Surimi a devils invention.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So this weekend i wanted to buy some crawfish and shrimps for a dinner, went to the store. And for some reason when i picked up theese lovely shrimps i read on the lable. And saw it was not shrimps but surimi made to look like shrimps, checked the crawfish tails next to the shrimps also surimi. Went thru the entire stock the store had, all bloody surimi. Had do go to a fishstore to get some real shrimps. And the funny thing was the fresh shrimps was cheaper than the surimi ones.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
when i buy prawns i never buy precooked so that stuff dun happen to me. I like the smell of fresh raw prawns as well as the taste so its all

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ty, i forgotted i was on the interwebs and after i posted i just googled it...information fail :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It is what they make crab sticks out of.

But those are actually really good mixed with a chili-and rom paste. Almost like a skagen-chili.

Fafnir, i was not aware they made prawns out of that. Which brands are we talking about?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
But those are actually really good mixed with a chili-and rom paste. Almost like a skagen-chili.

Fafnir, i was not aware they made prawns out of that. Which brands are we talking about?
Dont really know the brand on the top of my head, but there was alot of different sorts, of tapas plates, "gambas" in different oils that all where made of surimi. And then you got thoose räksallad, skagen the shops have that contains plenty of Surimi and just a few % of shrimps so they can call it räksallad and skagen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom