storage of WONiDs

V

vuz

Right, I had the uber l337 idea that with our new automated system where everyone can log in and do wotever their position allows them to do that we cud store their WONiDs in the database alongside their name, email addys etc.
Obviously this wud not be viewable, however if a WONiD appeared twice a warning light wud flash and the BWTFCL police to the rescude.. sorted
The WONiDs wud be taken over time from servers, no probs as far as I can see:
- Its a great way to stop mercing/whoring
- There's no harm that can be done by us having the WONiDs
- Only me and 1 other trustworthy person wud have access to actually viewing the WONiDs
- Anyone can get your WONiD anyway by simply typing status in the console etc
- WP and UKTFCL already do it

Anyway, as is BWTFCL tradition [o_O!] we'd like your thoughts first: so if u agree with us storing WONiDs shout 'AYE' and if u disagree shout 'NAYE', preferably with reasons: thx :)

V

vuz

some say its against a law or wotever in france, thus we wud shuff a 'do u agree to us storing your WONiD, if not u may not enter' kinda thing on the join BWTFCL form :)

O

old.Biohazard

:( Isn't there some sort of Ref status on this board? :)

V

vuz

positive answers from Bio, but cud really do with more than 1 reply :p

O

old.CrazyCrane

It's already being done by UKTFCL and the WPTFCL and WP Ladder - so I don't see why not :).

Though to be honest a single, central, independant database would be better, though much harder to implement (usage-wise rather than coding-wise); you know, one that was common across all leagues etc.

V

vuz

aye, i thought about that but as u said, getting 3 leagues to use one system wud be fuck off hard...

O

old.CrazyCrane

3 leagues...

Only 3 leagues? Bugger that, why not go for a global system - I bet the American leagues would be interested as they're very hard on cheats etc. Initial population would be difficult, but not impossible I'd have thought.....

A

Atomic Rammer

Fade- observed me on a server with a wonid of 0 the other day. Whats that all about? and is it reproducable?

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Was it recently? Just prior to 1106, Valve changed the way the wonids work, going from 3 for each player to 1. During that change, they had a couple ppl running around with id 0, but it should have been fixed right around the time of the last patch.

A

Atomic Rammer

It was only lasy week if i remember right.

hmmmz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom