Suggestion for funneh expansion

E

Eet_Sjet

Ligthning stroke me today at work, Ive had an idea for an RvR expansion!

(Yea, im ubah bored atm ;) )

Well, here goes... Ta daaaa...

Training Grounds! (Ok ok, others have had similar ideas but heres my version of it ;) )

Each member of a group buys a medalion at the Transport merchant dude (like buying bg-medalions, Hibernia medalions etc, there would now also be a Training Ground Medalion)

When teleported, at pause-screen shows on each group members, except the group leader, who now has an option whether to fight a hib/mid/alb group! (I suggest it should also be possible to fight a grp from ur own realm). Ie.

* Hibernia, the realm of magic
* Midgard, the realm of strength
* Albion, the realm of <what ever>

after choosing realm foes, the grp leader gets the option to put together a grp of that realm he wanna fight. Note here, that the Training Ground is NOT to fight RL players, but NPC with a new advanced A.I.). Ie (if he chose alb)

1 [Theurgist], specced [44] Earth, [20] Air, [0] Cold
2 [Cleric], specced [50] Rejuvination, [12] Smite, [13] Enhancement
4 [Armsman], specced etc etc etc
... up to 8 members

after chosen foes (of which he at all time can discuss with his grp members ofc) he press FIGHT! and the battle begins. Both groups stands in each side of a big arena (big enuf so u cant see other group be4 moving a little, but not too big - maybe have some trees in it etc etc). Then the battle begins. Theres no RPs or XPs involved in this combat, it is PURE training, so newbies to RvR gets to learn, that ie. hitting another dude in RvR wont make that dude change his target to u as it does in PvE ;) Also gives an opportunity to learn how ie. a Shamen looks from a Healer, and to go for support classes etc etc (yea yea, need ADVANCED A.I. ;) )

Training Grounds can also involve 1 Nightshade wanna fight 1 NPC Infiltrator etc etc... possibilities r (almost) endless ;)

When battle ends, either u win or loose, group gets ported back to bind stones.

I would love that, so that many _ALBS_ would learn how support classes looks like ;)

<wanders off w8ing to get flamed ;) >

K

kr0n

Awesome, of course make it so that theres 5 mins before the fight starts so the slowest people have enough time to port and buff up and shit.

Also should add a roll-down box with Set Group combinations of the most popular FG combos. And a random combo, combined from whatever the realm has. :)

A

Addlcove

you are aware that this isn´t CS right?`

what you suggest isn´t remotely possible on the current DAOC server platform.

of course if noone minds paying 30£ a month so that mythic&goa can get their servers upgraded etc. there isn´t a problem.

nice idea though, you should make it as a daoc-mod to the new HL2 platform, might work better there

H

hiban

Originally posted by Eet_Sjet
Ligthning stroke me today at work

what do u work with? :)

Whats the idea of "training for rvr"? Just go out in rvr and learn for real, against real, thinking players (albs not included here) u will always get some rps while u learn. And when u die u release and go back and try again. Think its hard to make it look like real rvr. Since u cant get that type of AI i think.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Addlcove
you are aware that this isn´t CS right?`

what you suggest isn´t remotely possible on the current DAOC server platform.

of course if noone minds paying 30£ a month so that mythic&goa can get their servers upgraded etc. there isn´t a problem.

nice idea though, you should make it as a daoc-mod to the new HL2 platform, might work better there

What do ya mean it isn't possible?

Decent AI doesn't require much of power from the server.
Of course there always could be the possibility of the Client to work as the core of the AI.

There could be like 3 "Training Grounds" per realm, thus disabling the chance of flooding the server with this.

Morphing characters doesn't require much, they just need to add few new commands for people to make 'em more like admins who morph and teleport as they wish.

It's possible, but it would require a lot of work, so probably this won't never happen.

And just FYI, Halflife engines suck ass.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by kr0n
What do ya mean it isn't possible?

Decent AI doesn't require much of power from the server.
Of course there always could be the possibility of the Client to work as the core of the AI.

There could be like 3 "Training Grounds" per realm, thus disabling the chance of flooding the server with this.

Morphing characters doesn't require much, they just need to add few new commands for people to make 'em more like admins who morph and teleport as they wish.

It's possible, but it would require a lot of work, so probably this won't never happen.

And just FYI, Halflife engines suck ass.

as I said "on the current platform."

no the AI doesn´t require much power... the training grounds do though (remember there´s more than one computer in each "server")

3 pr realm??? that would let 3 fg´s "practice" against an AI.. that leaves about 500 people at primetime unable to use this feature.

and the client to do the core of the AI??? say "hello CS-cheaters" that would be stupid as having it done that way opens up WAY to much to hackers (crackers for those of you affected by the general medias misinterpretation of things.)

oh and how would you know the HL engine "sucks ass"??? game hasn´t been released yet, or is it you just spend 500$ on a G4FX card and now you can´t enjoy the full potiential of HL2 because Nvidia fucked up with the FX card?

ah well, I´m out

E

Eet_Sjet

Originally posted by Addlcove
and the client to do the core of the AI??? say "hello CS-cheaters" that would be stupid as having it done that way opens up WAY to much to hackers (crackers for those of you affected by the general medias misinterpretation of things.)

erm, why would ppl cheat when they can gain no XP or RP or anything else ? cant even get the satisfaction of killing another RL player, soo... I rly dont think that would happend ^^

EDIT: ohh, and if it DID happend, no1 would get harmed in any way at all (beside the grp that thinks they r l33t and shit ;) )

S

Sard-Nair

Originally posted by Eet_Sjet

* Albion, the realm of <what ever>

* Albion, the realm of ZERGFOURTEHWINONEONE111!1!!

Users who are viewing this thread