Still worth grinding?

Amok

Fledgling Freddie
I've just got to 500 alchemy and I suddenly thought to myself;

'with all the new uber TOA gear, does anyone even use crafted stuff anymore?'

Before I spend any big cash on this, could someone reassure me that theres some point in it? :)

decker

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc abla etc. are usefull :) And u can make potions etc. :)
Keep going imo :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
imo its pretty worthless, i dont get any alch orders and if i do people whine about price (i think some expect you to sell them for less than material cost) really my alch is just an end pot bot now.

Amok

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
imo its pretty worthless, i dont get any alch orders and if i do people whine about price (i think some expect you to sell them for less than material cost) really my alch is just an end pot bot now.

I had a feeling that might be the case.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Power-pot-bot in my case, but basically 'what he said'.

Theres no profit to be made from it, and more than enough alchemists around to make high level procs etc already. Only reason to create your own alchemist is power/end pots.

Amok

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of a shame really... I guess the same is true of SC as well, and other tradeskills only useful for salvaging... Anyone know if there are plans to make crafting more useful in Catacombs?

I guess theres a little appeal for making seige weaps in NF but we're talking a lot of money and time for not much gain.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
at some point mythic said they would keep crafted items the best you can get, guess that went out the window.

imo they should implement rare drops that can only be used by a crafter to make nice items. patterns, special stat/skill/resist stones special proc ingrediants etc

Influenza

Part of the furniture
If they did that i can imagine it to be "only available in Catacombs Expansion" so basically forcing crafters to buy it.
Sounds a bit paranoid but its mythic and id put nothing passed them.

Plus im a bit pissed off atm cos it just took 132 retries for MP studded arms. :(

UKM_Thorgrim

Fledgling Freddie
Dont bother

same your money and do weapons/armour.

better for salvage..

Alchemy Dead power/end/ dyes is really all i do now.

Daenry

Fledgling Freddie
I would give up on the alc and change to sc if u want to make a profit and be kept busy. I get asked so many times to sc temps its amazing so ofc peeps r still using crafted.
sc is a lot cheaper to lgm also and my guess is a lot more profit in the long run, though sc is uber tough and can be mentaly draining just doing gems all the time.

Eraser

Loyal Freddie
dont go more in alchemy if you dont do it for yourself (i.e. potions etc).
there is hardly any money to make since housing and ToA hit us.
at least not with reactive procs. sure ppl still need some on their crafted stuff to fill up their toa set, but it goes like this:
player wents to market explorer, buys reactives for material price or even lesser (ppl sell it really cheap when they skill up) and PM me then to ask if i can imbue it for them...
usually i do this for free as i cba to argue if i get 20 g for it or not (who cares about this amount of money anyway these days). so the ONLY money to make with alchemy is potions, unique dyes and trophypots. and the time you spend crafting this stuff isnt worth what you gain out of it.
guildies are happy to have an alchemist avaliable but thats it.
damn i miss those times sitting in diogel crafting my ass off and customers waiting in the line all day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom