Stuttery Graphics

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
ok i recently formated and re-installed everythign on my puter.
Now i'm using the same drivers and everything, however instead of a Nice smooth running in Daoc, it looks like i have a limp when i run.
and when it comes to rvr it can lagg out , i never had this problem before.

any1 got any ideas ?

PC spec:
P4 3.2 ghrz
512 DDr 400 ram
Tx 5200 Nvidia

thanks in advance

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
i have exactly the same problem as u

i run a P4 northwood 2.4ghz
1gb of 2700 ddr ram
Ati radeon 9800pro

Before in time i ran smooth aswell

living

Fledgling Freddie
had that ever sience patch cameout, kinda got to live with it. you can exploit speedhack by turning off a few things but will just get u banned by not even using any program :>

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
any1 reported this to Rightnow ?

i will when i get home .. but i'd expect to get

Working as intended response ;P

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same problem since patch and only since the patch.

I've defragged, checked that I am clean of viruses/adware/spyware, checked drivers and reset my compatibility to XP after previously changing it to NT/2000...no improvement.

Movement jerks so badly now that the game makes me feel seasick, especially when running, and this is with options all set to minimum. Sound often splutters too - paladin chants seem to just beg for trouble.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Same problem, but I windowed-mode it's much better, very strange.

P4 3.0Ghz
512MB Ram DDR 400Mhz
ATI 9600Pro

Marc

FH is my second home
When you look at system processes do you have a process called regsvr32.exe? This is notorious for slowing down daoc even on top spec machines.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Till now I've been running DAoC in NT4 mode (can anybody tell me why???) and without any troubles. I'll turn fake-win mode off and see how it works (till now I was 100% lagfree, just getting lds time by time when porting to Aerus).

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
actually I had a similar problem on my home pc... turned out it was the soundcard lagging everything for some obscure reason (Audigy 2).

A screwdriver and hammer later, problem was fixed :)

Anyway, if you're having serious problem then report it via RightNow. They might not be able to help you but at least they'll make sure that Mythic know about the problem and look into it.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like Audigy 2 has same trouble like old SB Live or early AGP cards - too short connectors/not exactly facing back mask. I had to release back mask of card and explain it with hammer what I would like too.

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
same problem here, when i run, so only possible thing is the soundcard , or wait at rightnow?

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
playing windowed now, original Daoc>>> helped a bit, SI|Toa >> stil have it

the weird part , when i stick to someone i doesnt slowdown but the guy where im sticked at jumps back and fort :p
owell if anyone knows another solution pls rep^ly :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom