Suggest learn language skill

D

Deskiziado

Think a learn language skill should be nice.
So you can write if you are hibernian:

/alb i like flowers

The albs can read you if you got 100% your learn skill. If you have 50% only the albs will read:

Celt: i %&&e flo&/r$

That learn skill should have 2 parts, write and read, but you can't advance in write or read more than 25% that in other part.

It don't break roleplaying. There are germans who speaks french and french who speak german (and spanish with 25% learnskill in english like me :D )

The cost only money. You buy a "magical hiberniam writing language box" and use it to learn write etc..., 1 gold each time you use it. If you fail to learn get back 50-90 s

N

Nightchill

on a similar line, maybe giving the archers (ranger, hunter, scout) the ability to understand enemy speak? it'd add a whole new use for them. they might actually go and "scout" :)

then again, everyone talks in cg anyway..

D

Deskiziado

Is read and write. If someone learn to read another language can read what are enemys saying, instead of reading "pepito says something in a language you don't understand" :) And is a really good idea that stealther have a bit more roleplay than kill easy targets.

Think there are spies anyway, so learning enemy language is not a great problem. We are enemys but sometimes there are inter-realms events, or dueling or sometimes you wanna say "sorry hib/mid we are in a guild event and i could not stop the blue-green-gray mini zerg, even when you were alone and waving us"

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

How about a 'learn language' skill for posters here on BW...?:p

A

Arnor

I liked the way they did that in EQ

oh, and amen sicko

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Arnor2
I liked the way they did that in EQ

The idea was good but in the end people ended up sitting in front of each other, spamming the same line over and over again until the skill improved.

ph34r teh humanity, game designers...

O

old.Krusha

just log on to #daoc.prydwen (or #daoc.exc) .. there... insta langage skillz ;)

D

Deskiziado

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
How about a 'learn language' skill for posters here on BW...?:p

Is easiest in game :) I know that my english sucks, but do you know speak spanish?

O

old.Phlobin

Excellent idea,
i would really love to see that in game. think about telling your enemy the jokes u make about him while crafting and comparing (roleplay) myth to reality about enemy-abilities and rvr-behaviour.
although u have got bws for that ofc :]

A

Aeternus

aye and then people can do cross realm groups... maybe sit down and have a chat with your enemy at badger ridge and sending angry messages to the campers at the other side of the mg...

Instead of rvr we can have word fights, whoever gets of the best insult off wins!

"How appropriate, You fight like a cow."

/sarcasm

N

nju

Originally posted by Aeternus
Instead of rvr we can have word fights, whoever gets of the best insult off wins!

hmm somebody been playing monkey island :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom