Summ SM questions

illu

Part of the furniture
Hi all

Just a few questions about good farming practices.
I'm starting to get the hang of tackling multiple mobs and moving the SM to where I want in rooms. Time to take it to the next level though.

Apparently people use the level 1 Summoned pet - is this good practice? I take it it is because nothing stops mobs hitting the pet, therefore the focus gives maximum damage, and trying it last night, it seemed very good. Good practice? or are the other summoned pets better?

Where to put the RA points? I read today that ML9 summon ability is in fact Jugger2 but on a 5 min basis. So, to make the "ultimate" farming SM, are you looking at having:
ML9+25% duration, then Jugger3 (+25%?)
or is Jugg3 too much?

I imagine all of these are useful for Summ SM's - what order would you pick them in?
Acuity1-5
Jugg1-3
MCL1-3
Raging Power1-3
Wild Minion1-5
Etheral Bond1-5
Serenity1-5

I also read somewhere that if you use jugg2, then as it runs out pop ml9, your pet is actually slightly higher in level for the ml9 duration time - is this true?

Is there an easy route to Hurika (sp?) the TG Mob that drops the Ice-Shadow Jerkin? And is it possible to do with 1 Summ SM and a fop bot? What kind of time will it take to get to the mob and kill it?

What do you do between the times that ml9 is not up? Do you just heal a bit more and hope not to get aggro?

What is the best thing that you have focused with the least people?
In my small SM lifetime, I've managed RoD with 1 Summ SM+Fopbot (7 tries before successful), I did Ceremonial Bracers Dreadnought with Fopbot too (I was dead chuffed :> Had Jugg2 by then.)

Enough questions for the moment :>

Oli - Illu

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
About Hurika .... back in the early SI days we used to focus her with 1 sm + 2-3 seers healing, it was a bit of a challenge but quite doable then , so should be NP at all nowadays.

When you have cleared out Issorden and all his mini-skels, climb up with your bot and bolt Hurika, jump down and be prepared to sick yer spirit on the bird.

It takes a fair amout of time to get to her as you need to clear out Issorden and all stuff upto it.

Considering that tinctures are starting to drop more commonly as of 1.84, the way there should be rewarding as well though ;o)

About power usage .... as far as I have heard it is sufficient to have 75% power bonus and MCL3 to never run out of power.

Lothoras

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
I also read somewhere that if you use jugg2, then as it runs out pop ml9, your pet is actually slightly higher in level for the ml9 duration time - is this true?

Yeah, i think that is true.
On my summ sm i have 74% power pool, 25% spell duration. mcl2, jugg2 and i think serenity1. I use different pet for which mob i kill. for example if u fight pure melee mobs, lvl 1 pet is ok i think. but a caster mob, say battler, can do a spell for say 15%, and then almost instantly melee a double swing for 50%.. thats quite a lot cus u dont want to heal too much. but if u have the pet with bladeturn, u might not have the same bad luck ;p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
In short with ml9 and a fop shaman you can kill everything in tg apart from certain bosses getting to hurika is easy as can be.. you can get to hurika with a warrior and shaman :p and when i farm the only ra's i bother getting for my sm is jugger 2/mcl2 and wild minion don't need anything else if you've got artis with power charges on and wild minion is always nice when you have your pet up in ml9 :p and finally use spirit campion when you focus pull i used to use the first pet and it took a hell of a beating spirit champion is so much easier to keep up with healing + fs hits them just as hard... some mobs in tg heal from cold procs however.. so you 100% need to use the lvl 1 pet for them ^^

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Hi all
Just a few questions about good farming practices.

1. First of all: get a template with atleast 50% powerpool in it, (ofc 75% is nifty but it really isnt necessary if you are rr3-4 on your sm) and jacinas sash + cl/tartaros. (good items: GoV shawl (cloak) drop, ring of calm, nimbus strand, epic sleeves, and prolly some other epic parts (they give powerpool + powcap in loads), and lastly some items that give buffbonus (stardrop) and if you want to be leet some duration.

2. ml9 convoker ofc
3. Rvr so you have about rr3-4
4. Buy: Mcl2 (well thats the most important one rest is mostly gravy but not really needed much), Jugge 1-2 (2 if you are rr4+)(Juggernaugt is for the 3.5 minutes you cant use ML9 (jugge works for 2 minutes so shortens that time to 1.5 minutes), Wild Minion 1-2, And if you are really leet you can always get Raging power 1-3 but thats mostly for show, and voila you are done.
5. Go out and focus them biggies...if its a mob that hits hard use: lvl 1 pet, if its alot of small mobs or a mob that doesnt hit hard use champion. (last pet)(point here beeing: the mob takes more damage the more damage your pet takes. The problem with small mobs is that your ml9 will wack them to death before the damage shield does much good)
6. Also have the 2 minute timer damage shield on the qb just incase its a mob that nukes you alot and interrupts your focus shield.
7. Have your concentration bar visable, that way you easily see when your focus shield is interrupted or ends. (Remember if you are killing multiple mobs, dont have one of them targetted when it dies, that will break your focus since the game apparently thinks you are done)
8. Have your baseline nuke up and ready when doing stuff, its often easier to end with taking the last 30% of even big mobs like fireisland mobs with your cold nuke since almost everything in TOA is extremly sencitive to cold.

And ofc always have your summsm petbuffs on the pet too...

There you go enjoy you focuspulling mate!:)

/Charmangle

ps. It never hurts to carry around a barrel of powerpots either!:) ds.

What can be focused ? Hmm...ML5.10 2 summsm + bots, Zoarkath 2 summsm + bots, Nelos (ml9 feather wrap) solo mob, 2.10 runihura Solo, GoV solo, Foppish sleeves etc etc. (Dont know TG enough to say what is focusable there, but then again you get that answere above!:)

illu

Part of the furniture
Great info!

Any more tips / tricks / advice?

Oli - Illu

Eyres

Banned
a rr5+ aug healer as a bot is more important than anything else for TG really because of the rr5 ability so when you wipe you can ress yourself.... and obviously celerity

illu

Part of the furniture
Eyres said:
a rr5+ aug healer as a bot is more important than anything else for TG really because of the rr5 ability so when you wipe you can ress yourself.... and obviously celerity

I heard about this actually - do a lot of people group an aug bot to help with their farming? Is the celerity and haste buff better than what the summ sm can give the pet?
Do fights go a lot quicker with perma-celerity?

Oli - Illu

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Atm I run around with an auger. Overall its better, because healers get better RA and healing. The celerity is ace on ml9 pets, but most encounters you do will be 90%+ dmg dealt by shield, so thats not really the deciding factor.

About the pets, I tend to use the lvl 12'ish one. Seems to have more life, but doesnt have the defense to stop mobs from hitting it.

Also I learned to use yellow focus shield when I was lower RR. And on most stuff it really doesnt hit for less. (this way you can get a spec thats still ok'ish in rvr as well) But thats a choice.

Eyres

Banned
illu said:
I heard about this actually - do a lot of people group an aug bot to help with their farming? Is the celerity and haste buff better than what the summ sm can give the pet?

Oli - Illu

well if you got star drop on SM you can do specs with rm.... if the aug healer is RVR spec then the haste will be the same so just use the healer one... but with celerity it rocks... i have an invite macro to invite the healer after ive solo pulled with the SM, (tip: do realm castabale damage shield on pet if pulling without ml9 and run away and send pet when u think it wont get aggro from anything else so when the mob hits the pet the aggro will transfer..... and have brittle guards up for pathing ect.... also beware of call for helps and roaming mobs.... tg is not a nice place to be but when you have been on a few runs and master it... it can be nice) also a healer can get PR, BoF etc which is really nice and bof does help the pet..... where as sham just offers buffs and heals.... once you have been to TG with aug healer you will just know its worth it if only for the rr5

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
i can give you a hand with my aug healer anytime you like illu, only 4L3 atm tho but getting there:p

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:

All u need for TG is me!!!!!!!

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Oli - Illu

If u want to go thru a big cave like TG yeah on the normal mobs it goes way faster. And on bosses i would guess u get 15-25% faster kill speed depending on wich.:) If u ever need advice on TG u can pm me for info.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
5. Go out and focus them biggies...if its a mob that hits hard use: lvl 1 pet, if its alot of small mobs or a mob that doesnt hit hard use champion. (last pet)(point here beeing: the mob takes more damage the more damage your pet takes. The problem with small mobs is that your ml9 will wack them to death before the damage shield does much good)
That is incorrect mate! The dmg returned to the mob is determent by his swing speed. If the mob has slow swing speed, he will ofc do more dmg to your pet and in return the dmg shield will do more damage to the mob. Try focusing Raging Tornado (Wind of arms) and you'll see that the tornado probebly have the fastest swingspeed in the game and also duel wielding. He attacks my pet for ~20 dmg per swing, and the damage returned is much lower then vs normal epic mobs...
And when fighting you are fighting "small" mobs as you put it: don't use ML9 - svae it for the big boys! :p

To Illu:

My SM have 74% powerpool, 25% spell duration, MCL2, RP2, Jacinas Sash, Tartaros Gift and Barrel of Power. I havn't fought and run out of power on any of the mobs i tried, and i've tried pretty much everyone there is (except ML10 ofc) :p

Jugger level 1 will add 10 levels to your pet. Level 2 20 levels and Level 3 30 levels (doh). However, there is a hard cap on you pet which can't be crossed, and that is Level 70. You SM pet is level 44 (at level 50). With jugger 2 you will end up a level 64 pet. With level 3, you'll break level 70 by 4 points. So ask yourself, is 6 extra levels worth 15 of your spec points?

Convoker ML9 is Jugger 2 on 5 min timer instead of 1 min. They don't stack with each other (as far as i know unless they've changed it).

Most SM farmers use their first pet when farming, simply becuase the level 1 pet (with cloth armor gfx) doesn't parry or proc BT. So the mob will hit every swing, instead of striking a BT or get parryed which is a bad think when focusing stuff. The abs between best pet and level 1 is the same. It's only the gfx that separets them (and procs).

The real problem isn't if your mob is too level or if you will go out of power. The real trick to learn is HOW to kill the mob, without getting aggro on your seer/s. Once you masters this, you can do anything...

Don't hesitate to ask if there's something else you want to know!

- RoxStar

illu

Part of the furniture
All lovely info! :>

This is the thing I need to learn how to kill and this is the lovely prize :> Is it a 100% drop or I think I read 25% drop? :(

Hurika
Level: 85
Type: griffon Mid SI
Tuscaran Glacier: 45k, 31k Hurika is a high-level monster in Tuscaren Glacier in Delling Crater. According to player reports, which we haven't verified, he doesn't always drop remains when he dies.

Hurika
Realm: Midgard
Type: Humanoid
Gives Master Level Exp

Minimum Level: 85
Maximum Level: 85
Known Habitats:
Tuscaren Glacier
Known Loot:
Hurika's Quill
Hurika's Remains
Hurika's Shadowed Eye
Ice-shadow Jerkin
Runed Tuscarian Vest
Soul Scarred Leggings
Soul-scarred Vest
Tuscarian Cloak

Ice-shadow Jerkin
Realm: Midgard
Slot: Torso
Required
Requires Skill: Armor: Leather
Requires Class: Shadowblade
Armor Factor: 102
Armor Absorb: 10
Magical Bonuses:
Strength: 21 pts
Constitution: 27 pts
Envenom: +3 pts
ALL Primary Melee Skills: +3
Magical Ability:
Function: Heal
Value: 180
Target: Self
Cast Time: 3.00 sec

Armor Modifiers:
Base Factor: 102
Clamped Factor: 100
Absorption: 10%
Quality: 100%
Condition: 100%

Starting Condition: 100%
Starting Duration: 100%
Default Bonus: 35%
Quality: 100%
Weight: 4.00 lbs
Utility: 62.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level to Attain: 49
Levels of Use: 49 - 50
Level Req: 49
Rarity: Common
Last Updated: Aug 5 09:38:06 2004

--------------------------------------------------------

And I think these are the things that need to be killed on the way o_O

It looks like I can run from the entrance to the spine room (killing mobs on the way) and do a left and then go to the griffon aviary room. I take it as there are 3 mobs in here - do I need to kill 3? Or can I kill just Hurika?
It sounds like I have to kill Isso and here is a recommended method - sound ok?

ISSO
(Bragii’s Method)
Best for small groups with pet focus shields.
As you enter the room, drop off bridge and hug wall, If you are at 100% health you will land with 1 hp left, Don’t hit wall on the way down! Med up, clear room of skels, watch for buggy skels who wont allow themselves to be pulled. Leave the rooted ones and clear what you can. Sometimes the skels will break root and come when the puller gets too close, but usually leave them for last.
when Isso is up, have out of group puller aggro him, run up to rim of disc he is on and send pet as usual. Now it will take a few full power bars of mana to kill him,or you can alternate 2 summon sm's< send new pet as isso stays rooted to spot, and once other pet is on isso pull original pet back and med til other sm goes SEND!>,takes 2 rests for the 2 sm's and alot of power pots and mana RA's on a single sm. I break shield and apply a pot at 65-75 power ,and apply pots til even the pots cant get me over 25 power,i rest up and use pots til I hit 90-100 power, healers are all just keeping pet up as I rest, I get up send pet again, using the power pots again as I can<60 second timer> usually that is enough or I might to rest a little bit to close him out. he drops 4-5 items usually.

TORST and HURIKA

(Dabokel2’s Method)

Torst and Hurika are the griffon's above Isso's room. Best tactic for these birds is to completely ignore them. They are simply not worth the time or effort to take them down. If you have 60 people, and absolutely have to kill 1, get ready for at least a 45 minute fight. To pull one of these (once again, let me say you are wasting an AMAZING amount of time to kill one and their unique loot is horrible), group your shaman puller. Have him climb the wall to the left of the entrance to Forn's room and have him veer right as he is climbing to get to the highest griffon perch. Once there, target either Torst or Hurika and cast a bolt when they are close enough. Jump. Make sure you clear the lip of the ledxge because if you take dmg before you splat on bottom you'll die. If you manage to splat on bottom with full life, you'll be down to 1 hp. Have a healer cast a heal on you. The fight is now on. The named griffon will kill everyone in the shaman's group so you'll be able to attack him now. 45+ minutes later when you have proved a point and wasted a huge amount of time, remember, Dabokel told you so.

(Bragii’s Method)

All you need is an out of group puller, Puller is out on the platform you fight them on, SM (focus) gets pet out there and makes pet stay, comes back to spot by wall out of Hurika-flinging range (Hurika can throw most toons) puller gets him and dies, pet grabs aggro and goes to work....all you need is a lot of pots and about 2 groups worth of healers, any time we have a 2 sm groups going, we hit and kill hurika,1 sm and all the healers keep him up,other sm just watches:)

Are these a bit out of date? Can a Summ SM kill Hurika with a fop buffbot?

Sounds like hard work! But I'm willing to learn :>

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
Actually I've been sent some nice tactics from Mr Liowyn in the past, which I will have a look at again. I think I just need to go there and try things out. But send more advice people if you have any sneaky tip and tricks :>
Would be nice if someone video'd how to do all these encounters on an SM!

Oli - Illu

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the tricks have already been mentioned - With 75% power pool and MCL3 my SM doesn't run out of power either. (But I have a 10sec delay in which the pet has to be on passive before I can fire MCL), before continuing.

One more tip, if you have an account to spare - get yourself a Bonedancer bot. Their castable absorb buff stacks with everything else and helps with keeping the pet alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom