Strength for a BD..?

Z

Zebolt

Below is my SC config report as it looks now. Is there any point switching items so that I can gain more strength? How important is it?

Stats:
Str: 0 Int: 0 Hits: 247
Con: 87 Pie: 76 Power: 4
Dex: 75 Cha: 0
Qui: 0 Emp: 0

Resists:
Body: 32 Energy: 26 Crush: 26
Cold: 33 Matter: 27 Thrust: 26
Heat: 27 Spirit: 26 Slash: 31

Skills:
11 Darkness, 11 Suppression

Focus:
50 Bone Army Focus, 50 Suppression Focus, 50 Darkness Focus

K

klavrynd

if you're a kibi you won't be rooted if you get str debuffed, only reason i can see atm

Z

Zebolt

Ofc Im a Kobbie. I was thinking more of dmg output with my staff but maybe it's such a small difference it won't notice?

It shouldn't matter too much to be rooted tho, It's awfull for my Runie, but BD's works in melee aswell so it doesn't matter as much anyway but maybe you are right...

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Zebolt
Ofc Im a Kobbie. I was thinking more of dmg output with my staff but maybe it's such a small difference it won't notice?

It shouldn't matter too much to be rooted tho, It's awfull for my Runie, but BD's works in melee aswell so it doesn't matter as much anyway but maybe you are right...

Staffs are 100% dex based weapons, so strength wont help at all with your damage

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by klavrynd
if you're a kibi you won't be rooted if you get str debuffed, only reason i can see atm

That can't happen anymore can it?

Afaik no :E

D

Damon_D

nope they changed it in some patch..maybe we aint got it yet..but its defo getting changed so it wont happen

F

-foadon-

u can only get debuffed to your statsmax (so only buffs can get debuffed)
str can be useful if u want to carry pots or smt :) or extra items for charges, u can still get str debuffed if ur enc when unbuffed

B

Bagloor

<Shakes he's head at Zebolt and points at the Newbies section of the forum> :p

L

Lubricador

they changed the str thingie last patch .
If i were you i wont put str in the sc template , you dont need it and to the guy saying staves are 100% dex he is right

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by Lubricador
they changed the str thingie last patch .
Happened to me about 30 min ago, had 10 str :/

S

Sharma

Anyone given any thought to carrying things?

50 str start for kobbies, +10 extra, unbuffed thats going to be a problem for carrying stuff isnt it? :|

L

Lubricador

Happened to me about 30 min ago, had 10 str :/

read last patch notes , its said there .

My runie has been debuffed showing strengh in red colours and i did move without problems

F

-foadon-

its liek this : your enc isnt the same as your str when it comes to debuffing:
enc will still remain the same when u are unbuffed and get debuffed, when u are buffed u get more enc, if u get debuffed when buffed the debuff will work on your str to go into red, but your enc wont go below your selfstr enc, this means basestr+ item/armor strstat

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by Sharma
Anyone given any thought to carrying things?

50 str start for kobbies, +10 extra, unbuffed thats going to be a problem for carrying stuff isnt it? :|
Like what? Can't carry a ram even how much str you provide on the template. I really can't think of anything else I wanna carry... I think...?

Were you thinking of anything special or just over all?

B

Bagloor

Can't carry a ram even how much str you provide on the template.

Maybe if you get Lifter 5 :D

F

-foadon-

can carry pots/totems/staffs with special charges etc, still u dont need str as bd, no need to start getting MP stuff or anything

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by -foadon-
no need to start getting MP stuff or anything
It is mp stuff :p

Cool, didn't know overcaping con was good for anything, thanx for the tip :)

H

Harm

You can't be debuffed below your unbuffed encumbrance value any more, so the only reason to make a troll is to show people that you're a BD straight away (if they manage to miss your pets).

Staves use 100% dex to determine wskill, so you would cause less damage. Additionally trolls will hit alot slower with their 35 qui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom