Storming the Gates

B

Balbor

Ok we all know that you shouldn't use a bug to access another realms safe zone, but how about doing it the old faction way, getting enough people and invading fight your way in past the uber guards and waiting for the doors to open? Anyone know if using a none cheating way to access and enemy realm is outlawed?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I think all the ways are just plain naughty and GOA won't stand for it. Fair enough if they cheated to get through but storming the gates like that should be more than fair. Its not as if many people will actually make it through. :D

K

kemor

Getting in the "inner" part of an ennemy realm is forbidden, no matter how you do it. We stand with Mythic on this one.

F

Fafnir

Think it would require the entire server to get thru a bk. Or just be dam lucky with all the gates opening just at the right time. But i guess albs would have it easier with SoS, IF the first 2 gates opened.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I had someone propose this idea to me a year ago. I'm as against it now as I was then.

S

SilverHood

what would be fun, is if we (mids) could become an alb for a day, sorta like a tourist thing.... wandering about, exploring albion, grouping and chatting to albs... :D

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by kemor
Getting in the "inner" part of an ennemy realm is forbidden, no matter how you do it. We stand with Mythic on this one.

Why cant everyone at GOA be as commited as Kemor here, Sunday night eight-o-clock GMT and he's here posting things :)

Balbor, check the manual, it does state that the game can be played for just PvE and you do not have to venture into the frontier zones if you dont want to (cant see the point in that tho) Also check the CoC/EULA its stated there too.

H

hercules-df

i think it would be a nice thing to see, i reckon mids could get thru snowdonia w/ someone helping them by openning gates, its supposed to be war but its a bit silly not ebing able to attempt raids on enemy capitals, i would love to see camelot underseige from mids + mid npc guards (if done properly) i think the onl reason something similar wasent implremented is coz mythic knew the engine/servers were too shit to handle it. if not enemy realms attacking parts of our realm what about a proper seige by npcs, "not that so called invasion force they did last year" huge swarsm of bad npcs attacking CW or something could be great.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

if it was possible then they should have build the realms (albion atleast) the otherway around. low lvl area far away from the border and high lvl area at the borders

K

Kagato.

Since when have Mythic said its not allowed via direct assualt means kemor? I've even seen movies of them doing on the american servers, out of the entire army only about 5 got through but there was no problem with it. And those that did make it through didn't last long between the guards and enemy players on other side.

Kinda lame having the whole fancy boarderkeep and double portculis system if thats the case.

E

--Eraser--

what kagaato said...this is silly! if mythic had intended it really that way, i bet it wouldnt be a problem by prograamming the game code the way that u re not ablle to enter enemy homelands...but no, they made it possible / didnt set an extra barrier beside the large and strong borderkeeps...so please kemor make GOA rethink about this :clap:

still have this nice scene in mind from aladora's "hofa" video...hugh zerg on mids frontier keep....i wanna do this too!!!

C

Cheesehound

have tryed with a fg before, run straight up DL with sos, reach about 1-2 feet from the gate button and get teleported with "You have entered illgal area" back to your spawnpoint :\

L

living

actually NP made it tru the portal keep into hib land.. was a HUGE whine about it on BW cuz they roamed around.. they dident kill low lvls or high lvls unless they got attacked by em. as far as i know they dident get banned but its not like they had a chance of the hib zerg gathering to kill em anyway :]

And i still remember the early patches when u could stealth tru :]

edit: be4 i get flamed, i know they dident go tru the gates but they still had to run past the uber guards up on the wall ;]

F

Fightersuntzu

Yes, you get an illegal area thing if you try to enter a realms homeland nowadays.

In older days on US servers some realms zerg'd through border keeps, and CSRs teleported them out, told them that it wasnt illegal because of the way they entered but that they couldnt be allowed to wander around the inner realm :p

So, its pretty much impossible to get in and even if you could stay in you'd probably get removed, so focus sights elsewhere :)

E

--Eraser--

ah ok didnt know about the "illegal area" stuff, nm my post then...too bad :)

V

Validus

they should get rid of all of the npc guards in portal keeps if thats the case, would get rid of so much lag

B

Balbor

Originally posted by kemor

OK, so people that do it by exploiting a known bug will get a harsher punishment that any that do it via none cheating/bug exploits.

Someone repoted a Hib in Camelot hills last week, if this is true then i guess they used the but at Snowdonia and following the mini hib invation a few months ago the way to deal with these cheater is not acting as a good enough deterent.

BTW has the deleating of a cheating character ever been used, i mean replace with a new L50 but with 0 items, cash , RP and BP?

F

Fightersuntzu

Originally posted by Balbor
OK, so people that do it by exploiting a known bug will get a harsher punishment that any that do it via none cheating/bug exploits.

Someone repoted a Hib in Camelot hills last week, if this is true then i guess they used the but at Snowdonia and following the mini hib invation a few months ago the way to deal with these cheater is not acting as a good enough deterent.

BTW has the deleating of a cheating character ever been used, i mean replace with a new L50 but with 0 items, cash , RP and BP?

I'd say it depends on your actions whether you get banned or not. I know someone who found a zonewall bug, reported it to GOA after a bit of sightseeing and didnt have any problems. However, theres Sinister who sneaks into albion and snipes people at bindstones and such.

Entry into inner realm is as far as i know impossible. If there were actually hibs in albion, i would be mightily surprised - screenshots would be good :D

And why delete when you can permaban? much easier :p

Btw, i know im not Kemor, but ill do my best to provide decent answers :p

B

Balbor

um the hibs that did it were stupid (probably wanted to show off) enough to post there own pics on here of them sight seeing in Camelot hill. But if you can't find them i have my own of the hibs first zerging the bugged area, on the other side, running off, and finally in camelot hills.

L

lakih

The hibs who ran around camelot hills was part of an E&E team to test some bugs on a live server iirc.

Its illegal to enter an enemy homerealm... but what about the pk? Everyone knows its boring to camp a pk, but actually storm it... killing guards and the portaldudes (if possible) whould that be considerd against the coc and eula? Talking about enemy pk's in your own realm...

M

majingas

I think each relm should invade the other as an orgenised EVENT
at least once Id like to see this.

The Mids invade alb comming from the sea out of some big longboat modles.

The Albs Invade Hib in 'A Great Crusade' to destoy evil.

The Hibs invading Mid via a secret way into mirkwood.

The opposing realm could be forwarned and obviously when you die you cant get back and all invaders should be timed so that in say X hours when the timer runs out they teleport back automaticaly.

Now Goa that would be 3 propper events.

N

-Nxs-

Vote Home Invasion server on the polls.

Until then - keep out of enemy realms - or face the consequence.

O

old.job

I agree with Validus, whats the point of all those NPC's they just slow down an allready laggy area.

If entry is illegal, then they are just for show, if they can be targeted then attacking them should be OK, it may be illegal by the games rules ,but considering the amount of people who would have to be involved, I can't see GOA banning them all!!!!!!!

T

The Real Redi

heh! "back in the day" as it were, it was possible for the few trained to the absolute limits in stealth, to sneak into an enemy homeland when the gates opened, and the guards wouldn't spot em.

To hark back, for those who weren't in the realm at the time, i think it was Sinister, sneaked into albion - when the "**** was just killed by Sinister!" spams started churning out, virtually the whole realm came charging into the low level area hunting for him...

ahh, those were the days :clap:

R

Roo Stercogburn

The NPC guards do actually serve a purpose. They stop enemies from getting too close and give you a chance to deploy.

Think how many times worse PK camping would be if you could blast people apart right as they ported through. Its bad enough when people PK camp as it is without making it worse.

B

Balbor

yeah but its cool charging up and killing someones buffbot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom