Strange Message in Camp Forest

J

Javai

OK I ned to go get the screen shot to get the exact text but the drift of it was that I heard alot of rumbling, the sound of battledrums and there are alot of troops hiding in the trees.....and yes my level 17 Cleric WAS scared :)

G

Graknak

Part of the lvl 40 orso epic from the Academy.

X

--xion--

well that solves that then :p next..

damn was hopign that was part of the event :p

I

Israfael

Errrmm... That's not the text that comes with the 40 academy epic.. that's a rumbling in the distance and a clap of thunder as you get teleported..

NOTHING about drums mentioned, or troops in the trees.

X

--xion--

o o o O O case opened again ...

hmm well exactly where was this ill check it out to see if i get it?
and em that sound really cool but did u see any of the troops?

K

Kagato.

Case closed again, its just the text message from a different quest, can't remember the name but it is a quest thing. There was a thread about it before sometime in the past.

I

Israfael

Ah right, I just knew it wasn't the academy epic. Soz :p

O

old.Cotta

Hmmmm i also gotten that message when leaving campa forrest:
Something bout big troops approaching and hiding in the trees.
Another guildmate ( a scout) got the same msg.
I took screenie , if u want to ill show it...

V

Verena

I posted it on the prydwen/albion board too including a screenshot.

event1.jpg

I play a minstrel myself and the lvl40 epic also sends a message through the forest but this is different. It's related to the events but to what extend I haven't got a clue. :)

I

Israfael

I didn't think it was part of a quest.

Someone on the Pryd boards also found a nice little swarm of ogres - killed an ogre beserker and got attacked by 10 more.

If you're positive it came from a quest - which one is it?

J

Javai

As far as I'm aware only the person on the quest gets the text if its quest related, my baby cleric certainly wasn't on a quest in that area at the time. The text from the screenshot is it so no need for me to fetch my own screen shot.

As for questions, I looked in the trees but couldn't see anything...I assumed they were hiding well :)

O

old.Cotta

About those ogres, i found a whole camp of them recently ( all grey) and never saw them before. They could have been there for a while because nobody really explores the forrest.
Maybe we should start searching the forrest for NPC's?

S

-Steph-

When i got a message leaving Cam it was in a pop up box thingie and not written in blue letters.

Maybe all the events messages are in pop up boxes?

I

Israfael

Someone who experienced the lyonesse event - was that a popup box or blue letters?

I think the camelot one may be in a popup box to get your attention more... Who knows though.

It's just a bit too co-incidental that Prydwen gets the same blue message as we do at the same time..

X

Xgkkp

Well, I came online to find out what it was, and found this thread at the top. :) Someone beat me to it I guess.

I'll post the text anyways....

'A Shrill scream disturbs suddenly the peace of the forest. After a little while the dull echoes of war drums start resounding. Numerous troops are moving under the cover of the foilage...'

Wierd, huh?

X

--xion--

hmm weird.. i dont think we should leave this...you said when leaving camp forest you got the message..was this into avalon marsh or sails plains? ill take a look maybe it only works with some classes huh? And camp forest is way too large to explore it all isnt it? unless we make a serch party lol

O

old.Cotta

When u leave campa to plains , i think u get it then. But there isnt much around there i think.

K

Kagato.

Those ogres are probably from the event, I could be wrong but I do know there was an event in camp forest that involved some special ogre rampaging through the forest gathering up more troops to attack Caer Ulwych. I missed the event myself (and it was to low level for me anyway) but it did happen supposedly, maybe that is what you saw?

However that is fairly recently and the message text you refer to has been happening for a long long time so I don't think the two are related. But you never know.

:confused:

O

old.Ramas

On the subject of pop up boxes and blue writing...

Blue writing messages (broadcast messages) always go to everyone in that zone atthat time - whether they are involved in the event that caused it or not. So I don't think it's likely to be triggred when you pass any particular point in camp forest - more likely everyone in the zone at a specific moment recieved it.

This is why everyone in camp forest hears the lvl 40 academy epic message whether they are on the quest or not.

You've probably seen this guild chat exchange countless times before...

[Guild] Noobozar: I just got a weird message - something about a clap of thunder in camp forest.
[Guild] Tiredoldgit: Don't worry it's just some wizard epic thing. Bloody wizards - always wandering about blowin stuff up; no respect for keeping the peace.

The pop up box is used whenever a personal message is triggered by a game action. In this case walking through Cam East gate. GOA presumably use the pop up box if they want everyone to see a message, but don't care when they see it, but the blue messages herald a time related thing.

I can almost guarantee the message mentioned in this thread is *not* part of any quest - we had a few people in guild report it at different times last night, but no-one had ever seen it previously.

J

Javai

The message appears as you leave Caer Ulf, not sure if it matters in what direction but I was headed for Keltoi at the time

H

Hit ^_^

Ogre camp has been there for ages.
might be more now tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom