Sub pages being worked on

P

pitspawn

Following the Register / Account page under http://www.camelot-europe.com used to generate an error. Now it takes you to a secured server page but cannot complete loading. Seems the fix might be closer than first conceived :) I wonder if the sub pw will be emailed out today so we can all play over the weekend?

G

gutrot

ah so its not just me then... :)

GOA are such a tease, its like they are dangling a carrot in front of all the strung out little daoc addicts....only to whip it away again until next week/month. :D

A

asorek

i've said it once and i'll say it again GOA are fuxxor French twats.
they dont give a flying fuck about us....

fair enuff i can actually log into the game but the lag is immense over 1280ms on a almost perfect ADSL connection!! go figure!! so you guys aint missing anything..at last count population on Excal hib was under 90 peeps!! wohoo!!

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by asorek
i've said it once and i'll say it again GOA are fuxxor French twats.
they dont give a flying fuck about us....

fair enuff i can actually log into the game but the lag is immense over 1280ms on a almost perfect ADSL connection!! go figure!! so you guys aint missing anything..at last count population on Excal hib was under 90 peeps!! wohoo!!

doing a ping only proves there is a connection problem between you and the server, not where, do a traceroute and look where the problem realy is

A

asorek

Originally posted by Sibanac
doing a ping only proves there is a connection problem between you and the server, not where, do a traceroute and look where the problem realy is

did a traceroute and was 75% packet loss on the hop thru FRANCE TELECOM.....no prizes for guessing who that is?!?!
A.K.A = GOA

just ot be sure its not my isp i logged my brother to do the same traceroute via his ADSL supplier One.Tel

he had the same effect..and considering the majority of the people i pm'd in game are having the same lag its server side thru GOA not our side.

K

kameh

did a traceroute and was 75% packet loss on the hop thru FRANCE TELECOM.....no prizes for guessing who that is?!?!
A.K.A = GOA

They're entirely different companies, granted one owns the other but that doesn't mean they get treated any differently from any other company. Wish people understood this, BT own shedloads of companies in the UK, you can bet your arse they don't treat them any differently from every other company ;)

A

asorek

Originally posted by kameh
They're entirely different companies, granted one owns the other but that doesn't mean they get treated any differently from any other company. Wish people understood this, BT own shedloads of companies in the UK, you can bet your arse they don't treat them any differently from every other company ;)

France Telecom are a subsidiary (sp?) company of GOA thats true, but they also handle 90% of GOA's internet traffic in france and a vast majority thru Freeserve here in the U.K.

C

charmsdark

Originally posted by pitspawn
I wonder if the sub pw will be emailed out today so we can all play over the weekend?

There's still the ppl who haven't gotten their game pw yet, to who it don't make much difference if they've got their sub pw.

T

the_smurflord

Re: Re: Sub pages being worked on

Originally posted by charmsdark
There's still the ppl who haven't gotten their game pw yet, to who it don't make much difference if they've got their sub pw.

Yes it will, if we get our sub password we can generate a new game password for ourselves.

C

ChillyDawg

A.K.A = GOA

No mate the ISP GOA uses is wanadoo, and they doo suck quite hard, i often get 50-60% packet loss from them.

T

tonita

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
Many among you are asking us to communicate more often. For the record, we communicate when we have something to say, if there are no significant changes from one day to the other, we spend time on actually working on the problems rather than putting another news with just "we are working, nothing new".

more about it on the erm... friday news?!

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1280

S

smincy

Originally posted by kameh

very true, i work for BT openworld / connect to business (ADSL suppliers), we own the internet backbone in britain and the link to the US. France Telecome owns the backbone in most of france and i think (not sure) some of the backbone which heads into the rest of europe.

F

-fwapp-

"Again this year, GOA will be at the "Monde du Jeu" and, as for the previous years, it will be a good time for Dark Age players to meet, for guilds to gather and of course to meet the GOA teams"

omg goa are going out to meet euro players? i bet theyre getting survival training

C

charmsdark

Re: Re: Re: Sub pages being worked on

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Yes it will, if we get our sub password we can generate a new game password for ourselves.

Ok, I stand corrected :)

I

injustice

Originally posted by -fwapp-
"Again this year, GOA will be at the "Monde du Jeu" and, as for the previous years, it will be a good time for Dark Age players to meet, for guilds to gather and of course to meet the GOA teams"

omg goa are going out to meet euro players? i bet theyre getting survival training

then i'm comin to Paris rightnow for killing some1 :)

C

charmsdark

Originally posted in the Friday news on camelot-europe.com

Many among you are asking us to communicate more often. For the record, we communicate when we have something to say, if there are no significant changes from one day to the other, we spend time on actually working on the problems rather than putting another news with just "we are working, nothing new".

I wonder how long it would've taken them to put that little bit of information on their news page. I doubt they've made absolutely no progress what so ever over the last week and a half.
Imo them saying at least something about the situation (even if it's not the most positive thing in the world) would make me more happy than them not saying anything at all.
With their customer service abilities they soon won't have any customers left, especially not with the amount of ppl deciding to go to the US servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom