Games Storytelling game theory

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't say that i agree with a lot of the statements there, but there are some opinions i find interesting and that have to be remembered.

On a key note, if asked, i'd put forward that gamer developers don't allocate enough resources and thought on the story integration. Sometimes due to not knowing how important it can be and sometimes simply because there's no time.

Then again, also have to remember that not all titles require a story and that's where a lot of "bad stories" come from; forced story integration.

I don't think storytelling ever left, it's just been in different format, perhaps hidden and free to interpret as you wish.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Well half the games are already made before the story gets fleshed out so the story often has to work around the game dynamics they want to show off (at least thats what i have read)
I have been watching this, i find it very informative and generally spot on personally
The Escapist : Video Galleries : Extra Credits

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Extra credits is a hit&miss, some of the stuff is spot on, some are very itneresting, but some show a bit of the artsy side of the crew. Which is fine, it's their show, their style and their opinion ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Extra credits is a hit&miss, some of the stuff is spot on, some are very itneresting, but some show a bit of the artsy side of the crew. Which is fine, it's their show, their style and their opinion ;)
Yeah i watch it more as a piece for ideas rather than a white sheet/chronology
But you are making games which is a creative medium, surely that's the best place to learn from? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i watch it more as a piece for ideas rather than a white sheet/chronology
But you are making games which is a creative medium, surely that's the best place to learn from? :)

True, it gives a fresh perspective to things and any new perspective helps with creating a new and interesting concept.

I tend to watch all of them just for that reason; any idea spawns 10 new ones.

I'm actually designing a game right now which is absed on one line of one game review, meant as a joke, thought it might make a nice game. Ofcourse i should also make the game, but that's a future problem :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom