Summer holidays when you were a kid...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I can remember one holiday in Cornwall (there was only one). I was there with my cousin Simon, two other kids ( I forget the names), his ma and her boyfriend. I remember digging an awesome big hole in the beach, cutting my hand badly on a big rock us kids were playing about with (which for some reason was also awesome: there was blood coolness, and scabs later and I'm a boy so go figure), being forced to eat a marmite sarnie after I'd winged about it forever since I thought it was choccy paste having never heard of marmite before in my life, but mostly I remember it being cold as it was English summer and I grew up in the tropics. Any temperature below 23C is freezing as far as I'm concerned :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
didnt go abroad till i was 16 every year used to be a week in mablethorpe or ingemells (or however you spell em). plus day trips to places like scarborough cleethorpes matlock etc. summer hols were always fun but then again i was always quite happy just pissin about with ma friends with my toy cars :D

from what i remember i had a blast it didnt even occur to me to go abroad but mebbe thas cos we werent well off so it was never a possibility.

you can have a good time in england you dont need to rush off abroad plenty of places in the uk for a family to go to.

Gray

FH is my second home
I used to love our holidays as a family. Would be me, mum, dad and my nephew whom was a month younger than me.

My dad being a tanker driver, would take us to various places during the summer holidays. Scotland, Wales, Torquay etc.

By far the best place i have ever visited on our holidays though was Newquay down in Cornwall. It was quite lucky as i seem to remember a few Dolphins passing by around that time [Unless it was that Great White! ;)].

Our last holiday though was about 10 years ago, i really missed those holidays. I never had [Still not] the priviledge of going abroad, but i hope to one day do so, or at least be in a plane.

Newquay though, at the time felt like a paradise. It was beautiful and the weather was corker. This was before everyone else thankfully knew about it, as you hear about Newquay all the time now with its bustling nightlife etc, so quite lucky that i got to experience it before the influx of the troublemakers.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
you can get cheap holidays for a week or so gray, in another country. nice places that is.

go on your own if needs be, nothing wrong with it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We went away for 2 weeks in the summer when we were kids, a few times to spain, and also to cornwall and devon, but my memory of summer holidays was going out with my mates and just having a laugh, and i also think that days away to the beech or park spread over the 6 weeks is far more exciting to a 6 year old than cramming it in for 2 weeks and then you not being able to afford to do anything else when you get home

Yeh, 6 weeks holiday at the Lido every year was great :) Then dossing at night by the river having more fun. Ah those were the days!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Summer holidays we used to go away as a family to any random coastal resort in Britain, I remember quite a few trips to Wales, a few to Devon. All Butlins style places, staying in chalets and us kids doing the activities with the other kids there. Did not go abroad till I was 13, and that was with school.

Apart from the week or two away with the family, my sister and I used to be herded off to my nan and grandad for a couple of weeks as well, to give our parents some much needed rest.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
was either black pool or the yorkshire dales for us in a remote rented cottage. loved the dales used to trek up this cliff near by and watch RAF copters doing manuerving etc

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I never had a holiday as a kid,

Once when i was about 11 or 12 i went to cornwall with my auntie, my cousin hada wank and wiped his cum on my pillow.

It was not a great holiday tbh.

Although in the car on the way back i wound him up so much he kicked off and my uncle dragged him out the car and gave him a good hiding.

Awww summer, isn't it great.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
went to france when i was 7 camping, went to Italy when i was 13, went to Canada on a tour thing when i was 15 and other than that have been round to Buxton, Cornwall, Bakewell, Cotwolds and Silverstone twice (for the GP). Personally Canada and Italy were my favourite holidays but not because they were abroad and Silverstone was amazing.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Ah summer holidays, i remember them well, let out in the yard gazing up at the sun, it looked so much nicer than thru the bacement window. happy days

Tilda

I am not taking us all on holiday abroad this year as we are 5 and it costs a fortune for anything decent. Also it is not really a holiday as the twins are 3 and a nightmare (and the all prep/ flight with screaming kids would kill me off).

Am I cruel to think that you can still have a 'good summer holidays' with day trips, beach, parks etc here?

Just feelin a bit guilty that when my 6 year old returns to school and is asked what she did over the summer she will feel bad that she didnt have a 'family holiday' in Barbados like the rest of them (ffs)

What do you remember about your summer school holidays as a kid? Were you scarred for life by not going abroad?
We went camping a lot when we were kids.
It was great fun, we'd go to fun stuff near the campsite, go on walks, out on trips to the beach etc. Really good fun and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom