Stops sending monitor signal.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Having some serious trouble playing Warhammer on my Computer.

It is an old problem I have experienced before in other games BUT they all stopped once SP1 for vista was released, but now I encounter it here in Warhammer :(

Anyway, I load up the game and everything works fine, smooth and nice gfx, no lag or anything.
All of the sudden, sometimes after hours of playing, sometimes after 10 minuts, my screen goes black, it search for signal from digital and analog, while sounds remains in my headphones.
Then my screen goes into standby mode (no signal), still got sound.
Computer doesn't react to anything, only solution is to hard-kill it by disabling the power flow (i.e. pulling the plug or holding in the botton at the front of the tower)

System:

Vista Home 32bit
Intel Core Duo 2,4ghz
2 SLI GeForce GTS8600 256mb GFX cards.

Quite sure it is the GFX cards combined with Vista, tried overclocking my fans to run high speed all the time, if it was overheating, but doesn't seem to be the case.
Also considered underclocking my entire GFX cards.

But most of all, considering formatting and putting XP on the computer, which is a shame as I love Vista.

Just very odd, as I haven't had this bug since SP1 in any other game or task I stressed my computer through, so I know the problem was fixed for those games, wonder why it does it in WAR then...?

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
that is the sign of a crash with the nvidia drivers in other game that I have seen this problem it has came down to one of 3 problems.

1. the card is over heating due to single slot cooling
2. the card is over clocked and it causes problems (quick fix is to downclock the video ram 100-200mhz)
3. your drivers are out of date update to the newest driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom