Stupid Idea... maybe.. ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok another clustering thread, but bear with me.

We all understand that when clustering is implemented new players can only pick one realm. Existing players can only play on the realms they currently reside. If you want to drop one realm and restart on another then you will need to delete ALL characters from ALL english servers on your account.

If you have characters on both Pryd and Excal there is a time limit imposed before switching realms, so with this inplace, and with us then only having one english server avalaible would there be any benefits in Mythic/GoA investigating opening up all three realms per account, kinda like the Co-Op : PvP server.

You would then be able to access all three realms and create characters to explore the full game, rather than 33% (or 66%) Naturaly the time limit between changing realms would have to remain, or even increase.

Downsides, would be the loss of revenue and the increased chance of crossrealming, and im sure there are others.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
i think that it should be up to the people to deside what realm to play on not GoA/Mytic and that if you dont have a chr on excal and you play mid on pryd and you try get a excal chr then you only got access to mid/excal is kinda lame tbh.

If you need to try another realm you really cant without it shjould be PvP server or a none English server. And if any Europe's gonna do a chr on a ger server or somthing its not to do it alone. And thats is what is possible on excal. To create a chr there alone and still understand the launage.

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
Could work if they inplent the timer n stuff from dnl.. there you can play both dark and light on same account, but timer and admins wont like people doing dishonest "spying" soo... but in daoc its more of a problem, to little battlefield... to easy to loggin with lvl1guardian and see hibs forming a keeptake zerg, then on mIRC _HIBS INC_ 15mins before you could register them coming the right way.. Logout timer would be nice if it blocked ANY IRC or messengers(and phones?) :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Although it may work I imagine its a decision only mythic could take and not GOA as it chnages the basic structure of regular servers.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
why not just implement the timer on rvr zones otherwise i'm losing service and would like a reduced price.

most times i plat hib/excal... every now and again i log onto mid/pryd

now will be log on to hib excal..get a bit bored...ooops have to wait XX hours. so we are getting a reduced product must be even worse for the full time pver's

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Behmoth said:
we are getting a reduced product

German and French players still get all 3 realms. UK players, having only had two to begin with, are now down to only one.

Sucks.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
German and French players still get all 3 realms. UK players, having only had two to begin with, are now down to only one.

Not again... please!

First off, UK players can still chose to play on french or GER servers if they absolutely want to play different realms on different servers. Just like all the other people from all over europe have to play on a foreign language server. It´s not like you really need to be able to understand all the NPC babbling. :)
If the UK playerbase isn´t large enough to supply more than one server, it´s not GoA´s fault. It seems to work in GER and FR, so go blame the UK players. Would you prefer to have the choice between 3 servers, each one with a whopping 50 people population at peak times (Exaggerating.. I know. You get the idea)?
And of course, you CAN roll on different realms. Nothing stops you from doing so, except the monir obstacle of a 1 hour delay between switching.

On the lighter side: if DAoC wasn´t 3 realms, but 7 realms.... would you demand to have access to 7 servers? :)

P.S.: I dinged Scrounging Bastard O_O! Someone report me to RightNow!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
well with work and sleep that 1 hour do sweet FA is 1/8th of my day which= a major portion of what i would be doing at an evening its still a forced ammount of time out of the game which we should be refunded

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
solution:

a. don´t switch realms twice a night (it´s not like you guys use to hop from Excal to Prydwen and back like maniacs every night anyways)

b. roll on a GER or FR server

c. live with the possibility of an instand-realm-switch, including being flamed and PM spammed to death every 30 seconds because you´ve killed someone on the frontiers or tons of x-realming muppets, spoiling all kinds of large scale RvR action ("how many hibs are in Crim?" "just a sec, I`ll switch and check")

problem solved.

Not that I don´t see your problem, but you need to realise that it´s the lesser of the two evils. Play on dying servers or play on a clustered server with that 1 hour drawback. *shrug*

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
solution:

a. don´t switch realms twice a night (it´s not like you guys use to hop from Excal to Prydwen and back like maniacs every night anyways)

that acually depends on my mood for the evening.

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
b. roll on a GER or FR server

eeh, how about NO because i know fuck all french and german.

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
c. live with the possibility of an instand-realm-switch, including being flamed and PM spammed to death every 30 seconds because you´ve killed someone on the frontiers or tons of x-realming muppets, spoiling all kinds of large scale RvR action ("how many hibs are in Crim?" "just a sec, I`ll switch and check")

i would have no problem with that as i dont rvr all that much. and u will have that shit anyway as many many ppl got more then 2 accounts.

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Not that I don´t see your problem, but you need to realise that it´s the lesser of the two evils. Play on dying servers or play on a clustered server with that 1 hour drawback. *shrug*

its only a lesser of 2 evils if ur a RVR freak. for us pve freaks its the BIGGER of the 2 evils.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
eeh, how about NO because i know fuck all french and german.

um... yeah. That´s - of course - a pretty good, eloquent, logical and mature argument for your thing. I thought we managed to pass this phase of idiotic racist ressentiments like 40 years ago. *shrug*

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
um... yeah. That´s - of course - a pretty good, eloquent, logical and mature argument for your thing. I thought we managed to pass this phase of idiotic racist ressentiments like 40 years ago. *shrug*

It's hardly racist to say you can't play on a French or German server because you don't understand the language. We tried an event on a German server - we couldn't even spec our characters as we did not know which spec lines were which. It's not just that you can't do quests etc it really is unplayable unless you can get someone with the relevant language skills to translate.

The fact that large parts of Europe have better English skills than we have French or German does not make us racist but does mean that for the majority of English players the other servers are not an option.

Clustering enhances this issue, the solution would have been for those with UK version to have access to US servers at the start but that's a whole other issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom