Suggestions for new char...?

U

Uriron

I'm looking to start a new char for those moments when I cant group my existing chars..

Got a cleric and a wiz so was thinking of a tank..My first choice is a merc but i'm open to persuasion, what is albion lacking in tank classes and spec wise, do we need more polearms armsmen etc? I'm looking for an attacker rather than defensive as i'm sick of playing nerfed support classes that are easy RvR targets, I wanna do some real damage for a change :(

Dont suggest a sorc etc as i've had it with casters for now..

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I would suggest a Highlander if you are a making a tank. In the end you will have much more hp, something I cannot reach with my Briton armsman. Not sure about a Merc, I have only played armsman as a tank. A lot of people I know are making friars at the moment, and I actually like Paladins a lot (slash/shield).
Armsman are a bit boring I feel. Those resist chants that a paladin can run are great :) And the rezzes. Much more versatile.
Merc's are fun though, have plenty of tricks up their sleaves. And a bow for some pulling, amg/mmg standoffs :)
But a cleric should have no problem grouping in rvr at moment. Most clerics so annoyed at the nerf, I see too few clerics running about in rvr really.
Regards, Glottis

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I would suggest a Highlander if you are a making a tank. In the end you will have much more hp, something I cannot reach with my Briton armsman. Not sure about a Merc, I have only played armsman as a tank. A lot of people I know are making friars at the moment, and I actually like Paladins a lot (slash/shield).
Armsman are a bit boring I feel. Those resist chants that a paladin can run are great :) And the rezzes. Much more versatile.
Merc's are fun though, have plenty of tricks up their sleaves. And a bow for some pulling, amg/mmg standoffs :)
But a cleric should have no problem grouping in rvr at moment. Most clerics so annoyed at the nerf, I see too few clerics running about in rvr really.
Regards, Glottis

'Much' more hp = about 50 ;)

Paladins are nice, but will do about 35% less damage and have about 20% less hp than an armsman with equal spec/stats (which you won't have because you spec valor)
You do get lots of nice chants to make up for it :) which make you superb in PvE, and come next patch pretty damn essential for a group in RvR (endurance regen is not to be sniffed at)

Mercs and Polearmsmen are the high-damage dealers
2h paladins come in at damage+group helping
sword/shield armsmen and paladins come in at the lower end of the damage scale...

Polearmsmen are better at killing in one hit.. bigger numbers
Mercs can pretty much ignore shields and bladeturn :) (but have little defence against two handed users)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Fingoniel

'Much' more hp = about 50 ;)

I have heard of people having 2300 hp buffed. I get maxed at about 2050. That 150 hp is one more hit :p
With the best buffs most armsman will have about 300 on each important stat, strength, con and dex.
Not sure what the importance is of the other stats :)
Regards, Glottis

P

Pin

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

I have heard of people having 2300 hp buffed. I get maxed at about 2050. That 150 hp is one more hit :p
With the best buffs most armsman will have about 300 on each important stat, strength, con and dex.
Not sure what the importance is of the other stats :)
Regards, Glottis

If you want those extra hit points, sort out some +hits items. I bet you don't have those maxed.

Anyways, play a merc :)

U

Uriron

Thanks

Cheers folks gonna stick with my first idea and roll a merc, well already started one but was gonna re roll if necessary.

I'm a lazy bugger so I'm looking to do a money transfer from lyonesse to camelot if anyone can help :) Failing that i'll do the long walk (ride) tonite :(

On that note i've been thinking of starting a bank..4 chars parked around the realm at CS, CU, Cam and Snowdinia station. pay money in at one with a password and collect at another using agreed password...wonder if it would work...obviously there would have to be a small surcharge :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom