stop the Warlock whine please...

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I've heard all the whines about warlock already.. and tbqh, it's making me sick to the stomach.
Sure, it's an op'd char, and it can almost instakill a character... 1.
Now compare this, for instance, with a duo of Bainshee's. They can kill an entire group in 1 second more then a warlock can kill 1 char.
Or how bout a Vampiir... he can kill an entire group on his own pausing halfway to smoke a cigarette... and cast while attacking in melee...

Only char that didn't come out just as strong is the heretic, but hey, atleast albies got the Zerg V Realmability on all their char's :p

Anyway... it's always the mids that get the nerfs. Getting really demoralizing now...

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Wow, another clueless post by Ingafgrinn, how novel. :rolleyes:

Another post from Belomar for the sake of it, how genuine.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry Inga, youve got a lvl 27 Warlock in your sig, this just looks like a , "I know its an overpowered char, so that makes me not lame by rolling one, right?" type thread.

And tbh, this sort of thread looks more like, i love the whine and the attention.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, the thing is, making a thread like this will just serve to increase the whine, not decrease it. The Warlock nerf is soon here, and that will certainly silence a few of the complaints and less Warlocks will be out in the frontiers.

As for the "clueless" part, if a solo Vampiir or a duo of Bainshees manages to wipe a full group, let alone routinely kill a single player in an FG, then the players in that group are clueless. For a Warlock, on the other hand, it is perfectly feasible to instakill a single member out of an FG with virtually no skill.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
Sorry Inga, youve got a lvl 27 Warlock in your sig, this just looks like a , "I know its an overpowered char, so that makes me not lame by rolling one, right?" type thread.

And tbh, this sort of thread looks more like, i love the whine and the attention.
If having a level 27 char should show one thing, it is that I like playing the char, but am not a person who instantly jumps on the bandwagon, and joins the PL-zerg to get it to 50 ASAP. Yea, I like playing a warlock, and it is overpowered, but so are the other catacombs characters.. but are there any QQ-threads about Bainshee's? are there any about Vampiirs? no... the only classes people repeatingly whine about, are Warlock, Bonedancer, Interrupting Summ Spiritmaster, Healer utility. There was a small time when there was some whine about the reaver being able to kill an entire zerg... but even that was in no comparison to the whine of other mid classes... I just get tired of always being whined on..

Belomar

Part of the furniture
And why do you think most of the whine in DAoC today is centered on Warlocks, pray tell?

Dorimor1

Banned
Bainshees cannot kill a full group in three seconds.
Vampiirs aren't even an OPed class, any decent merc or shield wielding tank will win against them.

So tbh you don't know what you're talking about.

But on topic, stop the warlock whine tbh.

And forgot to add, you are not lame if you roll a lame class, we, as players have the right to have access to any class we want and if we find that class fun, we have the right to enjoy it and play it until our hearts content.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Or how bout a Vampiir... he can kill an entire group on his own pausing halfway to smoke a cigarette... and cast while attacking in melee...

Lol, I wish. :D

If only I could, maybe id have passed rr3 by now.. :p

Arawnz

Fledgling Freddie
i find it funny to see that mids are the only ppl defending the warlocks!! :cheers:

well ofc they are, they dont meet a caster that insta kills you no matter what you do...

and dont give me the warlocks cant do nothing when their chambers are down... ive met loads of solo locks with no chambers, they still get me as they can cast 3 or 4 spells uninteruptable... now thats pure skill, right? :twak:

Dorimor1

Banned
Arawnz said:
and dont give me the warlocks cant do nothing when their chambers are down... ive met loads of solo locks with no chambers, they still get me as they can cast 3 or 4 spells uninteruptable... now thats pure skill, right?

You're common warlock will only have the Uninteruptable cast that costs 40-35% power so he/she will only be able to cast 2 of these unless they use artis, MLs or RAs. So please get a clue before you post assumptions like that

Zede

Part of the furniture
warlocks ? heck nobody really takes much notice of them tbh.

LoS abusing skilless bainshees.... now thats a different matter ! a class that needs no skill and has LoS all fucked up....remind you of another class anyone ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I've heard all the whines about warlock already.. and tbqh, it's making me sick to the stomach.
Now compare this, for instance, with a duo of Bainshee's. They can kill an entire group in 1 second more then a warlock can kill 1 char.

Only char that didn't come out just as strong is the heretic, but hey, atleast albies got the Zerg V Realmability on all their char's :p

Anyway... it's always the mids that get the nerfs. Getting really demoralizing now...

lol

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Arawnz said:
i find it funny to see that mids are the only ppl defending the warlocks!! :cheers:
so uve never seen a alb raise hell when hibs and mids were yelling for infil nerf? or minstrel nerf?

or u never seen a hib come to defend THEIR classes when albs and mids started yelling for chganter nerfs? or when the champs were THE badest tank to face in rvr? (pre BB'n'shit)

u need to open ur eyes mate. :twak:

Arawnz

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
so uve never seen a alb raise hell when hibs and mids were yelling for infil nerf? or minstrel nerf?

or u never seen a hib come to defend THEIR classes when albs and mids started yelling for chganter nerfs? or when the champs were THE badest tank to face in rvr? (pre BB'n'shit)

u need to open ur eyes mate. :twak:

sure i have, but have infs or mincers ever been able to insta kill 1, 2 or maybe even 3 other players each time they run into combat..?

im looking forward to the warlock nerf in 1.75 :sex: hope you lock players can show your real skills then :clap:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
yes warlocks are overpowered but nearly every single one ive run into has failed to drop my heretic in a single shot.

Frankly i wouldnt worry about warlocks 99% of the players suck arse and run around with 3 chambers instead of 2 and guarenteeing killing folk. :p

and how many warlocks know about RANGE PRIMER + NEARSIGHT.

Personally in the overall feel of things bainshees are far more overpowered they chuck out way to much damage way to quickly. Vamps just are unkillable because of power gain so you need at least a full group and they can dd through bodygaurd and guard so you cant even stop them doing damage.

Although ill just add i still dont care and find it funny that people are STILL whining about it :p

and anyway if the choice for midgard is

Warlock or Valkyrie i know which one i would have because ive got both and guess how crapola the valk actually is i only found out they are anoying to stealthers due to buff sheer. But ive basically NEVER killed anyone one on one fully buffed with my valkyrie as where i have killed quite a few people with my warlock.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'll have to say if I meet a Warlock in BG, I just run away, there quite simply is nothing else to do.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Lets take a look at the mid nerfs...LA, savages and now warlocks. Let's face it, if you lot didn't keep jumping on the OP bandwagons when they roll into town they wouldn't keep getting nerfed would they?

It's been stated many times that when a realm suddenly starts rolling a shit load of a particular class Mythic take note and a nerf will usually follow. Unfortunately Mids never seem bright enough to learn the lesson :p

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

try fight a warlock with purge3 solo and then tell me about it :puke:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Arawnz said:

Uhm, I am pretty sure that most Mids are annoyed with the Warlock class.

We wanted a pet spammer and an utility stealther. Instead we
- A caster that is best used solo (instead of a class that promotes people to group)
- A thane wanna-be Hybrid ... this time without the groupfriendly ML's.

So now we see people making classes that doesn't go well in a full group or completely ruins solo game play.

So to sum that up. No, most mids doesn't defend warlocks. Most mids feel pretty screwed over by the poor design Mythic did with the Midgard Catacombs classes.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Vamps just are unkillable because of power gain so you need at least a full group and they can dd through bodygaurd and guard so you cant even stop them doing damage.

There this thing called casters and slam y'know,if you need fg to kill solo vampiir i would suggest to get rid of those thid rogs and get something decent to wear on.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i think people have read you post, warlock: purge, release chambers, run away 800-900 RPs happier, carry on until rr10, easy.

If you do not think they the most over powered class ever, you;

a) dont play daoc

b) are blind

c) are really really stupid (i mean forest gump stupid)

d) work for mythic

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle said:
. Vamps just are unkillable because of power gain so you need at least a full group and they can dd through bodygaurd and guard so you cant even stop them doing damage.

Gotta disagree with that ive dropped enough of em solo with my zerker.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
i think people have read you post, warlock: purge, release chambers, run away 800-900 RPs happier, carry on until rr10, easy.

If you do not think they the most over powered class ever, you;

a) dont play daoc

b) are blind

c) are really really stupid (i mean forest gump stupid)

d) work for mythic
hmmm..... I'd think that over again if I were you :D
Indeed they are overpowered, but by far not the most overpowered.
and:
a) I do play daoc
b) can see quite well really, well, +.75 left, +.50 right (or the other way around, don't really know by heart)
c) don't place your bets on this... I mean.. really don't...
d) Hell no...

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
You're common warlock will only have the Uninteruptable cast that costs 40-35% power so he/she will only be able to cast 2 of these unless they use artis, MLs or RAs. So please get a clue before you post assumptions like that

Actually, that's base power, if they get a decent TOA kit they can probably push it to 3-4, with 75% powerpool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom