Sure you can defend yourself?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...glar-was-in-couples-bedroom-wearing-mask.html# Have a read of this - the bloke is woken by a nutter in his bedroom, defends himself then spends two nights in a police cell, plus a court case to come.

Recently a bloke I know who owns a watch shop got steamed while open, he went into his office grabbed his shotgun and fired into the ceiling. The two robbers scarpered, but my mate spent a long time in the police station - read overnight - and when the people got caught they spent an hour or two being nicked then off they go. My mate is now struggling to keep his licence, and the police are considering prosecuting him for discharging a firearm in a public place.

soze

I am a FH squatter
There are degrees which are not clear here like shooting him as he runs away, or shooting him if he gave up and both rightly illegal. You do need some rules or I could invite you to my house then shoot you in the face and say you broke in. Until all the facts are known it is hard to judge. As for example if his gun safe is in the downstairs closet but he had a loaded shotgun in his bed room that is reason enough to investigate him no?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The first one, no doubt they will not get charged. They have to look at the facts first though.

As for your mate, he should not have a loaded shotgun at arms reach in his office. They will investigate whether he is storing it according to the law...which I have no idea about but would assume the idea is so that you can't just grab it and use it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The first one, no doubt they will not get charged. They have to look at the facts first though.

As for your mate, he should not have a loaded shotgun at arms reach in his office. They will investigate whether he is storing it according to the law...which I have no idea about but would assume the idea is so that you can't just grab it and use it.

Yeah cos that would be the LAST thing you want to do with it ....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Isn't that precisely the point though? They aren't supposed to be used as a defensive weapon.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
So how do you know it wasnt just in his office ready to go shooting, and he loaded it and fired?

(Thats what I would say anyway :p )

Embattle

FH is my second home
The whole thing is just a process that generally is followed in such cases, the outcome is where it will matter.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I don't think it's reasonable to shoot someone with a shotgun and then not expect to spend a bit of time being asked questions by police. Regardless of circumstances.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Maybe his gun safe is in the bedroom? Whatever the facts are, the CPS will have to look at the history of break ins and such. After that I very much doubt it will attempt to proscecute.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If you're going to injure someone, sure, that should be allowed, but if I go round your house for a cup of tea, and I piss you off, if you're in the US, you could shoot me, and say meh, trespassing.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I live not far from Welby where this happened, there's a fair few farmers round here with plenty of cash.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have never met a hard up farmer and there are plenty of farmers round my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom