Superior hib/mid tactics

O

old.Nol

We released returned ran into a group of hibs and got insta stunned from a mile away then mezzed by a bard

insta stunned? What Hib class has insta stun?

O

old.Wildfire

I would LOVE to see loads of people in sauvage. You make a good point of the terrain breaking up zergs... maybe MYTHIC SHOULD READ THIS POST AND NOTE A GOOD IDEA ...maybe not.

With all the hills and trees and fog and stuff its really good fun compared to emain with its ... well, space. Also there aren't aggro mobs in sauvage. Granted you have to go through the pennines which is aggro hell unless you know the right routes, but sauvage is just great :) have had some very good hide & seek sessions with both hibs and mids there recently ...speaking of which, three days ago FC were having skirmishes with 1-2fg of mids in sauvage, plus 1-2fg of wuren's lot. /cheer to all of you, was great fun that :) you got us ...twice! grr, but we came back (albeit later without me :() and bashed you, filthy hibs!

edit: hibs and mids have been uber-zergy in emain recently actually, hence FC not being there much

K

kinadold

You sneak onto a group of hibs using superior tactics, mezz
them all, and then they use group purge and fire insta ae mezz (next patch). Enough said :)

E

Ensceptifica

All realms like to zerg, but albs have the biggest zerg coz they have the most people. Hence everyone calls them 'the zerg'. Encountering 70/80 hibs in Emain would be a miracle. Even if there are more than 50 there, it's usually 1 or 2 fg's actually looking for 8v8 action, while the rest camp amg until they get sandwiched by mids and albs. Only time we beat alb zerg is when those loose fg's get to amg too for a second and charge out with the rest.

I'm not complaining, just straightening out some things ( ; Usually when hibs charge the albs at amg, Hibs win even when albs have twice the people, coz albs don't seem to work together and half of them flees back to apk when they see a hib charge. And when hibs have pushed em back enough, they go back to amg 1 by 1 and get killed by mids, and then the dead hibs can watch the returned albs fight the mids. Whenever I'm at amg, that's what happens. Naturally, I don't go there that often anymore ( ;

O

old.Anarki

Mincers got the GIMPEST mez in game, 3 sec cast time !NOT! affeted by dex. So we cant do sh1t against a FG.
Even when albs got a sorc, we see mids come near, healer pushes win button...errr i meant insta mez button.....and its over.
Ok we are lucky sorc landed QC AE mez, then Healer pushes purge button, and wi.....insta mez button, and its over.
Hibs scenario, yes sorc lands AE mez, all is fine, then dr00d pushes his win....omg whats wrong today....group purge button, and 4-5 tanks are spanking the sorc.....and ye meanwhile bards lands a nice QUICK, affected by dex AE mez, and its over...
So.....no freckin way out :p
Oh yeah bards gona get INSTA Ae mez.
Mincers gona get 5 sec cast time AE mez with 150 radius, NOT affected by dex, its like the fight will be over b4 i'll finish my mez song o_O

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
All realms like to zerg, but albs have the biggest zerg coz they have the most people. Hence everyone calls them 'the zerg'. Encountering 70/80 hibs in Emain would be a miracle. Even if there are more than 50 there, it's usually 1 or 2 fg's actually looking for 8v8 action, while the rest camp amg until they get sandwiched by mids and albs. Only time we beat alb zerg is when those loose fg's get to amg too for a second and charge out with the rest.

I'm not complaining, just straightening out some things ( ; Usually when hibs charge the albs at amg, Hibs win even when albs have twice the people, coz albs don't seem to work together and half of them flees back to apk when they see a hib charge. And when hibs have pushed em back enough, they go back to amg 1 by 1 and get killed by mids, and then the dead hibs can watch the returned albs fight the mids. Whenever I'm at amg, that's what happens. Naturally, I don't go there that often anymore ( ;

LOL I would see you try and get close to 20-30 nukers...

O

old.Nol

ye meanwhile bards lands a nice QUICK, affected by dex AE mez, and its over...
So.....no freckin way out :p

at the same time the bard is cussing about his useless point expenditure in empathy when he created his char, if he knew there was a bigger dex requirement he would have rather spent the points there...

P

PJS

Originally posted by old.Anarki
Even when albs got a sorc, we see mids come near, healer pushes win button...errr i meant insta mez button.....and its over.

Minstrel sees healer coming and presses his wi.. insta stun/mez button first? all over for mids
You all mezzed, Sorc presses his purge and then qc aoe mez and then its everyone mezzed? Most purges up/ better organised side wins

PS. Anyone running in a frontier fg /stick'ed to someone deserves to die. AoE cc is a lot less effective if YOU DONT ALL STAND IN A NICE CLUMP TO MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Khalen

LOL I would see you try and get close to 20-30 nukers...
I usually get mezzed before I can get close to an Alb nuker.

And 20-30 nuking Hibs in Emain? Have you ever been to Emain? There's usually not even 20-30 Hibs there, let alone nuking Hibs.

A

Arthwyr

Kinda launched this toppic to determine who is smart enough to just make the right conclusion after looking at the data gathered on ALL the daoc servers. Thx for the input.

O

old.Nol

pretty smart to collate incorrect data because you overlooked the fact that USA is playing on a different patch number :D

Gee Willy's am I feeling stupid now...anyone feel like comparing pre nerf smite cleric to the current batch...anyone?

N

Novamir

looking at US data is stupid and pointless with regards to our server for the following reasons:

- they are on a different patch (duh?)
- they have pvp, hence players are distributed differently.
- long time players are on different realm/server from when they started, but on excal we pretty much still on our mains(main server) due to being later.

look at data for euro servers, or more specifically excal and pryd. kinda strange how SoTL went alb pryd, and they don't moan anything like the albs we got.

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Novamir
looking at US data is stupid and pointless with regards to our server for the following reasons:

- they are on a different patch (duh?)
- they have pvp, hence players are distributed differently.
- long time players are on different realm/server from when they started, but on excal we pretty much still on our mains(main server) due to being later.

look at data for euro servers, or more specifically excal and pryd. kinda strange how SoTL went alb pryd, and they don't moan anything like the albs we got.

That's because prydwen has low nr of hibs and Mids are the easiest enemies for albs. Maybe you should play the game again and start looking in emain because it's utter crap the way it is!

A

Arthwyr

Novamir is your stupidity a recent development or were you born that way. Most of the realmpoints in those statistics (even the us ones) are made during the unnerfed cleric days. Not that you have to take it into account since albion has no smiters left anyhow. Soon as we get to enjoy the patch too the stats for albs will probably deteriate even more. But I'm afraid that there won't be much to base the stats on since the arrival of pvp will probably turn albion into a ghost realm as far as RvR goes. The albs retiring from the game alltogether or reroling on hib/mids are at an alltime high and I know for a fact many are just sticking around for pvp. Thats not a whine btw its an observation.

K

kinadold

A few years ago i played UT in a very decent clan. Often we ganked our opponents pretty bad, an after such a beating
they would newer play us again, unless forced by a tournament.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but if the last is mostly
true well ....

Hope people who still enjoys this game understand :)

O

old.Filip

Last nigth 1 Fg mids took rensais and other keeps back again...
we assembled some forces to take the keep back when we came to Ren. we had 3+ FG's
I was in a group with pure casters! .. infact 2 sorcs was in group..
What later made me log to play Mid Prywden was that there was only 1 tank! .. yes only 1 !!! (Kcininmodus) out of 3 Fg's

so when we had to beat on the door we had 2 minstrel's+ 2 clr's 1 fatass Cabby pet + 2 sorc pets.....

it was impossible to get any tanks....

In HB we have 5 50 lvl tanks who stopped playing

Huma,Aikmore,Taunter,Ironstone,Conta...

They either entierly stopped or play an alt....

my bet is the realm will end as a ghost realm for RvR

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Arthwyr
Novamir is your stupidity a recent development or were you born that way. Most of the realmpoints in those statistics (even the us ones) are made during the unnerfed cleric days. Not that you have to take it into account since albion has no smiters left anyhow. Soon as we get to enjoy the patch too the stats for albs will probably deteriate even more. But I'm afraid that there won't be much to base the stats on since the arrival of pvp will probably turn albion into a ghost realm as far as RvR goes. The albs retiring from the game alltogether or reroling on hib/mids are at an alltime high and I know for a fact many are just sticking around for pvp. Thats not a whine btw its an observation.

:confused: :confused:

wow how can you continue spouting crap :)

"Most of the realmpoints in those statistics (even the us ones) are made during the unnerfed cleric days"

hey cool, that's a really scientific observation, completely backing up your insightful comments. 'Most' gives us an accurate idea of the full picture.

(nb. that was sarcasm!!)

albion has no smiters left? on euro or US? you cannot lump the two together if you want to be accurate. just whining with some random statistics doesn't constitute fact, or even a good argument.

"Soon as we get to enjoy the patch too the stats for albs will probably deteriate even more"

hmm? do you mean euro or US albs? do be specific. what's your evidence that albs on euro have deteriorated? what's your evidence that albs will deteriorate more than the other realms after the patch? what do you mean by deteriorate?

"The albs retiring from the game alltogether or reroling on hib/mids are at an alltime high and I know for a fact many are just sticking around for pvp."

ah, another 'fact'. well at least it's crystal clear for you in your world, Arthwyr. for me it just looks like another whinge post with pathetic evidence that i have come to expect from you.

and khalen, what exactly do you mean? you know those uber mids you complain about, with their win buttons and insta kills? they outnumber albs on prdywen with BOTH overall % population (37% to 36%) AND level 50s (43% to 38%). Hibernia is far behind the other two. ( http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/generalstats.php?server=Prydwen&realm= ) I think the albs that whine should take some tips off SoTL.

on excalibur its 46% (!) total alb population, 26% hibs and 27% mids. the level 50s population however is much more even but albs still ahead by a few %. from looking at these stats what can we see? theres MORE easy albs to kill in rvr that hibs and mids. more albs go to emain with bad rvr groups. theres loads of easy albs for the rest of us to kill, and it's probably similar in the USA servers. So basically the best thing would be for your population to "deteriorate", coz then you might stop giving out free realm points.

E

elerand

Back when we used to get owned by albion/midgard we whined, now hibs are paying attention, working together and we are actually rolling out lvl 50's almsot every day...they whine.

Simple truths are we whinge about CC as much as anyone else, yes we zerg but 5+fgs of albs is a tempting target ;)

Look at odin's gate these days, the reason more people are gathering there? Emain is too crowded :p

Here is something else, (reminds me of the english complaining about the zulus using guerilla tactics, how unsporting of them) should we just let you through the gates hmmm? Or are we so fed up with you people daring to set foot in our realm we will happily murder you again and again till you go back :p

Hibs are listening, it's starting to pay off ;)

E

elerand

Originally posted by Arthwyr
Most of the realmpoints in those statistics (even the us ones) are made during the unnerfed cleric days. Not that you have to take it into account since albion has no smiters left anyhow. Soon as we get to enjoy the patch too the stats for albs will probably deteriate even more. But I'm afraid that there won't be much to base the stats on since the arrival of pvp will probably turn albion into a ghost realm as far as RvR goes. The albs retiring from the game alltogether or reroling on hib/mids are at an alltime high and I know for a fact many are just sticking around for pvp. Thats not a whine btw its an observation.

Hmmm, we haven't even got the patch and the whinings started already, don't worry the shoe might be on the other foot for a while (be interesting to see if we can get all relics :p) soon enough, look at all the poor voidies moaning cos their spec is considered gimped (although I like em ;) ).
The best thing mythic can do imo is to balance gameplay with as little reference to opinion as possible, make the classes as they are meant to be and balance that out with all the other classes.

I'm not about to beat a mage at range, not complaining, that's what they do and I wouldn't demand they get nerfed, used to get oneshotted by scouts, I don't whine about them either, they have enough to deal with if they get caught pants down.

Some well thought out changes in the game without resorting to listening to every whiner screaming nerf would make a difference.

O

old.Wildfire

ppl are going to respec away from void? GOOD! bloody gfx are a pain in the arse in rvr :(

N

Novamir

aoe is the single most irritating thing in keepraids! the first time someone casts aoe on 20+ peeps i completely lock up for 10 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread