Subscription cancellation problems

S

scalpy

Hi guys,

Am after a bit of advice really.

I cancelled my subscription with DAoC a few months ago, around 3 or 4 I think. However, money is still being taken from my bank account (or my parents account to be precise)

Now the trouble is that I don't have any of my account details anymore having not played in so long, does anyone know if GOA have a customer support telephone number because to be quite honest the 'Rightnow' system is a pain in the arse and I want to get this sorted as soon as possible.

As you can imagine I'm a little bit peeved about money being taken for something that I cancelled quite a while ago.

Any help would be appreciated cheers.

ps: anyone else experienced this problem of cancelling and still having cash taken?

A

Audhumla

Send an email to GOA..

From the website:

" You can refuse the new tariff conditions
and end your subscription contract by going to the heading ' My Account ' accessible on the site http://www.camelot-europe.com and clicking on the link ' Terminate my subscription ' before the date on which the new tariff conditions come into force. Your subscription will then be terminated at the end of the current subscription period. If need be, you will be considered to have accepted the new tariff conditions"

And

Any other information that you may be asked to supply when subscribing your Player Account may be used exclusively for managing your subscription and for providing information related to the DAOC game and/or GOA.
In accordance with the Computing and Liberty law dated 6th January 1978, you have the right to access, modify and oppose all personal data about you at any time. To do so, simply write to the following e-mail address camelot@goa.com, indicating your surname, first name, address and the identifiers of your Player Account.

Should get you started... good luck

S

scalpy

Cheers for that mate, can only access the net at work at the moment and didn't have time to trawl the DAoC-Europe site fully.

Much appreciated.

S

scalpy

For gods sake, I got a reply from GOA saying that my sub' had definitely been cancelled months ago, and to check with some website that deals with their charges.

I entered the credit card details and surprise surprise it says 'No charges made on these cards'. So how come this money is coming out of the bank account each month?

Sent another email to GOA asking them to explain and if I don't get any joy I think it's going to have to go over to my banks fraud department to investigate.

T

tris-

money kept going out of my account but when i looked further down the statement it was back in, i.e. they were taking 16 quid out and putting it back again for no reason

S

scalpy

Hmmm I'll check that n3wb', but I'm pretty sure the money's not being credited back and even if it was why the hell is it being debited anyway?

Is this still happening to you?

S

scalpy

Couldn't you just divulge a little? It would save time and hassle.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

a thing i noticed is that they are about 3 month's late with the bank drawings. mij january sub was drawn in march.

ok, thats a 2 months backlog

O

old.Alliandre

It's the same with me. My Dad gets charged about 2 months late, and when I look on the receit in the "My account" section it has the later date to. The funny thing is that I don't think it did this a year back. Maybe they've turned slack :eek:

S

scalpy

Well 2 days ago I got an email back from GOA saying that it has been escalated to the 'relevant department' and I have still heard nothing back.

Am going to leave it till middle of next week and if I haven't heard anything back by then will hand it over to the banks fraud department to investigate.

S

scalpy

...and still no word back from GOA regarding this.

If anyone from GOA checks these forums and is reading this please take note:

Sort your bloody finance department out, because from what I've read in this thread there is something screwy going on.

Gonna let the bank deal with this now.

E

Esoteric

LOL I cancelled my cc if they decide to take money out even though I have cancelled they'll be in for fraud muahahhaha

L

liste

Scalpy, if you canceled, and GOA agrees, just go to your bank and tell em to stop the payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom