly and although there is slightly more information available through Magnus' posts on forums like these I am yet to be convinced that this is a lasting change.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Your definition of smooth is a funny one.

Their flash based site is still awful and little responsive, the help texts are confusing and whenever I enter a @ there is a mystical character appearing in front of it -> lol@example.com <- so I ended up copying and pasting the @.

At least their PHP mailer works now :p.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I've been pleasantly surprised so far by launch, for the head start. We'll see how many masses flock the servers the 18th. But head start was stabilitywise a thumbs up.

Gotta wonder, though, when we get an actual account center with subscription and all that, and realm war page.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
The way i see it they have given all of their resources for the registration so they shut everything else down :p

I am impressed btw with the stability of the server. There is lag but it is playable. The only thing they need to do now in order all of us to smile a bit to them, is to raise the cap limits

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom