Student Loans

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Yes I'm a student and yes I'm gonna complain about the loans.

In my final year at the moment and am expecting the final installment on the 27th of april, that being the largest portion of the loan out of the lot. Anyonelse at uni think this is just completely ridiculous? Seriously, 8 months to live on around £2800 and then, £1500 for the last what, 20 days? What imbecile decided that was a good idea...

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Indeed it is - I can think of several reasons. Maybe it's to encourage people to have some left over to tide them over getting a job. Maybe it's to encourage people to begin paying off straight away if they see they still have a lump sum in the bank. Or it would be good for those without a car/licence to get on with getting that sorted.

Or maybe it's a sneaky tactic by institutions as you have to build up credit card debts waiting for that money and then pay it off after they've collected their interest. I know by that last instalment I had spanked my credit card so it was me in that case!

I agree though - totally fooking silly timing. :(

- English -

Resident Freddy
well I get enough during term times. 900 student loan, and 1200 mainteance grant. On the 27th i get the same, which ties me up nicely over summer. Ill be starting my placement in summer well which is more money. Btw I do (did now) have a part time job during my 2nd year at uni which gave me an extra 80quid a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom