Strangely Important issue regarding Loughborough University SU Funding

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
OK, one housemate got into some stupid drunken bet with another about 'who had the best student union' or something stupid. It apparently culminated in £10 being on the line if housemate #2 (loughboro student) turns out to be correct that: "Loughborough SU recieves no financial support from the University itself". Apparently this makes it 'better'. Fuck knows.

Anyway, while the subject matter means nothing to me, if housemate #1 can't prove that Loughborough SU does recieve backing by the end of the day housemate #2 will brag and brag and brag and this house will be unbearable. I don't give a damn about #1's money, but the thought of #2 marching round the house in a self-important frenzy of rightiousness makes baby Jesus cry (yes, it is as sad as it sounds).

Sooo, can anyone assist. Confirmation (one way of the other) as to which is right and (ideally) some flavour of printable proof...

Sorry about this... ;)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
as far as i was aware not many unions received funds from teh uni except maybe the rent for the building and thats it

babs

Can't get enough of FH
These people don't have 2 minutes and google??

This, from a very aptly named page.

5. Annual Grants and Subscriptions

An annual grant is paid by the Constituent Colleges to the Union, on behalf of their students in return membership of the Union.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Just to add me tuppence worth. Lboro's SU is the best I've been in. But it has to be since it's a one-horse town :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom