Sueage... Urr... Sewage...

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Clicky

This made me laugh for some reason, watch out Mythic - You can make Elf Rangers and call them legooolassesss so Tolken will probably be after your ass soon. ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Meh, this will never fly. CoH is not claiming ownership of the characters, or using them to market its game and neither are its players.

Just another fine example of the horrible corporate monster Marvel comics has become.

As for Legolas. Well I don't believe the name is something Tolkein came up with, but is from Norse or some other European myth, so if the Tolkein estate wanted to sue someone for use of the character name, they'd have to be able to prove that the person using the name wasn't influenced by said myth/religion.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
pfffffffffffffffffft well you all know my opionion of folks that do this bloodless money grubbing bastards!!!!

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
I think marvel claims that besides the names the characters looks and powers are also the same in some cases. So they stole some ideas for characters looks/powers from marvel or atleast thats the idea of marvel?
Also it might just be that marvel wants to be sure where the line exactly is(of what is allowed to be used by other companies and what isnt) or they could be trying to "steal" money from ncsoft :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom