Rant Stupid cnuting printers!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Over the last year I have designed a handful of different flyers for friends running events and social clubs, the flyers are always A6 and designed in Photoshop using an A6 template that includes a bleed area. On a couple of occasions the various printers my friends use have found fault and complained about bleed area not being enough, resolution not being correct even though I know for a fact that A6 + bleed is always 1819x1311 pixels at 300dpi print quality.

Ok, so today I have my afternoon ruined when a friend phones me and says that the printer is complaining, initially about bleed area and now about 'safe' area. What the fuck? The whole design for all 3 flyers was built around accomodating a 6mm bleed area, now the fuckers want another 6mm for 'safety' which means a redesign yet again if we want the flyers printed by weekend which we do urgently.

So, here I am sat right now, redoing all 3 flyers yet again by rescaling all the elements and text. The problem is that some of the text may now end up so small that it is hard to read when actually printed, if that happens then the entire batch is fucked plus I have to go back an redesign the flyer yet again to solve the readability. All because the cunting printers think that a 6mm standard bleed is not enough to guarantee print output and quality we have already paid them for. IDLE MOTHERFUCKERS! Fine tune your print process and 6mm standard bleed is more than enough, do not make me jump through fucking hoops just to save you 2 minutes of calibration time.

Rant over, for now. :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Change printers?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah sounds like it could be cheap home printer syndrome. I spend extra on a cheap hp color laserjet and it has been worth every penny vs wating money on ink jets

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is "the printer" someone who has bought a large-format printer or something and set themselves up as a "printer", or is it a proper offset-press-using sort of business?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No, proper printing firm as far as I can tell.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I did not expect you to have problems with a proper firm its madness that a professional set up have these issues unless the "safety area" is a way fr them to shove more copies on each page to save costs.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I did not expect you to have problems with a proper firm its madness that a professional set up have these issues unless the "safety area" is a way fr them to shove more copies on each page to save costs.

That is exactly the feeling I got bud, a way of selling you 300dpi and delivering 250dpi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom