subscription..

H

Hashmonster

Well march is almost over so it's decision time, are u addicted enough to start paying to play?

Just wondered if u lot will be, i think i will for a few months

S

Sar

Once I get my switch card I'll be signing up for the £30 6 month subscription.

:D

S

SoWat

Yeah, I've gone for the 6 month subscription.

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by Sar
Once I get my switch card I'll be signing up for the £30 6 month subscription.

:D

they better deliver that quick then sar! u're running out of time!

C

cleeve

I've still got 26 days of free play left.

Although I suspect that I will be purchasing the 6 month sub too...

30 quid for 6 months gaming is a bargain imo

Revor (theNewbie)

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by LegoPirate
30 quid for 6 months gaming is a bargain imo

i agree and disagree tho, as i've never had to ever pay a online subscription to play a game multiplayer before. bargain would be free imo

C

cleeve

I used to think the same...

ahh free :) We wish eh

I dont mind paying the subscription tho as me character is stored online etc so I dont have to worry about cheats ruining the game - or even being accused of cheating which is nice...

its a different kind of community to the one I am used to (ex quake/quake2/quake3)

We pay for clan servers which work out at about £30 a quarter each to the clan members..

so I kinda expect to have to pay some sort of subscription these days.. The upside of paying for the subscription is less kids on the servers with their l337 h4ck54w 5p33ch

:)

Revor (theOAP)

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by LegoPirate
The upside of paying for the subscription is less kids on the servers with their l337 h4ck54w 5p33ch

:)
(theOAP)

yep thats definately a plus :D as long as the servers run smoothly 6quid is cheap

O

old.Mr Burns

I'm going for the 6 month option as well

A

Athan

I WAS going to pay for 6 months... and then we actually got into the post-beta period. It's been a shambles from the Customer Service point of view.

People with stuck characters that /stuck don't fix taking days to be fixed.

A friend whose character got 'stuck' inbetween zones somehow that he ended up having to abandon it 'cos neither GoA nor Mythic could fix it. He did get 6 months subscription free though.

MANY MANY people with 'Account already logged in' problems. Keep on having server downtime to fix these. One guy lost a character because of it.

No in-game UK support, and none such planned (although I understand you pay a little less for playing the UK version to compensate?).

Sooooo, anyway. Given they did manage to get patch 1.45 working in the end I went and paid for another month last night. The other reason being I'm not sure I trust GoA not to fuck up and delete my account for non-payment even if they claim it'll be safe for 6 months.

If things haven't improved by 2nd May? I dunno, depends how much fun I've had by then, I may just give up on it.

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom