story

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Long but worth it IMO!
from: DDR Freak :: View topic - Names have been changed (TRUE STORY)

I met Stacy at a Motorhead concert. It was dumb luck that I got a ticket - the concert was sold out for months, but I was able to get a ticket through someone on my college's DC++ network. I hopped on the train a few minutes after purchasing the ticket, and headed to New York City. I got to the venue, in Manhattan, a few hours before the show started, so I bought a beer and waited in the second row. While I was standing in the audience, Stacy came up to me and began a conversation - something about how she felt like we were the only two people of age to buy alcohol. I chuckled at her comment, and we began to talk.We danced all night. After the concert, we went out to get some food, and ended up going back to her apartment in Brooklyn. The next morning, we go out for breakfast, and I go back to school. Over the next several weeks, we began seeing each other on the weekends, and talking on the phone and internet daily.

A week after meeting her, she told me that she had small cell carcinoma which had spread to her liver, and that doctors wouldn't give her more than a few weeks to live. Naturally, this came as an enormous shock to me, but I made the decision to stick around. She didn't have many friends in Brooklyn - she had recently moved from Nebraska and wasn't close with her family, so I made the decision that I'd stick around and hold her hand in her remaining time left. We continued to see each other over the next few weeks, but the subject matter of our conversations was often related to her death. She wished to be euthanized rather than die of lung cancer, which I understood. A slow, painful death shouldn't be the fate of anybody. She still had her health, though. We'd go to parties and out to movies. We'd walk the streets of New York, go to museums, and out to eat. While I knew that she was dying, I was surprised by how healthy she was.

One night, I was at school, watching a performance for a music class, when I got a text message from her. She was admitted into Bellevue hospital in Manhattan, coughing up blood. She was terrified that the cancer had taken a turn for the worse, so I immediately left the performance and went to New York to see her. She appeared weak and pale, but still had her sense of humor. I sat by her side until the morning, waiting for test results and scans to be performed. After hours of waiting, a doctor came and told her that he was concerned about her appendix, but that a CT scan showed no sign of cancer. She brushed this off, telling him that she'd been to a number of hospitals, and some couldn't find the cancer, although Sloan-Kettering could. I don't know that much about cancer, so I assumed that her oncologist knew what he was talking about. I was suspicious about this, but I didn't make anything of it. She was released but had difficulty walking, so I took her home and made sure she was alright. I stayed the night and left in the morning.

Last Monday, after spending the weekend in New York with her, she called me. We had discussed her plans for New Years, how she was going to visit a friend in New Jersey, and that she had plane tickets for Tuesday to go back to Nebraska to visit friends. However, when she called me, she told me to say goodbye, because she was going to kill herself that night. I was shocked, but because I didn't have her home address, I wasn't able to call the police. I stayed on the phone for as long as I could, trying to keep her conscious and imploring her to call someone to help her. She didn't want to, and eventually we lost a connection and I wasn't able to call her again.

The next day, I woke up and began to back my things to go back home for the winter break. While I was packing, I got a text message from her phone from someone named Mark, telling me that at 5 AM, she called him rambling incoherently about me. When he came to her apartment, she was unconscious on the floor. She was admitted into the hospital, but he said that doctors didn't know one way or another whether or not she was going to be alright. He gave me a phone number to contact him at, since her phone was running out of batteries and would soon be dead. I called the number, but there was no response. I was worried at this point - I didn't know if she was alive or dead. I knew she was going to die, but this didn't seem right. It was too sudden.

Later that night, I get a phone call from her. She'd been admitted into a Manhattan hospital, but didn't have much to say. I tried to make conversation, but all of her responses were very terse, and she told me she wasn't up fro talking. I got off the phone with her, relieved that she was okay. A few hours later, she called me again, this time more talkative. She sounded incredibly depressed. She was talking about not wanting to be alive anymore, that everything was hopeless, and that it would never end. "It", she later explained, was her psychotic ex-boyfriend, Daniel.

She began telling me about Daniel. Apparently, when she was 16, she dated Daniel for two years. He was abusive during their relationship, and psychotic afterwards. He stabbed her, killed her pets, broke into her house, and stole $40,000 dollars from her and her family. The timing of all of these events is still not understood by me, but she fled Nebraska and went to Idaho to live with a new boyfriend, Christopher. Daniel followed her to Idaho, so she moved back to Nebraska. Daniel followed her back to Nebraska. At some point, he was charged with a crime against her, but he managed to pull an insanity plea and got out of it. He was later caught breaking into her house, and was sentenced to two years. Stacy was given the option, by the judge, to release him into his parent's custody in Portland and work off the $40,000 he owed Stacy and her family. She accepted this, but left Portland and followed her to Brooklyn.

She goes on to elaborate. Apparently, Daniel is, using her words, a "criminal mastermind". He's a trust fund baby, having all of the funds necessary to bail himself out of jail, and has connections going high up enough to get him out of most trouble he could get himself into. He's able to hack into pretty much any computer system imaginable, and has done so several times. Every cell phone (six, at present) has been compromised and information has been used to get her location to find her. The man is clearly mentally disturbed, yet incredibly powerful.

So she's in the hospital, telling me about Daniel, and how he was in New York, looking for her. He called one of her roommates and was able to get the hospital she was in, and came to the hospital. She was terrified, understandably. I told her that doctors would be able to get protection for her, but she didn't want to - she feared that if she told anyone, she'd be killed. We were on and off the phone and AIM for the next two or so hours - her boss had brought her laptop to her at the hospital. At some point during the night, I get an email from Daniel addressed to both me and Stacy, telling be that she'll be raped. Stacy calls me seconds later, apologizing for dragging me through this. I begged her to talk to someone about it, but she didn't want to. Eventually she gave in, and I went to bed.

The next morning, I find her online. We start talking - she's in much better spirits, all things considered. She talked to a nurse who said that because of the holiday season, there's no counselors available and that one would contact her as soon as possible. We talk some more about things that we had discussed over the phone. The last time I was in New York, I left a sweatervest at her apartment, and she offered to mail it to me if I would give her my address. Considering the power that Daniel wields over computers, I declined her offer. I didn't want to allow him to get any more information about my self other than my email address. Soon afterwards, I get a phone call from Stacy, telling me that she just signed onto AIM and that her screen name was logged in already. She tells me not to giver her any more information.

By now, I'm certain that the story is bogus. I'm thinking this girl is a compulsive liar, if not much worse. Small cell cancer is incredibly, ridiculously rare in a 21 year old nonsmoker. Even if she started smoking at ten years old, it's still more likely to give birth to conjoined twins. Beyond this, the CT scan at Bellevue didn't show signs of cancer. If cancer is present, it's a mass. It exists. It shows up on a scan. To scan a pair of lungs that have cancer and to not find cancer is akin to scanning a leg and not finding a femur. It doesn't happen. It's also incredibly suspicious that a girl would attempt suicide in Brooklyn and have an ambulance take her to Manhattan. A suicide attempt would place you in a psychiatric ward, which doesn't allow cell phones or laptops. Someone placed in a psychiatric ward who has a stalker in the hospital - someone who has terminal cancer - wouldn't be released after 30 hours in the hospital.

At a friends house, I wonder if the business card she gave me was for a job she actually had. I'm curious if her name is even Stacy. I feel like a mark for someone attempting identity theft. I go to her companies website, hoping (for some foolish reason) to find an employee list. Obviously, nothing is there. So, I figure a google search might find something. I type her name into the search engine, and I'm surprised to see what comes up.

Lincoln Police Department Most Wanted List. Stacy is a wanted felon in the state of Nebraska. $60,000 in bad checks, forgery, and retail theft. I've heard rumors of identity theft, as well. The google search also brings up a message board, where Christopher writes about how HE was swindled out of $30,000+ and had his lawn destroyed. He says that she has a long history of faking pregnancies, diseases (such as cancer), and suicide attempts. Christopher writes that she was also planning another check fraud scheme. I don't know if I was a target in this next scheme.

Obviously I'm not still talking to her. She texted me a few times in the past couple of days but I haven't responded. I contacted the Lincoln Police Department and attempted to contact the NYPD, but the NYPD gave me the runaround. Christmas Eve isn't the biggest day to catch a felon, I suppose. Now I'm waiting on a call back from a detective from the LPD. Hopefully I get a call.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I'm more of an ITG guy myself! :p

Sorry, I cba to read all that :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Wall Of Text Critically Hits you for 29991(881) damage!
Pikeh is killed by Urglufs Wall Of Text!

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Like you guys have anything better to do. but ok, its fair enough

Mey

Part of the furniture
Jist of story.

Guy meets girl
Guy has sex with girl
Guy starts relationship
Girl tells guy she is dieing of cancer
Guy believes here and plays along
Girl tells guy she wants to commit suicide
Girl does gets admitted to hospital
Girl tells guy she has a crazy ex
Crazy ex is crazy
Guy clocks on to the fact its a tall tale
Googles girl, finds out she is on the Most wanted list for Fraud etc..
Guy calls it in, and is waiting for a phone call back from the LPD detectives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom