Strange ping problems

S

Sugarplumhippo

Having suffered from awful lag and regular LDs for the last two weeks I decided to see where the problem was. But I can't find anything wrong with my connection - I have a ping tracer graph program in the background and the ping never gets worse than 40ms. Last time I went LD I had an average ping of 24ms.

My connection is going through a company firewall (no idea what) but before two weeks ago I had a perfect connection (and nothing significant has happened in the last two weeks) :(

Any idea what causing the trouble? Why it only affects the DAoC packets and not the ping packets?

Thanks,

P

Pixie.Pebr

Have no idea....
Your boss dislike you and reconfigured the firewall? :p

*wraps thread up in christmasy christmasgift giftwrap and carries it to the techy forum*

L

lakih

If you are useing BBB (BredBandsBolaget) as ISP you might want to sheck out This thread.
Otherwise i cant help you :(

:m00:

S

stu

Originally posted by Sugarplumhippo
Any idea what causing the trouble? Why it only affects the DAoC packets and not the ping packets?

Because they use a different port and protocol, probably?

C

cantho

Ping uses ICMP packets, which might be allowed because your networkadmin likes to troubleshoot remote users or so. Imho,
allow ICMP in and/or out is bad idea.

However, they will have looked into FW logs and saw that you play instead of working ... *BUSTED* :clap:

B

bishibosh

I have been getting evil lag from home for the last few weeks, not firewalled. Go on, red dot for about 5-10 mins, then LD. It sometimes works normally the second time i log in for some reason

S

Sugarplumhippo

Ok, thanks guys. I'll just have to restrict my playing to when I'm at home :eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom