Style review

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
With the style review in progress, I was wondering, are they totaly changing everything, anytimes, positional, reactive etc or just boosting and nerfing existing styles?

Was wondering, cause I'm using doublefrost atm, going ooe with end5 buff :/

Anyone think the style will get its end cost fixed?

Was the Dragonfang reduction in the style review or just a patch?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I think the style review happened a while ago around the same time they 'refixed' the Laxe style line.

That said, their constantly reviewing styles and their use in RvR afaik which is why every now and again stuff (like in your example, DF) gets changed slightly.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
no i think the style review is in with frontiers ... la was just a la fix afaik

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
no i think the style review is in with frontiers ... la was just a la fix afaik
no archoen is right mythic is changing styles all the time, LA for long time ago now, savages h2h, mid sword line got a taunt style with to hit bonus for some patchs ago and now we soon get a nerf of DF.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
There is still gonna be 1 big style review with frontiers as far as I know...

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
they gonna make the styles more standard across the board? they should give SB a new Dagger/Knife thrusting style and remove double specing from Albion but thats not really a style review.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
I tought Doublefrost had a standard high endurance usage cost, its just the slowspeed of your weapon I presume. You using a 4.x speed weapon? Because no matter how much this is hasted it still has the same end cost.

Test out Garrotte or some other high endurance style with the same weapons, it should take the same ammount of end.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
They go near any reaver style other than Python i'll scream!

If they make Python actually useful i'll love Mythic forever :D

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
They go near any reaver style other than Python i'll scream!

If they make Python actually useful i'll love Mythic forever :D

Reavers need a decent smack with the bat tbh, I consider them one of the most overpowered classes in the game, mind you due to the fact they aint popular and dont have Determination nobody else see's this.

Levi needs fixing, it does absurd damage...

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
They're doing the on going work, like "tinkering" with Armsmen, andas far as I could make out, frontiers brings an overhaul since in some TL reports the TL's were refered to the incoming "style review".

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Reavers need a decent smack with the bat tbh, I consider them one of the most overpowered classes in the game, mind you due to the fact they aint popular and dont have Determination nobody else see's this.

lol

ahahah

what a pile of crap.

yeah they are a "solid" class, but with no determination they are RvR gimped.

Leviathan is a 50 style which is also a positional and so it should do high damage

Savages spamming wild call or provoke do near the same or with a lucky quad more damage.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Better start rolling your Reavers now for when NF hits if Det's the only thing stopping them being FoTM ;)

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:

I laughed for 10 mins after reading this irl.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:

I'm still laughing at this... absurd damage on mobs maybe but on a person with 26% in cold resists do you think we can do 400-500 damage? Usually 300-400, merc's do almost that much from the front, we gotta do ours from behind and slam+levi is becoming less and less effective as people have started to purge.

Reavers are a very solid class in power and extreme amounts of defense but there's no way i'd call them overpowered savages still massively outdamage us.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
The dual crit RA + 2/3 Reavers using Cold Legendary whips will hurt Oo

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
I retract my Reaver comments, tbh I read VNwhine and thats where I heard that, dunno why I beleived it for a change but I did, and I wont edit my old post just to show I can admit mistakes :p

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Only if it effects weapon proc's, it could just effect soulrending. Reavers on US servers are /praying that duel threat and MoM will effect weapon proc's.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
I'm still laughing at this... absurd damage on mobs maybe but on a person with 26% in cold resists do you think we can do 400-500 damage? Usually 300-400, merc's do almost that much from the front, we gotta do ours from behind and slam+levi is becoming less and less effective as people have started to purge.

Reavers are a very solid class in power and extreme amounts of defense but there's no way i'd call them overpowered savages still massively outdamage us.

good point, people are also forgetting Reavers have very pour HPs for a tank as they are Hybrids and there Con does not increase per level, Reaver are also limited to Iconnues (with points waisted in Int) and Britons as other races are unsuitble due to low starting con. Trolls, Norse and Dwarves can all become Savages and off-set there low HPs (although i don't think Dwarf Savages fits in with the Dwarven Race). Half-oger and Highlander Reavers would be quite popular although once again mythic hasn't though about what albions race can be which class (Avalonian Cleric? no Saracen Cleric or Elementalists).

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
i havent really noticed many reavers, or how powerful they are or arent (cant say since i dont know em) but one thing i know for sure is last time i met a VW it hitted f***** HARD, will prolly be same with savages havent been on wrong end of one of those yet ;) and thing i really hate when being a healer having one of those feckers after u is when u just cant root em and get rid of them because of that ridiculous lifetap :touch: and i know that selia has had some pretty nice hits, cant really find the screenies though

i really gonna fear VW's when frontiers hit us think i might roll one on excal :clap: find them to be a fricking awesome class, especially if they have a BB then they just go :eek2: in PvE and i really think they will be that way in frontiers RvR

(yes i have nightmares about VW's)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Zrall said:
i havent really noticed many reavers, or how powerful they are or arent (cant say since i dont know em) but one thing i know for sure is last time i met a VW it hitted f***** HARD, will prolly be same with savages havent been on wrong end of one of those yet ;) and thing i really hate when being a healer having one of those feckers after u is when u just cant root em and get rid of them because of that ridiculous lifetap :touch: and i know that selia has had some pretty nice hits, cant really find the screenies though

i really gonna fear VW's when frontiers hit us think i might roll one on excal :clap: find them to be a fricking awesome class, especially if they have a BB then they just go :eek2: in PvE and i really think they will be that way in frontiers RvR

(yes i have nightmares about VW's)

only problems with VWs r there insane miss rate due to no to hit bonus on there only any time style, the taunt style (yea taunt style w/o to hit bonus)

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently it's not been axed, but it's more likely to be a series of on-going changes, rather than one big change at the same time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
the major style review has been axed and replaced with a little tinkering here and there

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
acei said:

But then Reavers are hybrids, and Savages are light tanks, which explains the damage discrepancy.

Reavers get PBAOE Abs and Attack debuffs, Lifetap, PBOAE DD and DOT. You sacrifice pure DPS for having those extra abilities.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Now let me think ..... what was the reason for having a style review?
Oh yes, a long (very long) time ago they tinkered with styles on an on-going basis; one change would lead to another being needed though (Mythic seemed unable to appreciate the impacts of the changes) and so it was announced that there would be a single major review.

Supposedly this has been going on for some time ..... and now its axed.

Rinse and repeat.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
But then Reavers are hybrids, and Savages are light tanks, which explains the damage discrepancy.

Reavers get PBAOE Abs and Attack debuffs, Lifetap, PBOAE DD and DOT. You sacrifice pure DPS for having those extra abilities.
Savages self buffs are classed as spells too and considering they allow a savage to have MASSIVE defense and melee resistance i'd say they're more powerful than a DoT that hits for 18dmg per tick or a lifetap that hits for 100. Our PBAOE's do very minor damage but are great at interrupting it's usually all that reavers use them for.

Umilard

Loyal Freddie
So Melachi, you posted a QQpost over Reavers, not becouse you know anything about them or accually believe they are overpowered, but becouse someone ELSE posted about them? :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Lejemorder said:
only problems with VWs r there insane miss rate due to no to hit bonus on there only any time style, the taunt style (yea taunt style w/o to hit bonus)

savage anytimer also no to hit. but they can hit 3 hits anyway even if style fails :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom