[RANT] Such a joke

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
More and more the lack of customer support ability to actually do ANYTHING except shrug their shoulders and flip you the bird is approaching DAoC levels in this game.

Before 1.2 if you lost a loot bag in a keep when you had won the roll, be it lag, crash, bugged chest the CSR could check the logs, confirm the win and replace it.

After 1.2 they decide to secretly change their policies and no longer replace lost loot bags.

Now, with 1.2.1 gold loot bags in T3 contain destro dev kit half the time for order players. I have a Blackguard shoulder piece on my swordmaster and i know about 20 other players who have recieved shammy, chopper and various other unusable kit. So i appeal it, it's obviously a bug, the typical solution would surely be to replace it with the item that should have been in the bag. The CSR tells me sorry, but im stuck with that item, they will not replace it, they will not change it and they will not even give me the two lousy tokens instead i would have gotten if i had realised it was a bloody destro piece when i selected it from the loot bag! I know several other players who have recieved a destro dev piece and had exactly the same beligerant response from the CSR's.

I asked them why they seem to be able to do less and less to help their customers than before and i get told it's an internal policy decision and they refuse to tell me, the customer, anything about it as they do not discuss internal policies....

I wonder if the US CSR's have changed their policies accordingly?

Such a joke.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Do as i did, turn auto renewal off and get out of it for some time.
See if they catch the hint -.-

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Do as i did, turn auto renewal off and get out of it for some time.
See if they catch the hint -.-

why do I always check if my method of renewal is still set to manual when someone says that? ;)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I think as MMORPGs become much larger the chances of you getting any decent reply from ingame support gets much lower.

The early MMORPGs didn't really have that many players, so the chances of getting a GM to respond to your request were much higher. These days MMORPGs tend to be filled with Customer Support Representatives, so instead of getting someone with a clue who can actually change something on the server you get someone who is probably trained to do the bare minimum without any access or permission to do anything else.

I gave up with WAR support. The times you need it (during the evening when you're actually playing) you just didn't get a response, instead you got one overnight. If you've got a group wanting to do a certain instance/PQ and it's down, you can't really wait until the next day for it to be fixed - by that time your group won't be there!

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i have to say the support i've had on bags/bugs have been pretty shite.

While i can't compare to the US in WAR as i haven't played there properly.

I have to say that in DAoC the US CSR's were helpful and prompt (even onpeak never had to wait more than 30 mins). GoA's CSR's often took 5-6 hours to reply even offpeak, sometimes up to 4-5 days if you filed it onpeak and usually couldn't do anything.

/Cough. Same service or better. /Cough.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
is the situation the same in the US of A? Anyone knows?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
This is admittedly 2nd hand info, but apparently their customers service is comparable to US DAoC (i.e. pretty good and quick generally).

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I think as MMORPGs become much larger the chances of you getting any decent reply from ingame support gets much lower.
Nah, in wow i always get reply during the gaming session unless its really close to a new patch release or after it, heck i've had alot of times when i just click submit on the ticket and i get an answer.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Remember the days when we had CSRs posting in this forum on a regular basis? ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah I was thinking that recently, haven't seen a single GOA post on here since the official forums came up.

But then this forum is much less active than it was when war was first released.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeah I was thinking that recently, haven't seen a single GOA post on here since the official forums came up.

But then this forum is much less active than it was when war was first released.

Not that the "official" posts on the "official" forum are any better :p
We are 2nd hand customers and we'll always be :m00:

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
had my first run in with their customer support, absolute disaster. treated like a piece of shit rather than a paying customer. wankers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom