Subscription

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Would you still play WAR if the Subscription for the game was a little higher than say the other games on the market?

I saw a post recently on a forum saying that EA was thinking of making the sub's a little higher than the market average (which is $14.99)

Q: Will the game require a monthly fee to play WAR?

A: Yes, and EA Mythic’s President Mark Jacobs has stated that the subscription fee will quite possibly be more than the standard $14.99 that most MMOG’s charge.

Was just curious. Didn't make a poll, because there is already far too many in DAOC Off-Topic :p

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
well MMO charges have been around that for a good few years. So raising it up to say $18 is ok.
Aslong as they dont do what some MMO companys do, and the UK version is exactly the same but in stearling! I wouldnt pay more then £12 for a MMO sub realy.

It would have to be something very special to warrent more.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Would you still play WAR if the Subscription for the game was a little higher than say the other games on the market?

I saw a post recently on a forum saying that EA was thinking of making the sub's a little higher than the market average (which is $14.99)

Was just curious. Didn't make a poll, because there is already far too many in DAOC Off-Topic :p
14$ is 10€ ?

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I'm willing to pay up to 30 euro's a month to play WAR (I know, it won't be THAT expensive...but I'm willing to pay that kind of money for a good game...so WAR has to be good, otherwise I wouldn't pay ofcourse). I like the idea that the game will be expensive, keeps the annoying kids out.

Oh, and $14 will not be E10 (I'm too lazy to make the euro symbol): you're right in terms of the current exchange-price, but ofcourse GOA will take a bite out of that, and think E10 just sounds too cheap or something, and sell it for E13 a month at least.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Yes.
If the game is good I'll subscribe. If not - then I wont. Doesn't really matter how big the subscription fee is.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe,but i sure as hell want something special to pay more for it.

Like those Elite servers on Everquest,whatever happened to them anyhow?

ileks

Part of the furniture
Happy to pay ~ £15 to play as long as there is no need for another account. If i have no MMO to keep me busy, i end up buying a new game every month or so anyway.

Pica

Fledgling Freddie
Hard to tell a price really, cause if you end up paying too much, you will scare some ppl away.. on the other hand yes less children :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It needs to be in line with others. If it's too expensive then people will be more likely to close their account if they're not playing, instead of leaving it open for the occasional hour or two.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Guys, what are we worrying about anyway? I'm sure GOA's marketing section has calculated how to best price the game monthly. Just like they calculated how to best market DAoC in the UK and the rest of Europe.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Guys, what are we worrying about anyway? I'm sure GOA's marketing section has calculated how to best price the game monthly. Just like they calculated how to best market DAoC in the UK and the rest of Europe.

Which was more on Europe than on USA :(

rynnor

Rockhound
One interesting aspect to this is the EU competition laws- I'm pretty sure its actually illegal to charge different prices in different EU countries now - look at what happened to Itunes.

So the EU price will probably be pegged to the Euro which could be considerably more than the US price.

rynnor

Rockhound
They should stop being such bitches and just go for Euro then :p

But then the big arguement is over what price to convert at - nobody wants to get shafted like the dutch who lost X% of their national worth when they joined...

Its academic anyway - the UK will never get rid of the pound for at least another 15-20 years if ever - too much the national symbol plus the economies too good.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
But then the big arguement is over what price to convert at - nobody wants to get shafted like the dutch who lost X% of their national worth when they joined...

We got shafted? I didn't even realize. Since the Euro, I've been a rich guy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom