Summons

O

old.Adrira

Anybody tried summoner so far? Read about abit and it seems that Dragoons Wyvern outdamages Summons at most times, and that no other summons are really available until L60 (Elementals excluded).

However, the rumour goes that by next update Fenrir will be added (Darkness summon). He's to have a triple attack amongst other abilities and of course darkness attacks.
Picture of him here:
fenrir.jpg

And hopefully he will be available for lower level Summoners.

Has anybody tried playing a Summoner though? And when comparing it with other classes viability, include cool factor. Nothing as stunning as watching a Summoner run around with Ramuh, and such. :)
By the way, the info about Fenrir and such is taken from this very informative site:
Killing Ifrit
Under Summoner Magic there is also a thumbnail picture of him.

C

Cronn

I don't know much about SMN, but I would like to say that Carbuncle is as cute as a button :)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Cronn
I don't know much about SMN, but I would like to say that Carbuncle is as cute as a button :)
A very cute button in that case :)

J

Jaxal

i think garnet and a few others in aurora play summoner, ask them :p

fenrir looks v cool btw :)

C

Cush

Im a summoner. But playing summoner with the carbuncle as only pet wont work so great. Should get another char to 60+ first then fight the avatars to gain them. Only way to get a group as a summoner is pretty much having whm as sub and acting secondary healer. And i highly dubt that the new summoning will be avalible at lower levels. The first avatar you can get is at 40(battle fielde restricted to 40 when figthing him) i think then upwards.

What server are you playing at Adrira?

O

old.Adrira

Thanks a bunch for the nice information.
I'll consider doing it that way then. :)
Or i could just stick to my thief, but change is always good. ;)

And i'm on Bismarck.

O

old.Adrira

Rhyna, mithran Thief.
Only level 11 at the moment though, been far too busy with other things.
Thinking of switching to Hume WHM though. :)

S

Solid

OOh Hey Adrira, been ages since I last saw ya :D

good to see yet more familiar faces on Bismarck :D

Will look out for ya :D

D

denser

I know Fenrir was an easter egg in beta, it would be great if it was ported over to retail :)

M

moona

im a lv 10 Sum/5blm :)

yeayea some of you will think now he subbed the wrong job ( evryone say WHM) ,well it works great :)

Users who are viewing this thread