Stunning Crysis video

Ono

Part of the furniture
Saw this a while ago.

/readies self for huge PC upgrade.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, it's a cool enviroment and all but...

Hope they know hwo to use it and not just make a "good lookin" game.

Story, balance between yourself and the AI, difficulty etc...it's got potential.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
can't wait for a Predator mod

/wants to be Mac when he machine guns half the forest down

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I dread to think what you'll need to run a game like that smoothly.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Probably be wanting that PhysX card to be able to run everything if the physics are as good as their touting.

Would be nice if the company made a PCI-E version of it :|

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It does look pretty damn good, shame about the vid quality.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Far Cry was a crap story - AI wasn't astounding but it was a great game. You do seem to rush to judge things very early on, Aada - it's no where near finished afaik.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
FuzzyLogic said:
Probably be wanting that PhysX card to be able to run everything if the physics are as good as their touting.

Would be nice if the company made a PCI-E version of it :|

They are using Havoc for physics if I recall correctly, I prefer that as well really, don't want to be forced into buying extra add-in cards just to play games. Would rather they have a box you can tick for dual core machines where the physics is all offloaded onto the second core.

rynnor

Rockhound
cHodAX said:
They are using Havoc for physics if I recall correctly, I prefer that as well really, don't want to be forced into buying extra add-in cards just to play games. Would rather they have a box you can tick for dual core machines where the physics is all offloaded onto the second core.

Aye PhysX is just an additional processor - this all reminds me of the very early days of 286/386's when the maths co-processors came out - initially they were an optional add on but they soon became a standard part of motherboards - if its sucessfull the same will go for these physics processors.

However you have to wonder if this is properly thought through - you could have dozens of processors in the end for every different process the cpu does :)

Whether you see any great difference in performance depends on how well the games are coded - still it sounds good :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
All very well and good it just looks, as has been said previously, just like Farcry. Weapon addons? You're in a massive firefight, you need to stop for a moment, spend half an hour navigating through your weapon modification system to take off the silencer and find a 'nade. Continuity surely needs to take some precedence here.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
So thats what we'll need 1200W PSUs and 4 graphics cards for.

Video quality is pretty poor, but the game looks stunning. If it plays as good as it looks on 'realistic' hardware, nah, forget it, Im dreaming :twak:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Throwing this question to the masses; how does this nifty fully interactive environment work with LAN / multiplayer, surely the netcode would have to keep ever single trunk / leaf / tree / object in sync across everyone's session?

Surely that'll be a massive overhead for servers?

Dread to see how a 32 player game would pan out. :eek7:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps they'll leave it client side - and hope that the majority of the cases the clients will calculate things the correct way.

Though I bet that's going to result in some serious warping/sudden death when a tree falls away from you only the server thinks different.

rynnor

Rockhound
nath said:
Perhaps they'll leave it client side - and hope that the majority of the cases the clients will calculate things the correct way.

I really cant see them using this stuff - I know Warhammer online is being written for compatability but theres just no way youll see this in mass pvp - its bad enough just coping with the graphics overload of dozens of chars plus their spell effects... If they added in scenery degrading due to players actions the thing would seize up.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What really annoyed me about Farcry was how you could be shot by somebody or something that was actually impossible to see, as it was too far into 'the distance fog'.

This game looks verrrnice though :)

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
It's a shame most of us will have to tone down the graphics and AI to get a decent game experiance, in which case, here's a preview:

pitfall.gif

:(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hey, Pitfall was a great game. I can still remember the tune....."Da da dada daaaaaa dooo doo..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom