Strange Camelot Problem

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Hi All

Just acquired a rather odd problem I was wondering if you guys could help me with.

Every now and then my camelot client enters a phase where it freezes...then I click off Camelot in the windows tray below and maximise it again (kind of like alt and tabbing) then it unfreezes.

Its like I am sending it into the background behind another program, but most of the time daoc is the only program running. I would reboot and the problem would go, now this used to happen once an evening or something.

Now however it is happening frequently, even sticking after reboots, and it becomes unplayable.

Any Ideas?

punchy

Fledgling Freddie
I had something similar, was dual booting with two instances of ToA on my HDD. One kept performing like you mentioned so I copied over it with the "good" instance and problem went away. Could be a case of windows crapping up a file somewhere in your DAoC install? Maybe re-install it?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
You maybe have something else trying to run on your system ?

I know my anti-virus update has nasty effects, though I'm currently living with it, as it doesn't force an LD like the early Camelot versions.

Darzil

Nichii

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same problem, rarely tho, screen freeze's 99%, the tricky thing is my Compas still moving and i can hear my footstep's ingame, thinking wtf?

Oh well, it's not happening so often to me, so atm im not intend to do so much about it, but when i thappend's i minimize, and maximize and it work's again :cheers:

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
i also got this problem, but to me it happens every 5sec or so, when i checked task manager it says 1 game session (dual accounts) uses 350mb memory while other only use 55mb :/ no idea how to fix this, but sure like to know, changing priority only screwes up whole computer (makes it pause 3sec every 6sec or so)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom