Supp Runies

D

Dook_Pug

I've been a die-hard Dark Runie for a while, even the thought of being another spec was alien to me until a few days ago. I was beginning to become bored of Darkness, it is a very onetrack spec - Nuke nuke nuke, damage add, nuke nuke, MCL, nuke nuke...etc etc

So I decided to use my respec and go full Suppression and DAMN, I love it.

Sure, I don't nuke for as much as I did with Darkness but in a trade off for 50 less damage per nuke I get 6 sec PBT, 65% nearsight and a snare DD which IMO is far superior to anything Darkness can offer.

I absolutely LOVE the AE snare and the snare on my single target DD means I barely need to 'root and run' on any target anymore.

In conclusion...

Supp > All.

O

old.Hardbein

Supp > All
:clap: :clap:

Dook...well u made a wise desition ;) Been full sup since lvl5 and I cant say I regret it at all (still have my respec available). The combo: endregen, mid tanks, sup runie is ......well u can imagine :D
Beeing 50sup, 20 RC makes me have quite a nice tool-box when doing PvE/RvR, and yes the class is damn fun to play :)

Prudil's Tool-box:
6 sec Pbt
65% Nearsight
100% Confuse w/60% chance of attack ally
DD/AE Snare nuke
GTAoE
Root
Instant debuffs (usefull for interuption/enc'ing foes)

Enjoy ur "new" class :great:

U

ulukin

shhh dont tell everyone ;)

have been wanting to make my supp runie for a very long time now and just recently he hit lvl 40 now I havnt done any RvR with him as yet but can definatly say im enjoying him a whole lot more than the lvl 30 dark specced runie I deleted a long time ago (long before the current dark specced trend) my only gripe atm is I need at least a PoC to keep my 8 sec pbt running and be able to nuke.

Have enjoyed dispelling the myth that you cant do trollkarls in spindel without mez, root>nearsight /cheer also after leveling a rouge to 50 its a great plesure to be wanted by groups :D

yet to meet another supp specced runie on my travels would love to sync bt for a 4 sec bubble or 3 sec after I reach 44 have a feeling that would be very nice.

D

Dook_Pug

Rah!

I almost forgot about GTAoE (Thanks Prudil ^^)/

Damnit, I set up my new quickbar already, have to change it now :D

A

AzuratMinimus

As i allways have said, sup owns all, maybe not dmg wise. But with all the nice tricks in your pockets you don´t need uber damage ;)

P

pamela

pole/spear specced enemies can't even hit you with 6 sec pbt, so you mainly let then miss and do /laugh for about 5 min then kill them or something.

The supp nuke has a 179 dmg dd, with a snareeffect.
The darkness nuke has 219 dmg dd.
supp can come up in the same amount of dmg in rvr anyway due to the cold resistancebuff the enemies have and asthey don't hae energy resistance i would say supp nuke might even be better than dark nuke due to the snare effects also.

O

old.Hardbein

The only downside beeing a SUP-runie....is POWER!!!111 :p

Damn having POM/POC and serenity2 still makes my MCL2 a needed tool after a medium/large fight.

I use totems and potions*(C)(TM) to supply extra power in some situations.....they make the pow-regen much easier.

*Potions supplied by Noita :D (we lub ya)

O

old.Atrox

DOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
go back to darkness you ewul breed!

cant belive you made such a bad choice...
I've lost all faith in you...

now go tell goa that you wanna get back to darkness....

65% ns arent that good anyway, and 6sec pbt are overrated ( as if helps when you get nuked to oblivion anyhow )

sigh.. first a alt sb and now this ? :rolleyes:

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by old.Atrox
DOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
go back to darkness you ewul breed!

cant belive you made such a bad choice...
I've lost all faith in you...

now go tell goa that you wanna get back to darkness....

65% ns arent that good anyway, and 6sec pbt are overrated ( as if helps when you get nuked to oblivion anyhow )

sigh.. first a alt sb and now this ? :rolleyes:

65% nearsight > J00!!11111

S

Sarnat

Bah!

When I started my runie I was pretty much only supp spec one out there (at that time people still considered RC the best spec).

Now that I'm L50, a kazillion other supp RMs have leveled past me *sniff*

But... we still rock!

J

jakobi

Hehe, I _JUST_ dinged 50 with my supp runie, and I think I'm going for the 20 RC as well. I was going for the 47 dark / 26 sup spec, but thankfully I respec'ed at 40. I'm pretty sure I wont regret it :)

W

walknot

Hmm..
It seems to me people get tied up in the 47/26 and 50/20 speccs.
There are other options..
Im running 47rc,24dark,11sup now, my 50% colddebuff from rc line, combined with baseline dark nuke, make me nuke harder then a dark specced runie, AND i've got best bolts. After spellcrafting arrived, everyone will run around with uber ressits, so imho this is the best dmg dealing spec.

It is, however, on the expense of pbt and ns. But pbt at 10sec is mostly worthless in rvr imo. only thing I actually miss is the ns, it seems the ressistance rate is based as much on the lvl of the spell, as on the ressists and lvl of your target, making my ns get ressisted ALL the time. And NS is _THE_ rvr caster-disabler spell, at 65% it renders a caster useless for 2mins, AND it doesnt even have an imunity timer(!!!).

So imho 47rc/24dark/11sup or 50sup/20rc are the only
interresting speccs for a RM.

But that's just me....

O

old.Hardbein

In normal RvR my NS is resisted 1 of 10 casts (prox). That with 50sup spec, using the: 40 Diminish Vision spell.
I cant realy identify myself with your situation...no :(

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by walknot
Hmm..
It seems to me people get tied up in the 47/26 and 50/20 speccs.
There are other options..
Im running 47rc,24dark,11sup now, my 50% colddebuff from rc line, combined with baseline dark nuke, make me nuke harder then a dark specced runie, AND i've got best bolts. After spellcrafting arrived, everyone will run around with uber ressits, so imho this is the best dmg dealing spec.

It is, however, on the expense of pbt and ns. But pbt at 10sec is mostly worthless in rvr imo. only thing I actually miss is the ns, it seems the ressistance rate is based as much on the lvl of the spell, as on the ressists and lvl of your target, making my ns get ressisted ALL the time. And NS is _THE_ rvr caster-disabler spell, at 65% it renders a caster useless for 2mins, AND it doesnt even have an imunity timer(!!!).

So imho 47rc/24dark/11sup or 50sup/20rc are the only
interresting speccs for a RM.

But that's just me....

The lack of a decent nearsight spell in the 'Darkcarving' spec is a letdown for me. I also don't like to have to debuff before I nuke. It's basically a Fire Wizz with speed and an ineffective nearsight.

Having said that, I'd love to have top notch bolts and nice nukes.

Users who are viewing this thread