TV Supernatural Season 8 finale(Spoilers)

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Dat finale.

Wow. I knew they were gonna punk out when they mentioned that Sam would die if he closed the Gates of Hell.

But it was frustrating all the same - they build up to it the WHOLE season, adn I just knew it when Castiel was talked to by Naomi that Dean would not allow Sam to do it. I kept hoping Sam would just DO it anyways, but noooooooooo.

Then with Castiel, I knew something was up the second the "Angel Trial" involved killing a innocent person that something was very wrong...so they kinda gave it away.

The second I saw "Clip show" I knew the Episode would involve killing everyone the Winchesters had ever saved. Still, it was a good episode.

Crowley's break down while talking about HBO, showing himself becoming more human - was very interesting though...I hope they continue that avenue and don't just throw it away with the trials being over.

As for the "Angel Fall" event, I'm curious, it seems they are stripped of all their powers and made human, but I can't be sure.

I could see this being an awesome way to rebuild the Hunter Society / Men of Words after they got destroyed...several seasons ago...this could be a way to buff it back up. I mean no way are Angels going to get day jobs. They are definitely going to become Hunters.

I thought Metatron's line about "When you come to Heaven, find me and tell me your story", was incredible, and fit with his voice and facial expression, as well as with the plot. I was quite happy.

About the only thing I didn't like is how we once again got jipped with no conclusion about plot arcs. I realize they've said they can "See the show having 10 seasons", but I would not have minded at least one plot thread finishing up.

I know the show has been steadily going downhill since Season 7 started(Though the start of Season 7, was awesome), but I think Season 9 may be the best we've seen since Season 5.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Obviously Sam wasn't going to complete it, it would kill off one of the shows most interesting characters (Crowley), I won't mention Sam dying as death has lost its meaning when it involves Sam or Dean.

The metatron betrayal though I never saw coming so it will be interesting to see how season 9 pans out.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
I know, I like Crowley, but honestly, he's been behind so many plots for the past few seasons, he is getting old.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There were tw choices; the show continues, or the show is done.

This is the "show continues" scenario, where sam dying, gates closing yadadaa is the show cancelled scenario.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Show lost it's charm and finesse when Eric Kripke disbanded.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I thought it's been going downhill(a bit) when Jim Beaver left(not counting the few pop-ins and ghost stuff).

No show is good without beaver :(

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Also, they rarely show the Impala anymore at all. Dean & Sam have no random hook ups at bars anymore, and Dean ragging on Castiel makes little sense given his whole "We're family" speech.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Exactly. Those little quirks they had going. The small things. Bring back Kripke for season 9! Would be the greatest thing since i don't know.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Kripke said he's moved on. In his mind, the show ended @ Season 5...and honestly it could have. Though I am glad it didn't. Castiel as God...was pretty awesome. Levithans didn't really end up being all that badass though. Like they played them out to be...but ended up being just another monster of the week almost.

We've had some good stuff, but yeah - the show has lost alot of charm since Kripke left. The whole "Don't kill yourself Sam" bit makes no sense, given Season 5's ending where Dean is like "Ok, to stop Lucifer, kill yourself", but to CLOSE THE GATES OF HELL? "No, don't do it!"

Dean guilt tripping Sam didn't make alot of sense either this season...seemed...thrown in, honestly...just to fill up some time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What they need to get rid of is the "you no trusty" "No YOU no trusty!" "I is brother" "No i is leaving" crap and get back to what it's supposed to be; hunting monsters and taking names.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Agreed!

First Season was hunting monsters and such, was awesome! They've drifted! It sucks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Soon as they started with the Angel crap it ruined the show, stopped watching it then.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Wouldn't say it got ruined. IF you stopped watching, you missed alot of good stuff. Season 4 & 5 were some of the best. Sure Seasons 1 & 2 are kinda the pinnacle, but yeah.

Castiel only gets better, as the series goes on.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
meh still not watched season 7 yet. but am pissed the impala is there any more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom