Strange stuff, bugged RP awarding ?

P

Puppetmistress

When I was grouped awhile ago I heard some Middies didn't get any or very low RP when they killed our group.

As a result I watched abit if it happened to me too and when I was watching RP awarding I noticed some strange stuff. Sometimes I got RP out of the blue when no one died or even when a realmmember/groupmember died (!!!).

The first 2 screenshots can be when an Alb kills a Mid (or a Mid an Alb) which my group touched too. That way I dont get a dead-message, but should get RP.

The last 3 screenshots are screenshots where groupmembers dies and I get RP.

Anyone else noticed strange stuff lately?

http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?gallery=194&user=72

F

Fafnir

Was sitting afk with my shaman in mpkE while cleaning my apartment, when i got back i had like 20 msg you get 1 rps etc.

One time down in spindel i saw XXX was just killed by a terra crab, you are awarded xxx rps

H

hangianix

Yep. Somehow the solo and no rp bug disappeared (at least for me).

If you damaged someone and died after it, your rp counter on that foe should be cancelled, maybe it's not working properly, that's why you get rp's when other realm kill it and probably that's why get the member of the 3rd realm ridiculously low rp's.

No clue about rp's for grp member dying. Tho it's good one, rp for die, rp for rezz, heaven! :D

S

Sharma

Yeah, when i was playing my zerk anytime we killed an eclipse group we would get ~2rp each kill.

All other hibs would still give roughly 200rp to each member of an 8 man group.

/ponder

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Sharma
Yeah, when i was playing my zerk anytime we killed an eclipse group we would get ~2rp each kill.

All other hibs would still give roughly 200rp to each member of an 8 man group.

/ponder

It is strange indeed, but I heard the same when I played with the group in my screenshots.

Sometimes I get some mana-potions from the vault in DL and then jump off the wall so it saves me some stair-walking time. But surely that cannot reduce RP can it ?

It also doesnt explain why I get RP for groupmembers who die and tossing around an instaheal :)

H

hangianix

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
It also doesnt explain why I get RP for ... and tossing around an instaheal :)
I'm sure someone was killed at the same moment.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by hangianix
I'm sure someone was killed at the same moment.

3 times a Mid kills an Alb (or Alb kills Mid) at the exact same time a groupmember dies?

This is not something I collected in months and months of RvR, this is off 6~ hours RvR (!!) and I bet I missed a few because I am not always overlooking RP after a fight. Just when I had time for it and remembered it (after some remarks from Mids telling us we didnt give any serious RP).

Well you believe what you want, I think its bugged.

H

hangianix

3 times a Mid kills an Alb (or Alb kills Mid) at the exact same time a groupmember dies?

Nope. I referred to the insta heal thing. Read my 1st post and you will see I also said it's a bug :rolleyes:

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by hangianix
Nope. I referred to the insta heal thing. Read my 1st post and you will see I also said it's a bug :rolleyes:

Aha.. Yes I understand you now. Its what I mean with my first post with:

The first 2 screenshots can be when an Alb kills a Mid (or a Mid an Alb) which my group touched too. That way I dont get a dead-message, but should get RP.

:)

While I am not complaining (ofcourse) I do agree something is indeed wrong when a groupmember dies I get RP. Hell I even let people die in my group to get RP and then resurrect them for more RP :victory: :)

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by etaew
Hmmmmmm

In Barrows.. a Dungeon.. In Alb... <coughs>

Might have been the duel-bug, where you got RP in some cases when you duelled a realm-member ?

E

etaew

nope just logged on hit some mobs in barrows and got that msg :)

P

PainLady

When I was grouped awhile ago I heard some Middies didn't get any or very low RP when they killed our group.

As a result I watched abit if it happened to me too and when I was watching RP awarding I noticed some strange stuff. Sometimes I got RP out of the blue when no one died or even when a realmmember/groupmember died (!!!).

The last 3 screenshots are screenshots where groupmembers dies and I get RP.

Anyone else noticed strange stuff lately?

http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?gallery=194&user=72

Hapeend to me a few times Pupps after 2 hours in AC went odin and a few sec after port i got 24 rp dunno from who dunno why.

Y

Yuffy

i used to get 2 sets of rps/bps/xp
when i would solo kill another player

ie
you killed *some muppet*
you get 930 rps
you get 200 bps
you get blah XP
you get 840 rps
you get 100 bps
you get blah again XP

not complainin tho :>

A

ashitaka

If you get rps "when noone dies" thats probably because:

You, a Hib, spank a Mid but the Mid doesn't die. Later that Mid is killed by an Alb. You don't see the deathspam cause its noone from your realm involved in the death, but you get rps anyhow.

O

old.Bubble

Once i was waiting to port on sauvage pad when i fell dead killed by a Viking Archer?!?
My group all got 250rps each

O

opoc

Sometimes if you duel with a realm-mate and then they die and stuff you can get rps i've seen that happen :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread