Stroke of luck

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I had a little bit of luck at the weekend

Driving down the a13 was going a little fast, 50mph on a 40mph road. Was a completely empty road so no massive deal. Next thing i see is me crossing over the dreaded camera lines, looked down and thought shit im doing 50, no flash hmmm. Looked to my left and i was passing a massive lorry completely blocked me from the camera hahah

Good times.

For the record thats the first time ive sped past a camera, i dont usually speed too much not the kind of driver that horses 70mph in a 30 zone. I just think 40mph on an empty road like the a13 is pointless, no houses, schools or anything on it, no pedestrians at all

Laddey

FH is my second home
I had a little bit of luck at the weekend

Driving down the a13 was going a little fast, 50mph on a 40mph road. Was a completely empty road so no massive deal. Next thing i see is me crossing over the dreaded camera lines, looked down and thought shit im doing 50, no flash hmmm. Looked to my left and i was passing a massive lorry completely blocked me from the camera hahah

Good times.

For the record thats the first time ive sped past a camera, i dont usually speed too much not the kind of driver that horses 70mph in a 30 zone. I just think 40mph on an empty road like the a13 is pointless, no houses, schools or anything on it, no pedestrians at all

Ah lucky you man!

Cameras cant get you on the other side of the road, is this correct? Also WHY do they have the hatch markins on the opposite side to the camera? Oo

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Nah cameras cant get you if you approach them from the other side. Ive also heard they are set up for one lane, so for example on a 3 lane road they only look on one lane due to angles and everything. Not sure if thats true or not

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The new ones don't flash, so that is no guarantee.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
The one i sped past was one of the old massive boxes not the smaller ones

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Gatso cameras scan across all the lanes and some even have 2 beams to determine if a car or a HGV has gone past. The lines on the road are for verification. There are no hard and fast rules about the line spacing, but it is usually 3ft, 1m, 5ft or 2m with a time interval of 0.5s or 0.7s. The primary radar and the second check need to agree to within 10% of each other. If one says 35mph and the other says 40mph then the evidence is inadmissible in court, EVEN IF you were speeding, and the police will try to bully you into admitting your guilt.

Some gatsos are reversible so that explains why you see the lines on both sides of the camera. Most "old" gatsos only fire when you're moving away from them, while some newer ones like truvelos fire in your face as you approach them. Mobile laser cameras can hit you coming or going so watch out if you see one on the other side of the road facing away from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom