Stop me dreaming about 28 Days Later

S

Summo

I've had yet another 28 Days Later-related dream just now. :( I haven't seen the film in a few weeks and this must be dream number five or six.

While I remember, it was Manhattan (I assume by the general shape and height of the city). I was alone and infected, but in a different way to the film. Infected could fly, and therefore I could fly but it was a struggle doing so - a little faster than swimming through water. Flying fast (paticularly up) required a lot of concentration and effort. I remember being aware that the city was a mix of infected and uninfected, both groups would kill me if they had the chance.

Weird bit was that New York was inside. It was enclosed in a huge pyramid (Truman Show-style) and I was hiding out in this large shopping-mall style hanging-basket thing which was at the apex, designed to be lowered somehow into the city. Up there, walking a kind of balcony perimeter was an uninfected guard (who is actually based on a maintenance guy where I work) who I had to hide from.

Before I woke up I had a 'flashback' (dream within a dream?) to when the infections had just started and panic was gripping the city. I was already infected but the effects could be surpressed in much the same way a drunk person can act sober. That's exactly how it felt. The flashback was me in a crowded BP garage buying two 25g packs of Golden Virginia and fours packs of blue Rizlas to stock up for the long struggle ahead. I remember the guy behind the counter only had six packs left with nothing being restocked and I was somehow aware that the next person to be served also wanted Golden Virginia. I thought "I should really only buy one pack to give other people a chance to get some," then I thought "Fuck it. Fuck them." This probably means I smoke to much.

I remember being chased through the skies and it being bloody hard work.

There was a lot of detail in this dream and it seemed to last hours. I had to post this as a sort of excorsie excersise and have a fag, so bear with me. I can now go back to bed. Thank you.

PS. Maybe this should be in the Film Forum, but it exists in my subconsious and as of yet there's no forum for that. Kiss my infected arse.

PPS. On an unrelated note, I'm having great fun (in real life now) 'spasming' and making sounds like an infected around my friends. This amuses me greatly and in the right situation, freaks them out. Haw haw.

W

Wij

I think you probably have a terminal bum-illness. :(

X

Xtro

I had yet another dream involving Angelina, some cling film and two buckets of lard. I wonder what it means...I don't want them to stop though for some reason.

W

Will

Summo, go and watch Dark Water. You'll not dream about 28 Days Later again.:)

X

Xtro

Have you seen Audition, The Eye or Ichi The Killer yet Will? Please do, lots of fun.

W

Will

My CC bill has put the dampers on my DVD viewing habits. I really need work to get my expenses back to me soon, then I shall.

M

mank!

Summo has the best dreams.

Actually that's a lie, Xtro does but Summo's are quite fun too.

M

Maljonic

Have you seen Reign of Fire? I watched 28 Days later last Friday, the R o F on Saturday. Both based in the UK, it feels like most of the people have been wiped out by infection, then nearly everyone else has been immolated by dragons... :(

Users who are viewing this thread