stolen from tilda's thread. would you pay for a ml?

would you be willing to "pay" to fuck up a ml raid?

• yes

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • no

Votes: 61 51.7%
  • no opinion .

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
if a ml raid was lead by a E&E .. and to join you were recruired to pay 1 plat that you would get back at the end of the raid if you didnt fuck it up by either going afk, or attacking a mob you shouldnt attack and such.. would you join?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
As a raid leader i feel that would be a great idea. I'm sick and tired of people going AFK on my raids or fuck them up some other way.

I wouldn't mind doing this as long as the funds didn't go to the raid leader (Keep door repair or siege weapons)

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
im totally up for it.. (geez, i posted the poll).. BUT.. it would have to be a good raidleader that does raids quickneazy and dont pf00k up any step by forgetting to do something... then i would love it.. i can imagine that it would cut the raid-times in half

duact

Fledgling Freddie
but if the raidleader fucks up he would have to pay 100p imo

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The thread title and the poll question are two different things.

Paying a 1p deposit to join a raid would require far too much time at the start/end of the raid to deal with. Trying to spend 10-15 mins getting all the fees at the start and end of the raid would be time consuming, as well as managing the battlegroup to make sure only people who have paid their fees are able to join.

As for paying 1p to join a raid (not a deposit), what happens if a paying person goes link dead? Would everyone have to wait because that 1p gives them the right to hold the battlegroup up when they go linkdead?

The threat of being removed from the battlegroup should be enough for most people. Also the threat of never being able to attend any of that leaders future raids should also discourage people from screwing them up.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I probably wouldn't. I'm all in favor of just kicking people who mess up. 1p per participant (or something like that) would just lead to bitching over ingame money instead.

And of course, it would be too tempting to waste 20p just to go and be an asshole on Bubble's raids! :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
pfft

Thought someone would do that. 100 afkers on a raid :(

Leave my infiltrator to solo everything.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
3 plat 3 afk accounts not bad
would you give a refund if 1 account lost stick and missed credit?
:)

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
MLs are too time consuming as they are, without having to wait at the end for the ML Leader to hand back money to 'maybe' 100+ people. So no, Imo I don't think it's a good idea.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
No, simple you do this for your realm... not only for yourself, oke you're the raidleader so what? you did this for your char oke.. but you need other people to do the steps so it would be lame if you let THEM pay for the same steps as you need...

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I'd rather fancy a different, moneysink system. Buying MLs. Say, 5p for ML1, then at 5p increments to 50p for ML10 credit. This may or may not exclude ML exp.

That would drain cash out of DAoC faster to revalue the prices.

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Deepflame said:
I'd rather fancy a different, moneysink system. Buying MLs. Say, 5p for ML1, then at 5p increments to 50p for ML10 credit. This may or may not exclude ML exp.

That would drain cash out of DAoC faster to revalue the prices.

Nice idea but the casual players will still find it too hard. I'd rather see all MLs made into group steps.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Legaen said:
Nice idea but the casual players will still find it too hard. I'd rather see all MLs made into group steps.

aye in instanced zones, just like artifacts should be

but on topic: it seems like a good idea if the refunding could go fast enough. You could always start accepting the cash well before the start of the raid.

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
just need strict ML leaders... /bg remove %t is a winner

the time/work involved in getting ppl to pay 1 plat would be overwelming... perhabs make it grp leaders job to collect and to that stuff... and hope he don't LD with 7 plats :p

AND it might have the side effect to ruin MLs for the casual player... for som ppl 1-2 plats are alot of monny... for others its just a grab in the pocket... :fluffle:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
simply macro removing someone from a /bg and pm'ing them a message asking them to rejoin it.
Spam this on random people throughout the raid :worthy:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Legaen said:
id rather see it made all bg.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think anyone sets out to fuck up an ml raid... it just happens due to the whole process being so incredibly boring that u slip into a coma halfway thru :mad:

LEEEEROY!!!

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
id rather see it made all bg.
don't think much raid leaders would agree with that :p.. unless all the steps would be sooo easy that a lvl 40 cleric can do them :>

Mikisen

Fledgling Freddie
What raid leader in his/her right mind would want this? Sometimes 100+ members in a bg, which means you would have to do 200 trades with people. Lotto'ing loot is timeconsuming enough.

How would you ever keep track of who has paid you and not, would be loads of whine from the ones not getting back their 1p.

It's easier to just kick whoever is being a jerk. Good raid leaders know how to motivate and take control/leadership. There's many BG-commands that support leadership.

Necromaniak

One of Freddy's beloved
Bubble said:
As a raid leader i feel that would be a great idea. I'm sick and tired of people going AFK on my raids or fuck them up some other way.

I wouldn't mind doing this as long as the funds didn't go to the raid leader (Keep door repair or siege weapons)

If the funds went to the raid leader i would lead a ML every day to get f00king rich in no-time tbh....

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
I think the 1p deposit won't make much difference. What I would do to avoid the problems?
  • No more FFA raids, only signup ones
    • Only people who sign up for the set groups (with set duties) can roll for loot. All mods for specific positions are set in advance. Mods you won on other raids are added to this. NO AFK in these groups (doing so results in forfeiting your chance to roll for items, also can lead to kicks, bans from future raids) Not following what raid leader says, can result in similar consequences.
    • For "inactive" / zerg groups: You still need to be accepted by raid leader. If you go AFK do that at your own risk, you can stick to a character specified by raid leader. (No loot for these groups) People accepted to thse groups can be used as backups if someone from active groups doesn't turn up, or gets kicked. Leaving while waiting for grantcredit => Ban. Sticking to wrong character, attacking wrong mobs, etc: => Ban
  • For more complex raid, only trusted people get accepted
    • To get on the "white list" you should join less complex raids or xp groups, etc first, to make sure raid leader knows you
    • People who are banned, are removed from trusted list, and when their ban expired they should get on the list again, by attending raids
Check AFKs before, specify specific duties for people before, when they get accepted, give them some briefing in PM (on forum, etc) and when they join they should join their own positions and do their own jobs.

Ok, you have to maintain the ban lists, white lists, etc. but is that a big problem? :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Not really had a lot of problems with AFK's or screw ups with my raids.

Maybe I just don't run enough to notice them.

All I tend to threaten people with is no lotto if they whine.

Darzil

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i like the ml raids which are run with no lotto rules (apart from the ml x.10 items), this forces people to make good groups who can kill the mobs.

As for BG whine - u just have to put a bg on listen mode only so only the raid leader talks - and gives info. the raid leader can then make a CG with the BG group leaders - who can communicate any lds or other problems like deaths etc

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
fuck that and fuck all nazi raid leaders. Excal raids always had the dumbest rules.

Whatever happend to flaming people who mess up a raid?
If that's not enough you can force afk'ers to cybor, it's worth more than a plat when this asshole comes back to his screen and finds someone came on his chatlog.

Elitist PvE is ForTehWank

Afran

Part of the furniture
As GReaper said It'd be very time consuming.

Give in game mail system similar to that in WoW and you could pay the 1p before the raid, and the leader could hit return if needed:p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I'd pay irl cash to have all ML's done on certain characters of mine, thought that it was what this thread was about when reading the topic title :)
Other than that I don't think the 'Pay a plat and get it back at the end if you behave well during the ML raid' would work well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom