style info

J

Jiggs

mercs should warned against comparing with left axe ;)

F

Flimgoblin

*cries*

LA had its growth rates improved becaue the base damage is halved.

except it's not - the base damage is reduced by 15% at full LA spec (and even less at higher)

Dual Wield spec gets nothing despite having to train both that and slash to get any damage.

In fact the growth rates are almost identical to the base slash lines.

It's pretty simple - make LA only have a 50% bonus (so effectively 30% over normal styles taking into account the base damage change)

give CD and DW 30% more on the growth rate.

Voila, fixed.

Possibly something similar for polearm/2h
(since you need to spec base spec as well to get max damage - that said I'd need to compare polearm/no base spec with a 2h warrior to make sure it's not equivalent when one specs 50 pole/1 base, the other 50 axe... in which case the 50 pole/50 base is an advantage to the armsman - hard to tell without logs)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Jiggs
mercs should warned against comparing with left axe ;)

no, EVERYONE should be warned against comparing with left axe ;)

F

Falcore

i get out damaged by heros(even luwis) and i would say 2h aswell cuz they can spec higher than i can

S

Silenzio

rlly nice link...

just curious but n odd thing happende to me yest

after reading this i took my inf

n tested a bit... all fine ... till at a certain point

gainst a green mob i got this result :

You perform your Garrote perfectly! (+178)

You hit the Undead Retainer for 163 damage!

any idea?

F

Flimgoblin

was ther a (-ve) on the end of that 163?

what con is an undead retainer to you?

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
was ther a (-ve) on the end of that 163?

what con is an undead retainer to you?

is like as i wrote no (-)

was Green =)

as i told, i was testing to see oterwise i wouldent paid attention at

S

swords

LA :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

F

Flimgoblin

weird silenz :)

I normally only get that styling on low greys

You perform your whatever perfectly (+967)
You hit for 132 (-5012312313)

S

Silenzio

ehhehe somtimes me too such similar...
but not this time im sure =) otherwise i would not wonder

well well nm =)

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
*cries*

LA had its growth rates improved becaue the base damage is halved.

except it's not - the base damage is reduced by 15% at full LA spec (and even less at higher)

Dual Wield spec gets nothing despite having to train both that and slash to get any damage.

In fact the growth rates are almost identical to the base slash lines.

It's pretty simple - make LA only have a 50% bonus (so effectively 30% over normal styles taking into account the base damage change)

give CD and DW 30% more on the growth rate.

Voila, fixed.

Possibly something similar for polearm/2h
(since you need to spec base spec as well to get max damage - that said I'd need to compare polearm/no base spec with a 2h warrior to make sure it's not equivalent when one specs 50 pole/1 base, the other 50 axe... in which case the 50 pole/50 base is an advantage to the armsman - hard to tell without logs)

Yes lets make all realms identical, one tank hits harder than another = nerf that tank or make the other one better!!!

Yes that'll fix things and be fun!

OR NOT

STFU

K

K0nah

Originally posted by moo_work
Yes lets make all realms identical, one tank hits harder than another = nerf that tank or make the other one better!!!

OR NOT

STFU

yes wouldn't it be fun if mercs and bms were 2 shotting your healers, one shotting your casters and 3 shotting YOU...

OR NOT.

touched a nerve? smell that NERF! coming? ;)

B

Belomar

OR NOT

STFU
I think this board would be a lot better without fools like this.

H

hotrat

Look at Thrust spec for alb, puncture to lunge really does suck:
0.30 6 Puncture H L M - Anytime Target is Bleeding
0.56 8 Sting M L M -H Anytime Taunts Target
0.67 21 Lunge M M H - After 'Puncture' -
Thrust is all about DF, it has no decent anytime styles, good for one vs one i guess (tranq to wyvern) but in large fights you need another spec line (with a decent anytime style) to support it (CS, polearm, DW etc).

Sapphire slash has better damage than I thought though, almost as good as diamond, big defense penalty but also very low end usage.
Enrage is almost as good as amy slash as well (as i thought after testing) but no to hit bonus, tbh i dont miss that much with a 99% qua 16.5 dps... if i change to a lower qua weapon though it misses a lot. Think i will stick to enrage -> sapphire until 1.60 and /respec to 50 inst 30 slash 30 stealth :)

Great post :clap:

F

Flimgoblin

OR NOT

STFU

a zerker perchance? trying to use the 'classes are different' argument to backup an obscene disparity? As the k0nah so nicely put it: "smell that NERF! coming?"

I'd be quite happy with 10%, hell even 20% less damage than a zerker if I got some utility from my styles or some other fluff.

As it is I get less damage, crap abilities (Dirty Tricks is on a 30m timer, is resisted and at best saves a couple of hits from hitting someone, compare to zerk mode which in certain circumstances is sick, and on a 7m timer to boot) and unusable styles.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Silenzio

gainst a green mob i got this result :

You perform your Garrote perfectly! (+178)

You hit the Undead Retainer for 163 damage!

Can only guess that 163 is your cap with Garotte. Go test on a level 0 mob with the same weapon and see what you get.

K

katt!

OR NOT

STFU

for a second i thought the CT guys were way ahead of you in stupidity :/

T

Tigerius

Must say I expected more disparity in favour of mid styles in general. What stands out at the moment (very incomplete list still) is how DW doesn't improve on normal styles whatsoever and obviously LA. Both of those are of course old news but nicely documented here.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

the la SHOULD be a little better than the cs line anyway.. tho the comeback looks a little scary. 1.7 against the .85 of the dragonfang .. if they pull an evade first its game over for us with such a high dmg output

K

katt!

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
the la SHOULD be a little better than the cs line anyway.. tho the comeback looks a little scary. 1.7 against the .85 of the dragonfang .. if they pull an evade first its game over for us with such a high dmg output

well, you should compare comeback to hamstring. you should use DF for stun not dmg ;/

J

jua-cosmos-jua

Katt while having an inf chancess are i know more things about df hammtrings and generaly my characters cs spec line dmges weapons and all... than you do since you play a savage, i really cant understand why you say that. Anyway, sb vs inf its those 2 things. In a battle its the (df) vs(comeback and the stun), and the 4-5doublefrosts in the duration of the battle against the 4-5 hammstrings/leapers you ll manage to do in the duration of the df before one of those 2 dies. lets say the doublefrosts cancell the hamstrings/leapers,then the infs is a few moves ahead, the ones from the garrots and achil and the one df you managed to do before the hammstrings. if you substract the comeback then its a really close duel tho in favour of the inf. But then it coooomes puuurge... and messes things up. gg :)

K

katt!

i dont have a savage, i dont even play mid anymore and when i did i had a SB :p

and comeback IS NOT THE STUN. the stun is AFTER COMEBACK. meaning you cannot (most of the time) spam comeback after youve got a stun in.

edit: im not saying LA is not overpowered, just pointed out something you "got wrong".

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by Belomar
I think this board would be a lot better without fools like this.

Could not agree more.. some people are incapable of being civil / pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom